Alberta Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Puddy

Best place in Edmonton to get chrome work done

Old 01-27-2009, 07:43 PM
55 Merc M-100
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best place in Edmonton to get chrome work done

I'm looking for a good place in Edmonton to get a 55 grille done in chrome. There are holes in the grille that need to be repaired as well since there were the gull wings on it before and I don't want to put them back on. Anyone happy with work they have had done, let me know where. Thanks

Old 02-10-2009, 11:19 AM
mcdonaldm
Elder User
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wadson'd Hot Rod shop recommended Supreme Plating on 127th st just north of Yellowhead to me as they use them for all their chrome work.

i went there with my bumpers off a 60 f100 as i wanted them rechromed and i had welded up the holes and added studs for that smooth look. when i went there they said they can't guarantee that the chroming would turnout smooth due to the weld repair, so i got the impression that they don't do much prep work or smoothing of the parts before chroming so unless your repair work is perfect, you might not get a good result.

i was going to try Fairmont plating on the south side as they have been in buisness for a long time and seem to do more restoration work as compared to Supreme that seems to be just a plating shop. haven't got around to getting there as i am contemplating just buying a new bumper instead from the states.

so that is my take on the platers in Edmonton, but it is only an opinion as i have not got any work done by either one. i would give Fairmont a call, expalin what you want done and see what their response is. the prep work is what makes or breaks a good chrome job.

rgds
Mike

Old 03-12-2009, 06:45 PM
wlittle
Senior User
Fairmont Plating

I have had a few things plated at Fairmont and they turned out good. I got radius arms, motor mounts and gas tank straps done, and did no prep at all. In fact I was told to not do any prep other than a bit of cleaning, as they do the prep work. I found their prices reasonable too, I think it cost me $600 for everything. Hope this helps.

Old 04-29-2009, 10:58 PM
red403
Junior User
Anyone know of any other places in southern alberta that do a good job?

Old 10-27-2010, 11:59 PM
Teabag
Trailering
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I took an old rusty bumper to western hard chrome plating ltd in edmonton and they did a superb job. They polished the metal before they chrome it and when i got it back i didn't expect such a mirror like smooth finish. I was greatly pleased with their work. They moslty specialize in industrial part electro plating so thier plating is really durable.

Old 12-31-2010, 02:04 AM
kiradana
New User
how many items done over the years at supreme plating even plastic repaired, awesome job every time, great price. Dealt with a guy named GARY, AWESOME EXPERIENCE