2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lets see everyones trucks......

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 05:56 PM
metalliq1
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mitch150
Thanks metalliq. It's funny that I haven't been on the site in a while and I know this thread for at least a year, and I come across a pic of my truck someone has posted. I appreciate the compliment and glad you like the look of it, I have found it's about 50/50 for people who like /dislike the look. You mention expensive juices, most of what I've done to my truck is rather cheap (I really hate to use that word) mods, a lot of what I wanted to get for it, is or was not available for it, like the wheels, which are painted now. I painted the grill, as well as the head lights and tail lights, money is and has been extremely tight for me. I have been reading along here and may I suggest that you go with a Magnaflow true duel exhaust? I think you'll be very happy with that set up, at least I am. I had a flowcrapper cat back and it left a lot to be desired. Will be looking forward to see what you do to your ride. Well here's a more updated pic of my truck w/ the painted wheels and much larger tires, you really need to hit the bar to enlarge the photo to appreciate it, which by the way is a nice feature they've added to the site instead of the already ginormous photos:

Oh and if anyone cares, it just turned over the big 200,000 mile marker a couple of weeks ago!!
Great to hear from you Mitch, looking tight as always! I will take your advice and do the Magnaflows, been leaning that way lately, so the extra push helps tip the balance! As for cost of mods, trust me, down here the simplest things we take for granted stateside will bite you hard in the backside. I haven't been able to change my wheels yet because I found out after everything got here that the lug nuts on the factory steel wheels wouldn't work with my XD Addicts. So I went to the parts market to solve the problem. They were basically asking for $7.50 PER NUT for second-hand open-ended lug nuts of which I needed 24. Best price I could bargain for was $5.30 per nut. I walked away and got the set of 24 off eBay for $25. I say this just to make the point that even a decent can of paint to do what you've done here will set you back a pretty penny. Unless you have access to US stores, but then you have to wait way longer than you might like to get your stuff down here.

Old 05-15-2012, 06:04 PM
metalliq1
New User
Originally Posted by DieselBeast01
I owned a Tundra for approximately 3 weeks. IMHO its a horrible truck. Ford F150>Toyota Tundra by far.

I hear you DB, and I agree, I really love my truck! Thing is though that down here Toyota has a presence, solid support and an abundance of genuine parts. Most of us driving F-series have to either make do with iffy parts available on the market or order directly from the US. Assuming you're able to get an accurate diagnosis of whatever issues you might have in the first place... I'm lucky to have a great mechanic whose always dealt with my American cars and does a decent job. Without that, most people lean towards the comfort of Toyota's support system.

Old 05-15-2012, 07:35 PM
Coskid
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DieselBeast01
I owned a Tundra for approximately 3 weeks. IMHO its a horrible truck. Ford F150>Toyota Tundra by far.
I could not agree with this more!! My best friend owns a 2011 Tundra and he always remarks how much better my truck rides then his does. He also complains about the mpg of the 5.7L on a regular basis.

Old 05-26-2012, 11:02 AM
MarksA-C
Senior User

My truck! 2004 F150 XLT 4x4. Now has 91k 5.4 runs great and pulls so much nicer than the old 5.8 I had before. Only have owned it a little over a month and have put almost 2k on it. I gotta stop cruising! Bully bar on the front, undercover bed cover, dual exhaust, and a towing package as well! Paid a bit over 13k for it (5 year financing thru dealer, small payments but no early end fee as well). The truck is almost spotless! Where is rare for any trucks over 5 years old here in WI. 1 small bubble over the drivers rear...thats it.

My only complaint is it started ticking 2 weeks off the lot. The hotter the days are, the worse the ticking. No codes have been thrown and it still runs fantastic. I'm just a paranoid person and worry if its going to last me 5+ years.

After a few years I plan on doing a few upgrades, like a leveling kit, slightly larger tire size, ranch hand brush guard, better stereo, etc.

I was trying to sell off my old 1992 F150 for over 2 months, but ended up trading for a motorcycle. Can sell the bike for $1500-2k later on so I figured it was an even trade.

Old 06-05-2012, 08:01 PM
Reeds FX4
New User
I just grabbed a 2004 F150 FX4 Supercab with a hair over 70,000 on it, so I'm hoping I can have it for many years to come. In the past I've owned a 94 F150 and a 95 F250, both with over 200k on them eventually, and I'm in disbelief at how much progress Ford made in 10 years with this truck. I also have a 2001 Mustang that has been my daily driver for the past 2 years, but hopefully can be retired as a toy now.

Anyways, here's some pictures of it after it's first detail since 2004

The paint before:
Attachment 294272
Attachment 294273
Name:  RKFma.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  377.1 KB

During:
Attachment 294275
after maybe 1/4 of the drivers door
Attachment 294276

After:
Attachment 294277
Attachment 294278
Attachment 294279
Attachment 294280

Only got the reflections outside, didn't think to grab a close up of the paint, oops

Engine:
Before:
Attachment 294281
After:
Attachment 294282
If anyone want details on how to clean up the engine, I can do a writeup on i, takes all of 30 mins and $15
If you look in the background of the last one you might spy the project truck

the current goodies on the list are a 2.5" or 3" leveling kit for the front, running boards/nerf bars, and an Edge programmer. Also looking at replacing the cloth seats with OEM Ford leather.

