Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-Atlantic Region > Pennsylvania Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Pennsylvania Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Oldtrucknut7077

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-28-2009, 07:46 PM
Post Fiend

c00nhunterjoe has a very good reputation on FTE.c00nhunterjoe has a very good reputation on FTE.c00nhunterjoe has a very good reputation on FTE.
any shooters in the area?

anybody frequent the gun ranges around here? how about a gun day somewhere?
Old 01-29-2009, 03:28 PM
Elder User

jpb222 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I shoot very regularly but am on the opposite end of the state.

I join a sporting clays leage once a year and fire one of my M1 garands pretty often.

three 66-77 EB's, one restoration, and 2 rock buggies

three 48-52 f-1 pickups, one sleeper, one 4x4 DD and one restoration project
Old 01-29-2009, 06:24 PM
Post Fiend

cbradford has a spectacular reputation.cbradford has a spectacular reputation.cbradford has a spectacular reputation.cbradford has a spectacular reputation.cbradford has a spectacular reputation.cbradford has a spectacular reputation.cbradford has a spectacular reputation.cbradford has a spectacular reputation.cbradford has a spectacular reputation.cbradford has a spectacular reputation.cbradford has a spectacular reputation.
I use to go with my buddy all the time but since he moved out to the Pittsburgh area haven't gone.
05 Excursion Limited V10, 4:30(C3) Limited Slip
01 Expy EB, 5.4, 3:55 Limited Slip, 2006 27' Outback T.T. 7000lbs-loaded
Old 01-30-2009, 10:55 AM
Elder User

JesterPgh is starting off with a positive reputation.
Don't get much range time these days, but yeah. Although, I'm in the Pittsburgh area.
Old 01-30-2009, 11:05 AM
Senior User

oldfart is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Well now Coon... nuthin' much catches my interest like shootin' posts! YEEHAWW! And I see yer from Oxford, Pa.......EH! Well now son sit back and lemme tell ye something. Right there in Oxford, Pa. ye got one fine shooter! Pick up yer phonebook and look up Tom (The Birdman) Benson. Give him a call sometime and tell him Audie..The Oldfart...sent ye. Now mind ye...like myself..he leans toward them old time flintlock guns! Though rumor has it he does still own some of them "suppository guns." Might be just an ugly rumor..who knows. I've even heard he has mebbe a flintlock rifled gun..though cain't figger out why. In any case ye'll find him a wonderful person to get to know. He knows more about primitive ways and N.A. skills than any man I've ever met.... and is willing to share it with anyone who wants to larn. Ever wondered how to start a fire with flint&steel, make&shoot a primitive bow, tan hides, play a reed flute, camp/cook/live pre-1800's? Tom can teach ye. He's also a skilled scrim-shaw artist. Makes wing-bone turkey calls and excellent hunting pouches as well. He's been my friend for many years and is always looking for another "coup" to hang on his lodge. (giggle!) Now.. to explain that comment...in the muzzleloading family..every hunter we can welcome into our group and get involved in shooting traditional muzzleloading guns is a "coup". In the language of the Native Americans..."counting coup" was when a warrior bonked another warrior on the head but didn't kill them. It was a display of bravery. Anyways....call Tom. Audie..the longwinded Oldfart....
Old 01-30-2009, 05:20 PM
Post Fiend

c00nhunterjoe has a very good reputation on FTE.c00nhunterjoe has a very good reputation on FTE.c00nhunterjoe has a very good reputation on FTE.
sweet, now thats local, i never got in to flintlocks and blackpowder shooting. i prefer old milsurp's. wwII has my attention.
Old 02-03-2009, 08:36 AM
Senior User

oldfart is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Aye Coon I like the old military guns as well. Matter of fack I love anything that makes noise! The last shoot I put on here at The Homeplace we had Garands, flintlock rifles, smoothbores and pistols, percussed guns in various flavors and even a matchlock! Then there was assordid revolvers from .22 to .480 and auto-loading pistols from .22 to a pristine ca.1913 Springfield 1911..(not an A1..an actual original 1911) a 1884 45/70 Trapdoor and pre-64 Winch. Model 70! Shotguns..single barrels and sidexsides in ca'tridge and frontstuffers. By the end of the day the range was declared a hazardous waste site. HAW!HAW!HAW! Next time I set up a shoot I'll give ya a advanced invitation. Might be I kin wean ye off'n them suppository guns..eh! Shoot often and bring someone new into the camp! Audie..the oldfart...
Old 02-03-2009, 12:13 PM

2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold
Pittsburgh area here too. Love to shoot, just don't have much time for it anymore.

For WWII rifles, you can't go wrong with a Mosin-Nagant (M91-30). They can be had for less than $100 (check the barrel before you buy!) and are accurate beyond anything I would've expected. I use mine for deer in it's natural form (iron sights). My father in law just bought me a new camo stock for it so I figured I'd pick up a scope and scope mount for it...

