Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Canadian National Chapter > Alberta Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Alberta Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-27-2009, 07:43 PM
Senior User

55 Merc M-100 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Best place in Edmonton to get chrome work done

I'm looking for a good place in Edmonton to get a 55 grille done in chrome. There are holes in the grille that need to be repaired as well since there were the gull wings on it before and I don't want to put them back on. Anyone happy with work they have had done, let me know where. Thanks
12 Ram 3500HD Longhorn, 10 Montana Big Sky 365REQ
12 Mercedes ML350, 11 CanAm Spyder RT Ltd
11 CanAm Commander 800 Ltd
Old 02-10-2009, 11:19 AM
Elder User

mcdonaldm is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Wadson'd Hot Rod shop recommended Supreme Plating on 127th st just north of Yellowhead to me as they use them for all their chrome work.

i went there with my bumpers off a 60 f100 as i wanted them rechromed and i had welded up the holes and added studs for that smooth look. when i went there they said they can't guarantee that the chroming would turnout smooth due to the weld repair, so i got the impression that they don't do much prep work or smoothing of the parts before chroming so unless your repair work is perfect, you might not get a good result.

i was going to try Fairmont plating on the south side as they have been in buisness for a long time and seem to do more restoration work as compared to Supreme that seems to be just a plating shop. haven't got around to getting there as i am contemplating just buying a new bumper instead from the states.

so that is my take on the platers in Edmonton, but it is only an opinion as i have not got any work done by either one. i would give Fairmont a call, expalin what you want done and see what their response is. the prep work is what makes or breaks a good chrome job.

rgds
Mike
Old 03-12-2009, 06:45 PM
Junior User

wlittle is starting off with a positive reputation.
Fairmont Plating

I have had a few things plated at Fairmont and they turned out good. I got radius arms, motor mounts and gas tank straps done, and did no prep at all. In fact I was told to not do any prep other than a bit of cleaning, as they do the prep work. I found their prices reasonable too, I think it cost me $600 for everything. Hope this helps.
Old 04-29-2009, 10:58 PM
Junior User

red403 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Anyone know of any other places in southern alberta that do a good job?
Old 10-27-2010, 11:59 PM
New User

Teabag is starting off with a positive reputation.
I took an old rusty bumper to western hard chrome plating ltd in edmonton and they did a superb job. They polished the metal before they chrome it and when i got it back i didn't expect such a mirror like smooth finish. I was greatly pleased with their work. They moslty specialize in industrial part electro plating so thier plating is really durable.
Old 12-31-2010, 02:04 AM
New User

kiradana is starting off with a positive reputation.
how many items done over the years at supreme plating even plastic repaired, awesome job every time, great price. Dealt with a guy named GARY, AWESOME EXPERIENCE
Old 12-31-2010, 02:04 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Canadian National Chapter > Alberta Chapter

Tags
ab, chrome, edmonton, electroplating, fairmont, ford, place, places, plating, president, rechromed, rod, shop, supreme, visit, wadsons, work