Old 06-06-2012, 08:10 PM
Coskid
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nice looking truck enjoy!

Old 06-08-2012, 04:53 AM
mitch150
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Nice job under the hood Reeds, not sure what it is you do, but I spray simple green all over the engine compartment, let it sit for a few minutes and then lightly hose it off with the garden hose, you don't want a lot of pressure when doing that, it comes out as clean as yours did

Old 06-08-2012, 12:30 PM
Reeds FX4
New User
Nice job under the hood Reeds, not sure what it is you do, but I spray simple green all over the engine compartment, let it sit for a few minutes and then lightly hose it off with the garden hose, you don't want a lot of pressure when doing that, it comes out as clean as yours did
Ah you've almost got my method.
-You let the engine warm up to near operating temp, and mist water under the hood letting it steam a little.
-After you quickly spray simple green concentrate over everything and close the hood.
-Let the steam and simple green react together and clean the engine for about 15-20 mins
-Open the hood and lightly rinse off the engine, manually wipe any really dirty spots and re-simple green as needed
-Take a tire shine FOAM and spray it over the engine compartment. Close the hood again and let it do its thing for 15 mins
-Open the hood and wipe off any excess foam.

Now you're good to go. I usually let the truck sit for an hour or so and use a leaf blower to make sure all the electronics are dry before starting it up. I found putting tin foil over the altenator and any serious wire connectors gives a little more peace of mine

On a daily driver I usually do this twice a year, and my Mustang which sees less miles gets it once a year. Really keeps it clean and takes almost no effort after the first time you do it

Old 06-09-2012, 03:57 AM
mitch150
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Reeds FX4
Ah you've almost got my method.
-You let the engine warm up to near operating temp, and mist water under the hood letting it steam a little.
-After you quickly spray simple green concentrate over everything and close the hood.
-Let the steam and simple green react together and clean the engine for about 15-20 mins
-Open the hood and lightly rinse off the engine, manually wipe any really dirty spots and re-simple green as needed
-Take a tire shine FOAM and spray it over the engine compartment. Close the hood again and let it do its thing for 15 mins
-Open the hood and wipe off any excess foam.

Now you're good to go. I usually let the truck sit for an hour or so and use a leaf blower to make sure all the electronics are dry before starting it up. I found putting tin foil over the altenator and any serious wire connectors gives a little more peace of mine

On a daily driver I usually do this twice a year, and my Mustang which sees less miles gets it once a year. Really keeps it clean and takes almost no effort after the first time you do it
Wow, you really go to town with your cleaning process. That simple green is some good ****, so good you should try it without steaming the engine compartment, though that is a good idea and I can see where that works really good as well, you can save yourself some time my way. It doesn't take me but a short few minutes to get the job done, the only thing is you don't want to let the SG sit to long doing it my way as it is really concentrated (compared to misting w/water and steam first) and that stuff could start to eat some paint under the hood, so I've been told. I've never done the tire shine under there, and that does make it look like new, I guess I just don't care about that too much, not to mention I'm just too damned impatient

Again though, you do a good job under there, really looks good. I just picked up some more Simple Green last night at good ol' Wallyworld cause I was out when I wanted to do my under hood stuff last weekend, maybe I'll give your method a shot this weekend

Old 06-09-2012, 11:43 AM
Reeds FX4
New User
Wow, you really go to town with your cleaning process. That simple green is some good ****, so good you should try it without steaming the engine compartment, though that is a good idea and I can see where that works really good as well, you can save yourself some time my way. It doesn't take me but a short few minutes to get the job done, the only thing is you don't want to let the SG sit to long doing it my way as it is really concentrated (compared to misting w/water and steam first) and that stuff could start to eat some paint under the hood, so I've been told. I've never done the tire shine under there, and that does make it look like new, I guess I just don't care about that too much, not to mention I'm just too damned impatient

Again though, you do a good job under there, really looks good. I just picked up some more Simple Green last night at good ol' Wallyworld cause I was out when I wanted to do my under hood stuff last weekend, maybe I'll give your method a shot this weekend
Hmm, I've never had a problem with paint and simple green on the cars I've done it with, maybe the water does help a little bit. But I find that I get impatient with it too, so I just end up doing it while I'm washing and detailing the rest of my truck so I can do something in the meantime lol. But if you use tire shine, definitely use the foaming stuff and not the liquid spray, it works ten time better. Oh and post pictures

Old 06-11-2012, 10:40 PM
whippledfx4
Freshman User
04 w/ 4 inch RCD lift, and 2 inch level in front. 35 12.50s an a supercharger to push them.

Old 06-12-2012, 01:20 AM
DieselBeast01
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If only I had the money, I would definitely have mine roush charged.

Old 06-12-2012, 07:34 AM
jthorngate3
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Which suspension kit did you go with on that truck whippled? How does it do with power and...economy?? haha. Just curious.

Old 06-19-2012, 11:57 AM
JamesPyles
New User

Just a little pond!

Old 06-19-2012, 12:20 PM
Gundown64
Senior User
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Beautiful truck James. Looks good both dirty and clean! What size lift is that? 8"?

Quick Reply: Lets see everyones trucks......