Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-02-2009, 10:10 PM
New User

F-6Flathead is starting off with a positive reputation.
Question engine trans swap in '52 F-6

Ok...I have no clue if this will work, but I have a '72 390 with a T-18 trans that I would like to put into my '52 F-6. It currently has the 239 and T-98 trans. I would like to keep the T-98, but can't seam to find and adapter plate for it...anyone know of one available??? I know I'm going to have to put in a new motor mount setup...thats not a problem, but if I go with the T-18, will it sit back far enough for the gear shift to come through the floor. Anyone have any info on this would be greatly appriciated! Pics, threads, anything on anyone doing this mode or similar? Thanks in advance guys!!
Old 02-02-2009, 11:10 PM
I'll have the Roast Duck

havi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to all
Havi Proprietor
shifter hole will be pretty darn close, but the shifter itself will need to be bent backward away from the dash. I put a Ford 400 and T19 (same thing) in my 48 F1, and it lined up except for the stick itself. Figuring out the clutch might be a different story, though. i swapped out the F1 crossmember for an F2 crossmember, as the tailhousing had the mount right on it. I didn't get pics of the tranny while everything sat in place, sorry. I since then took everything back apart, and went a different direction. Nevertheless, it should be ok. Here's about the last pic I took.
Attached Images

The rest are just average.
Old 02-02-2009, 11:50 PM
New User

F-6Flathead is starting off with a positive reputation.
Just thought of this...but I would need a different radiator as well wouldn't I? If so what would work?
Old 02-02-2009, 11:50 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks