1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

The swap meet gods have been nice to me

Old 01-25-2009, 06:22 PM
51PanelMan
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
The swap meet gods have been nice to me

Went to the first swap meet of the year yesterday in Turlock, CA. Got there about 6:30am and at about Noon time I was heading home with the following items:

Fenders have no rust (one has already been patched and the other doesn't need a patch). The running boards are mostly straight, but do have some holes cut in them, which would be very easy to patch up.

This old tricycle and an old John Deere trailer that goes to the JD pedal tractor (the basket on the bike is rusted through, so the JD trailer will donate itself as a replacement). Hopefully, I'll finish it sometime in the summer for my son's 3rd birthday.

Some miscellaneous collectibles (including an NOS AC filter for the truck, an NOS 51/52 Park lamp assembly, and 8 sets of NOS B.F.Goodrich 26x2.125 bicycle tubes).

More NOS parts. 48-52 F-series door glass (pair), arm rest cover material (with about 10 unused pieces in stock colors), and windshield washer assembly.

And, the biggest purchase of the day (for only $80), a TEXACO letter set that lights up (haven't wired it yet). It also had four extra letters that came with it. Not sure if I'll keep it or not yet. The only place to hang it is in my backyard. It'll go great with my circular Texaco "T" logo that is also in a similar can that lights up.

The best part is that I didn't spend as much as I anticipated and came home with more $$ than expected.

Any of you hit any swap meets yet?

Old 01-25-2009, 06:31 PM
hellbound_redneck
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dang I wish I could have made it down there on friday... To bad I was getting certified with OC spray. I did however send a fender down there that came with my truck but had the larger wheel opening. we will see if it sold or not tomorrow.

Old 01-25-2009, 06:38 PM
havi
I'll have the Roast Duck
Received 44 Likes on 28 Posts
Nice score!!

only swapmeet I've had so far is my snow drifting into the neighbors, and vice versa.

Old 01-25-2009, 07:05 PM
53OlderThanMe
Elder User
Very cool, froze my A$$ off at the first swapmeet in Fort Worth yesterday, 36 degrees. I also got fenders but front, new steel for $260 each. Not as good as your deal.

Old 01-25-2009, 07:23 PM
LEckart
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You did very good!

Old 01-25-2009, 07:28 PM
55 f350
Post Fiend
hades i wish we had a swap meet period around here , nonethe less one with that kind of stuff !!! the only ones here are a couple of times a year , and they are for racing , so most of the people only speak c-v- , and you mention flatheads and they look at you like your crazy .........

Old 01-25-2009, 07:58 PM
4tl8ford
Post Fiend
AnnnnnnnnD He Scooores.

Nice

Old 01-25-2009, 08:49 PM
rtcalabrojr
Darksider

I want the SIGN!!!!!!! That would look killer up on my wall!! Way to go!!!

Old 01-25-2009, 11:27 PM
51PanelMan
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by hellbound_redneck
dang I wish I could have made it down there on friday... To bad I was getting certified with OC spray. I did however send a fender down there that came with my truck but had the larger wheel opening. we will see if it sold or not tomorrow.
I think I saw it. Was it a 48-50 left fender with the inner fender attached? I passed on it because it was an F3 and had rust at the bottom. If it was in slightly better shape, then I probably would have purchased it.

Old 01-26-2009, 11:01 AM
bigblockfordman
Senior User
Nice haul!!............I'm w/Havi.......the only swaps going on up here are on my thermometer -degress to -degrees!

Old 01-26-2009, 11:10 AM
hellbound_redneck
Senior User
Originally Posted by 51PanelMan
I think I saw it. Was it a 48-50 left fender with the inner fender attached? I passed on it because it was an F3 and had rust at the bottom. If it was in slightly better shape, then I probably would have purchased it.

Yep that sounds like it. If it comes back I will probably get rid of the rust on one of these days that you don't want to be outside. I figured I would give it a shot and see if it could find a new home first.

Old 02-02-2009, 01:11 AM
timboy
Junior User
turlock... too late

I went to the turlock swap meet last weekend too. Wasn't able to make it 'til sunday morn though. I was there when the gates opened. It took quite awhile to go through the whole thing. The weather was okay but more chilly than I expected. Many of the vendors were sitting by a fire or heater of some sort. I was looking for a 10 spline slip yoke for the flathead top loader trans I bought recently. No luck. When I got out to the big field section,, one third or more of the vendors had left the night before. So I came home with nothing to show for my trip but some shivers. The heater in my truck felt really good.

Old 02-02-2009, 12:38 PM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Received 2,051 Likes on 802 Posts
Originally Posted by timboy
I went to the turlock swap meet last weekend too. Wasn't able to make it 'til sunday morn though. I was there when the gates opened. It took quite awhile to go through the whole thing. The weather was okay but more chilly than I expected. Many of the vendors were sitting by a fire or heater of some sort. I was looking for a 10 spline slip yoke for the flathead top loader trans I bought recently. No luck. When I got out to the big field section,, one third or more of the vendors had left the night before. So I came home with nothing to show for my trip but some shivers. The heater in my truck felt really good.

Search this Thread