6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

Sct tunes for my x3 tuner

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 09:26 AM
6LPSD
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Sct tunes for my x3 tuner

hey guys got some tuner and tunes questions? i seen a few mon back
that spartan has all the free archived sct tunes for the sct xcal2 tunes on their site now they are gone. will and would these tunes work for my sct x3 tuner? backwards compatible?

Index of /~amon/tunes

https://cid-5366fff6538efcfe.skydriv...s?view=details

i found these 2 above sites that have tunes, are there any more sites that have any different tunes out there for the 6.0L diesel? could anybody pm me or email me them to me, thanks alot? btw what is a good tune for low power to preserve my warranty and keep the heads intact?

my ecm code is if anybody want to know: VXCF4DC
TQCKOD2

Old 01-30-2009, 02:56 PM
6LPSD
Senior User
does anyone know if the above linked sct tunes are with the egr disabled ? or enabled as it would seem logical to disable the egr to make the engine run more efficiently and not eat its own exhaust.

thanks.

Old 01-30-2009, 05:25 PM
D8chumley
Resident smarta$$
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm pretty sure the EGR is still enabled with these tunes. I have run MSE -100 hp tune and when I keep my foot out of it , it gets better fuel economy, I think Seriously I think the higher HP tunes give more mpg as long as you're not hard on the skinny pedal.

Old 01-30-2009, 06:05 PM
unrulee
Posting Guru
Damn the temptation huh!!!

I'm planning on a tuner........soon.........

Old 01-30-2009, 06:11 PM
6LPSD
Senior User
how can that be? i called eric at innovative and he said most if not all of the sct xcal2 x3 tuning done by anyone is with the egr off, since if the egr is still active i would be worried to be runnin a hot tune and the egr is dumping that superheated air into my intake runners, am i not correct here or am i mistaken? it seems foolhardy running a hot tune that is making tonns of smoke and having the egr still active & workin and gettin clogged from it being open or partially open.

Old 01-30-2009, 06:47 PM
ruffneck22
Senior User
for under 1000 bucks get an egr delete kit installed. with no tuner i can hit anywhere from 28-33psi

Old 01-31-2009, 03:36 PM
D8chumley
Resident smarta$$
Originally Posted by 6LPSD
how can that be? i called eric at innovative and he said most if not all of the sct xcal2 x3 tuning done by anyone is with the egr off, since if the egr is still active i would be worried to be runnin a hot tune and the egr is dumping that superheated air into my intake runners, am i not correct here or am i mistaken? it seems foolhardy running a hot tune that is making tonns of smoke and having the egr still active & workin and gettin clogged from it being open or partially open.
I'm pretty sure that is what I read. For the archive tunes, anyway. If you had Matt write you a tune I think there's a good chance the EGR would be disabled. I've never had my EGT over 1100'ish, though I know I can push it higher I'm just skeered!

Old 01-31-2009, 06:35 PM
dcaddi2
Elder User
Originally Posted by 6LPSD
Maybe I'm mistaken, but I didn't see ARP studs in your signature. In that case, I'm afraid that the EGR valve on or off is not the only thing what you should be worry about if you planning to run hot tunes.
I know, several people running hot tunes without studs, but I'm just thinking how would I feel running those tunes if I don't have studs. I'm saying this, because I just had to replace my 35psi boost gauge with a 60psi - one. Guess why? I pushed that 35 to max more often, than I could imagine before. Can you imagine that with bolts trying to hold my heads on the block?
Anyways, I would look into delete the EGR, if I'm you, and just forget about it for the future.

Old 02-10-2009, 04:26 PM
rcherry11
Senior User
quick question, I'm getting ready to install the x3 does it save to stock tune on the device or can I only put 2 custom tunes on and then the stock would be 3 or can you put 3 on and then it saves the stock tune too. I also thought I read some where that you have to backup your stock tune what does this mean. Do I download it first and then put it on the computer then put the custom tunes on or what.

Old 02-10-2009, 04:31 PM
D8chumley
Resident smarta$$
I loaded 3 tunes into the X3 and then plugged it into the truck. The X3 first saved my stock tune then I loaded the new tune into the truck. I think backing up your stock tune means loading it into a file on your computer so you'll have it " backed up" I have to do this yet as I still have my stock tune on the X3 only.

Old 02-10-2009, 04:49 PM
rcherry11
Senior User
sweet thanks I was alittle worried there for a min not sure if I would still have my stock tune. Hope all works well I'm returning it back to stock (taking off the six-gun)and then putting on the x3 with the spartan tunes then putting the six gun back on so I can use the PDA for the gauges I'll put the six-gun on 1 I think that will be a stock tune so I don't blow the heads off

Old 06-22-2012, 10:30 AM
ItsMREMT
Senior User
i love google, craigslist and this forum ! thanks for the links bummer there isnt more detail on the tunes. I just picked up my SCT off of craigslist for $150.

Is anyone running the Extreme Economy tune? If so whats the MPG your getting?

Old 06-22-2012, 07:14 PM
william_04_x
Lead Driver

Received 146 Likes on 88 Posts
This is an old thread. You're best bet is to talk to Matt at Gearhead, out Eric at Innovative Diesel and have them write a tune for you. If the hundred bucks is a problem, you shouldn't be running a tuned 6.0.

Old 06-22-2012, 10:05 PM
ItsMREMT
Senior User
Originally Posted by william_04_x
This is an old thread. You're best bet is to talk to Matt at Gearhead, out Eric at Innovative Diesel and have them write a tune for you. If the hundred bucks is a problem, you shouldn't be running a tuned 6.0.
uuumm ok useful information doesn't expire. Is the 6.0 bible in this forum an "old thread"?

I liked this post cause it now gives me ideas on, how I want my next tunes to be. I can now say to someone that's creating my tune what I tried, what I liked about it, what I didn't and, areas I want to improve on. Which I think is better then just getting a tune emailed for the mods done to your truck.

Old 06-22-2012, 11:32 PM
william_04_x
Lead Driver

Received 146 Likes on 88 Posts
Originally Posted by ItsMREMT
uuumm ok useful information doesn't expire. Is the 6.0 bible in this forum an "old thread"?
Comparing dynamic tuning software to the mostly objective hardware info in the 6.0 bible isn't relevant. Tuning logic and strategies change over time, whereas the location of the EGR valve does not.

That's great this thread gives you some ideas for what you want. The guys I listed are still in the scene and can offer technical support if needed.

Quick Reply: Sct tunes for my x3 tuner