Matt
2011 F350 - 6.2 CC, LB, 4.30s, Lariat Ultimate pkg, FX4, Amp steps, Lockpick, AC LC6i, JL HD900/5, JL 13TW5, JL C5-570's, Bilstein 7100 stabilizer, Rancho RS9000XL's, Leveled w/ 35" Toyo M/T's and 5 Star tuned
**Sold - 2000 F250 V10, 6.5" Pro Comp, 37" Toyo MT's
Old 02-03-2009, 01:01 PM
DE Chapter LDR

fire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputation
Joe I love shooting. I personnaly shoot a remington 870 express magnum and a smooth bore flintlock musket. I usually go to the range at elk neck state forest in MD.
Big Bser number XO Slackmaster#5
RIP Stevebricks. You will be missed.
Join the DE Chapter here
Old 02-03-2009, 07:52 PM
Post Fiend

i've frequented elk neck, its not a bad place to go as long as you have your own target stands,

silverbullet, here is my 91-30

Old 02-04-2009, 02:17 PM
Elder User

jpb222 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I also have a 91-30, they are great rifles for the price.

My groupings REALLY tightened up once I sanded a few spots on the stock and handguard that contacted the barrel and placed a small piece of cork gasket material at the end of the stock under the barrel.

three 66-77 EB's, one restoration, and 2 rock buggies

three 48-52 f-1 pickups, one sleeper, one 4x4 DD and one restoration project
Old 02-04-2009, 02:50 PM
Postmaster

soondg has much to be proud ofsoondg has much to be proud ofsoondg has much to be proud ofsoondg has much to be proud ofsoondg has much to be proud ofsoondg has much to be proud ofsoondg has much to be proud ofsoondg has much to be proud ofsoondg has much to be proud of
I used to go to the indoor range 3-4 days a week minimum, fired mostly Glock 9-40-45's. average 3000 rounds. Maybe clay a couple times a year. Since this neck and back stuff though I haven't been able to shoot, a group I belong to is getting ready for the spring clays and skeet and I hoping I'm healed enough to at least try. Last time I went I had to stop, after fifty rounds it was to much.

I loved the pistol range, cheap therapy. No matter what was bothering me, after throwing a few rounds at some paper, I was Mr. Mellow. Most of the guys that go there are a good bunch too, even if I just hung around and shot the s**t, it was a relaxing time.

Pennsylvania Chapter, Home of the Mid Atlantic Meet JOIN US HERE!

Old 02-04-2009, 04:24 PM
Post Fiend

cbradford has a spectacular reputation.cbradford has a spectacular reputation.cbradford has a spectacular reputation.cbradford has a spectacular reputation.cbradford has a spectacular reputation.cbradford has a spectacular reputation.cbradford has a spectacular reputation.cbradford has a spectacular reputation.cbradford has a spectacular reputation.cbradford has a spectacular reputation.cbradford has a spectacular reputation.
I also love the pistol range and a few boxes of 9's with the H&K does wonders for stress relief, also leaves a slight ringing in my ears ( if I forget my ear plugs )
05 Excursion Limited V10, 4:30(C3) Limited Slip
01 Expy EB, 5.4, 3:55 Limited Slip, 2006 27' Outback T.T. 7000lbs-loaded
Old 02-04-2009, 05:07 PM

2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold
Great shots of the 91-30. I need to get a scope mount for it so I'm going to check out the eye-relief mount, I don't care to machine the bolt for a regular scope mount.

My wife just saw my new Ruger catalog and asked for "one of those cute little guns". I was like, (puke), guns aren't cute, you're ruining the whole idea! Maybe I'll let her shoot the P89DC (9mm) and see how she feels about "cute guns"...

Matt
2011 F350 - 6.2 CC, LB, 4.30s, Lariat Ultimate pkg, FX4, Amp steps, Lockpick, AC LC6i, JL HD900/5, JL 13TW5, JL C5-570's, Bilstein 7100 stabilizer, Rancho RS9000XL's, Leveled w/ 35" Toyo M/T's and 5 Star tuned
**Sold - 2000 F250 V10, 6.5" Pro Comp, 37" Toyo MT's
Old 02-06-2009, 09:39 AM
Postmaster

soondg has much to be proud ofsoondg has much to be proud ofsoondg has much to be proud ofsoondg has much to be proud ofsoondg has much to be proud ofsoondg has much to be proud ofsoondg has much to be proud ofsoondg has much to be proud ofsoondg has much to be proud of
Cute little guns, that's funny.

I took my wife to the range and her first ten shots where dead bulls eyes, about as close to going in the same hole as I've ever seen. That made me a little nervous. I asked her what she was thinking about when she was shooting? The freaky look and smirk gave me the shivers.

I try to be a good boy.

Pennsylvania Chapter, Home of the Mid Atlantic Meet JOIN US HERE!

Old 02-06-2009, 09:39 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-Atlantic Region > Pennsylvania Chapter

Tags
48, cab, centermark, chasse, clip, conversion, de, fusil, guns, marlin, xl7