Ohio Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: RUNVS

Warmer Temps!

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 11:58 AM
bigwin56f100
Lead Driver
Received 835 Likes on 473 Posts
Warmer Temps!

You have to love this taste of spring! Had a pipe freeze and break in the garage during the cold snap, repaired that yesterday, and did some shop cleanup.

Old 02-10-2009, 11:24 PM
bmuhlbach
Cargo Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I get to replace drywall on my ceiling from ice blocking the flow of water and it decided to flow inside. I also got a new roof Saturday with ice blocker under it.Oh will its nice out its hard to be upset with this 48 degrees heat wave.

Old 02-11-2009, 08:38 AM
F2504x4
Lead Driver
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
This is a nice break from all the ice that we have gotten this season, but still it has been a very mild winter compared to others that we have had in the past....

Get ready fro a very windy day today...still lots of trees that might not make it and could fall...

Old 02-12-2009, 03:18 PM
Freightrain
Lead Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Ya, loved to hear about 65deg temps yesterday.....unfortunately I was laid up in bed with a serious kick in the headcold. It's going around work, so I knew I was gunno get it sooner or later. Might as well be right before Valentines day! Gunno put a real damper on Sat evening............

I'm at work today, but still got a nice cough. Like said....can't be MAD when it's WARM outside..........

Was worried last night...........as the wind really beat things up. I've got a few biggies that I'm afraid might take the plunge someday(before I get around to trimming them).

Old 02-12-2009, 11:17 PM
bmuhlbach
Cargo Master
I couldn't believe I didn't lose any trees or the power. It wasbad driveing home the wind was realy blown my FoFO around there was a Chevy lumina about 30 ft in a field off of rt. 71! my new roof hold up no shinges missing.

Old 02-13-2009, 09:35 AM
dave boley
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bmuhlbach
I get to replace drywall on my ceiling from ice blocking the flow of water and it decided to flow inside. I also got a new roof Saturday with ice blocker under it.Oh will its nice out its hard to be upset with this 48 degrees heat wave.

You will learn to love that ice blocker. It's expensive stuff but it's worth it just about anywhere in Ohio. The last time I re-did my roof I used a bunch of that stuff. I double layered and overlaped it in all four of the valleys. Don't build without it...

When are the buzzards due in???

Later Man...

Old 02-13-2009, 09:43 AM
dave boley
Posting Guru
I'm just glad the snow and ice has gone away. I can even see my donor vehicles out back again. Unfortunately I think we're in for more of the nasty stuff.

Being retired I am able to stay home and not get into crowded situations like going to work or being with a lot of other people where all the colds and flu seems to run rampant. I just have to be carefull and avoid the neighbor's kids who bring all that stuff home from school. My wife like to go to town and doo all the shopping so I pretty nuck am able to avoid all that sort of contact.

Later Folks...

Old 02-13-2009, 09:47 AM
WALFORD'S 56
Postmaster
Wednesday night was bad.....had 7 trees fall and the neighbors trees fell on my fence and will get replaced soon. The neighbors came over at 2:30 AM and wanted to stay in our house...and our animals were worked up.
I had the neighbors stay in my 1956 F500 vanbody and it has heat and queen size bed and 2 sofas. It worked out nice. I knew it would come in handy....now the wife calls it ''the tornado camper''. The winds were 60 plus mph and on the lake.....it just roared!
My neighbors liked the ''camper'' so well,that now -he even says he likes my old trucks!! I have to have the insurance company figure what all gets paid for and then hope it all gets replaced

Old 02-13-2009, 11:26 AM
bmuhlbach
Cargo Master
That ice block is up on the roof now! Thats why I had the roof done now plus it was a friend of my sons who owns a roofing co and he could use the money things are slow for him right now.If you need roofing done i'd recommend him very highly.

Old 02-13-2009, 11:42 AM
dave boley
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by WALFORD'S 56
Wednesday night was bad.....had 7 trees fall and the neighbors trees fell on my fence and will get replaced soon. The neighbors came over at 2:30 AM and wanted to stay in our house...and our animals were worked up.
I had the neighbors stay in my 1956 F500 vanbody and it has heat and queen size bed and 2 sofas. It worked out nice. I knew it would come in handy....now the wife calls it ''the tornado camper''. The winds were 60 plus mph and on the lake.....it just roared!
My neighbors liked the ''camper'' so well,that now -he even says he likes my old trucks!! I have to have the insurance company figure what all gets paid for and then hope it all gets replaced
Hey Bill,
How much damage did you have? We had a lot of wind and the area had a lot of power outages but we just had drop outs that mever lasted longer than 15 seconds.

One of those wheeled residences that bigwin likes to comment on was destroyed on a farm close to here. It must have been sideways to the wind because it just folded over. the wind anchors didn't give but it folded under the wind pressure. Funnyn thing is there was another one near by that did not get damaged. I think it must have been pointed end wise into the wind.

We are on high ground here and we really catch the wind but we had no problems. Two years ago I had my 100' ham radio tower come down in 70 MPH wind. It did have a lot of weight on it. It turned out that it broke a guy line on the higer 80' level. Worst thing is that it poked three holes in the roof and took out a skylight. What a mess. I have never replaced the tower. I still have one section of it left sticking up with a satellite dish on it.

I thought you were starting South today. Let me know when you will be coming by.

Later Man...

Old 02-13-2009, 12:46 PM
WALFORD'S 56
Postmaster
Dave--I am heading down 75......smoother ride and less hills. Packing up and ready soon.....wish us luck!! Bill

Old 02-13-2009, 12:50 PM
dave boley
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by WALFORD'S 56
Dave--I am heading down 75......smoother ride and less hills. Packing up and ready soon.....wish us luck!! Bill
Sorry we will miss you. You could cut over to 75 from Charleston thru Huntington and avoid a lot of the Columbus and Cincinnatti mess.

Later Man...

Old 02-14-2009, 09:50 AM
bigwin56f100
Lead Driver
Received 835 Likes on 473 Posts
I had the tops and inner covers on 8 of my bee hives blow off. I found them all but a few blew really far away. The state came and inspected the hives in the late fall and didnt put the bricks back on 8 of the 12. I hadnt noticed untill the tops were all over the back yard.

Didnt hurt any of them as they all look OK.

Old 02-14-2009, 12:31 PM
dave boley
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by bigwin56f100
I had the tops and inner covers on 8 of my bee hives blow off. I found them all but a few blew really far away. The state came and inspected the hives in the late fall and didnt put the bricks back on 8 of the 12. I hadnt noticed untill the tops were all over the back yard.

Didnt hurt any of them as they all look OK.
Yeah, you gotta love the effeciency of the state government agencies.

Old 02-15-2009, 02:53 PM
bmuhlbach
Cargo Master
The Buzzards are due back March 15 Thats a Sunday so there will be a feast of pancakes and sauage and stuff for sale at the Elemantary School.Its pretty educational sometimes a buzzard has a 4-5 foot wing span and weighs 5 lbs. thats way they glide through the air cause there not strong fliers and they eat dead stuff because there beeks are weak to catch and rip open live stuff they do eat mice and small stuff too.

Quick Reply: Warmer Temps!