West Virginia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: 5_labsownus

Waaaaaaay Northern Guy!

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 05:37 PM
67 White Lightning
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do you guys ever meet up to bench race, wheel or just to bs?

Old 01-30-2009, 05:54 PM
msgtg
Post Fiend
It's a bit tough for me...unless you give me a full day's headstart but I'd bet you could entice a couple of the Fairmont guys to meet for a meal!
Joe

Old 01-30-2009, 06:06 PM
67 White Lightning
Freshman User
That's an idea, I don't know alot of people here been chattin with EMD driver though. Always looking for truck buddies though. It'd be great to have a big shindig where we all got together over summer or something?

Old 01-30-2009, 06:27 PM
Dave Sponaugle
Post Fiend

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
We did a meet of the state chapter twice.

First one Mike, the original leader and Rod and myself met up with the Georgia chapter leader here on vacation down at Summersville for food and fun.
Yes, we had three people from the WV chapter with three trucks, plus Michelle from Georgia with her family.

Two years ago we had another get together down at Hinton with about 10 trucks, lots of fun with a potato gun and food.
To far south for most of the members I guess, I went and had fun even with the long drive.

Last year, everyone went to Carlisle Pa. to the All Truck Nationals, more people and more fun from what I hear, I did not make that one.

Old 01-30-2009, 06:31 PM
msgtg
Post Fiend
Yeah, if I was you, I'd keep Carlisle in mind. That's the "All Truck Nationals". It was my first trip...but certainly not my last.

We had a bunch of guys from all over at that one...We had a big tent and it was an all weekend truck party!

Joe

Old 02-06-2009, 11:55 AM
Archion
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
There is nothing at all wrong with living up "North" as you put it...

BTW 67 White Lightning, SEMPER FI, my brutha from another *****!!

Old 02-06-2009, 09:33 PM
67 White Lightning
Freshman User
Re Semper Fi

Originally Posted by Archion
There is nothing at all wrong with living up "North" as you put it...

BTW 67 White Lightning, SEMPER FI, my brutha from another *****!!
Semper Fi to you my brother of Uncle Sam's Misguided Children. Nice to know there's others from my area besides just me and EMD driver on here.

Old 02-25-2009, 07:32 PM
Kanyonkitty
Junior User
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
OK, I'm the new girl here, is this a "guys only place " ??. I live right outside of Martinsburg. I have a 2005 F-350 PSD, CC, 4x4, Lariat, shortbed, 8" wheels medium Wedgewood Blue over silver. How I wound up on this site was a post I put in RV.Net asking about Continental Tires, and one fella "Ace" said to check out this site. I purchased my truck brand new in April '05, it currently has almost 56K on it and the original tires. Thinking I'll be needing tires sometime in the near future, I asked about otheres experience with Continental tires. I'm sure I will get at least 60K out of mine, but trying to investigate my options. I am quite please with the Conties, but just checking other options. My truck is primarily a "tow" wehicle as I have a 27' Sunline travel trailer, then it is my errand runner. I don't have to drive it to work as I drive a bus for Berkeley County and I keep my bus at home. So, if you see a blue F-350 that says "Kittys F-350" on the tailgate, that be me. Since I'm divorced, I am lucky that a mechanic at work services my truck for me. Not sure I'll be very active with this group as I am quite busy with Fast Friends Greyhound Rescue, and my Sunline RV group.

Thanks for letting me join your group,

Kitty

Old 02-25-2009, 08:45 PM
EMD_DRIVER
More Turbo

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Kanyonkitty
OK, I'm the new girl here, is this a "guys only place " ??. I live right outside of Martinsburg. I have a 2005 F-350 PSD, CC, 4x4, Lariat, shortbed, 8" wheels medium Wedgewood Blue over silver.
Welcome Kitty!
I just moved from Gerrardstown in October. I now live between Martinsburg and Inwood. Most of the guys here are IDI owners, but you are more than welcome!

How I wound up on this site was a post I put in RV.Net asking about Continental Tires, and one fella "Ace" said to check out this site. I purchased my truck brand new in April '05, it currently has almost 56K on it and the original tires. Thinking I'll be needing tires sometime in the near future, I asked about otheres experience with Continental tires. I'm sure I will get at least 60K out of mine, but trying to investigate my options. I am quite please with the Conties, but just checking other options. My truck is primarily a "tow" wehicle as I have a 27' Sunline travel trailer, then it is my errand runner. I don't have to drive it to work as I drive a bus for Berkeley County and I keep my bus at home.
Once the Goodyears wore out on the S-10 I used to have, I bought some Continentals for it. They ended up lasting me over 70,000 miles. I have Michelins on my F250 now and they seem to be doing quite well. Granted, they only have about 10,000 miles on them..

So, if you see a blue F-350 that says "Kittys F-350" on the tailgate, that be me. Since I'm divorced, I am lucky that a mechanic at work services my truck for me. Not sure I'll be very active with this group as I am quite busy with Fast Friends Greyhound Rescue, and my Sunline RV group.

Thanks for letting me join your group,

Kitty
What bus do you drive? My sister drives one for Frederick county, VA.. I have seen your truck around... Very nice! If you ever see the slow moving train, that goes through Inwood.... It might be me running it.. Give me a wave

Gary

Old 02-25-2009, 09:12 PM
67 White Lightning
Freshman User
Hey welcome

I think I might have seen you or at least your truck up town or around here somewhere. I'm the big green 95 with Haystampede on the tailgate and it's usually covered in mud.

Old 02-25-2009, 09:15 PM
EMD_DRIVER
More Turbo

Originally Posted by 67 White Lightning
I'm the big green 95 with Haystampede on the tailgate and it's usually covered in mud.
I can vouch for that!

Hey Rob... I got the right pedal assembly today and installed it... Ready when you are!

Gary

Old 02-25-2009, 09:48 PM
67 White Lightning
Freshman User
Re ready

Originally Posted by EMD_DRIVER
I can vouch for that!

Hey Rob... I got the right pedal assembly today and installed it... Ready when you are!

Gary
Hey Gary just left you a note in my "mud" post. I've got some stuff to do tomorrow but it will include making room for your truck. I'm looking forward to helping you with your swap.

Old 02-25-2009, 09:53 PM
EMD_DRIVER
More Turbo

Hey Gary just left you a note in my "mud" post. I've got some stuff to do tomorrow but it will include making room for your truck. I'm looking forward to helping you with your swap.

I saw it, but didn't reply to it... It's been a while since I've driven my truck, so I took it for a spin this evening.. Even with the TC shudder, it felt great to be driving it again! Just let me know when you are ready.. Thanks again!

Old 02-25-2009, 09:57 PM
67 White Lightning
Freshman User
I know how you feel, it's only been a couple of days for me and I was jonesen when I drove up to the qtr. car wash today. $40 bucks and 2 hours later my wife and I got her clean again.

Old 02-25-2009, 10:00 PM
EMD_DRIVER
More Turbo

$40 bucks and 2 hours later my wife and I got her clean again.

Just to get her dirty again!!

Quick Reply: Waaaaaaay Northern Guy!