Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-25-2009, 06:22 PM
Post Fiend

51PanelMan has a great reputation on FTE.51PanelMan has a great reputation on FTE.51PanelMan has a great reputation on FTE.51PanelMan has a great reputation on FTE.51PanelMan has a great reputation on FTE.51PanelMan has a great reputation on FTE.
The swap meet gods have been nice to me

Went to the first swap meet of the year yesterday in Turlock, CA. Got there about 6:30am and at about Noon time I was heading home with the following items:

Fenders have no rust (one has already been patched and the other doesn't need a patch). The running boards are mostly straight, but do have some holes cut in them, which would be very easy to patch up.
Click the image to open in full size.

This old tricycle and an old John Deere trailer that goes to the JD pedal tractor (the basket on the bike is rusted through, so the JD trailer will donate itself as a replacement). Hopefully, I'll finish it sometime in the summer for my son's 3rd birthday.

Some miscellaneous collectibles (including an NOS AC filter for the truck, an NOS 51/52 Park lamp assembly, and 8 sets of NOS B.F.Goodrich 26x2.125 bicycle tubes).

More NOS parts. 48-52 F-series door glass (pair), arm rest cover material (with about 10 unused pieces in stock colors), and windshield washer assembly.

And, the biggest purchase of the day (for only $80), a TEXACO letter set that lights up (haven't wired it yet). It also had four extra letters that came with it. Not sure if I'll keep it or not yet. The only place to hang it is in my backyard. It'll go great with my circular Texaco "T" logo that is also in a similar can that lights up.

The best part is that I didn't spend as much as I anticipated and came home with more $$ than expected.

Any of you hit any swap meets yet?
...and way too many Bonus Built/Economy Built parts...
-----------------------------------------------------------
Old 01-25-2009, 06:31 PM
Senior User

hellbound_redneck is starting off with a positive reputation.
dang I wish I could have made it down there on friday... To bad I was getting certified with OC spray. I did however send a fender down there that came with my truck but had the larger wheel opening. we will see if it sold or not tomorrow.
Old 01-25-2009, 06:38 PM
I'll have the Roast Duck

havi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to all
Havi Ina Ford
Nice score!!

only swapmeet I've had so far is my snow drifting into the neighbors, and vice versa.
The rest are just average.
Old 01-25-2009, 07:05 PM
Elder User

53OlderThanMe is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Very cool, froze my A$$ off at the first swapmeet in Fort Worth yesterday, 36 degrees. I also got fenders but front, new steel for $260 each. Not as good as your deal.

Check out my progress at www.vassh.com
Old 01-25-2009, 07:23 PM
Posting Guru

LEckart is starting off with a positive reputation.
You did very good!
Old 01-25-2009, 07:28 PM
Post Fiend

55 f350 has a great reputation on FTE.55 f350 has a great reputation on FTE.55 f350 has a great reputation on FTE.55 f350 has a great reputation on FTE.55 f350 has a great reputation on FTE.
hades i wish we had a swap meet period around here , nonethe less one with that kind of stuff !!! the only ones here are a couple of times a year , and they are for racing , so most of the people only speak c-v- , and you mention flatheads and they look at you like your crazy .........
that's because were all opinionated bullcrap artists looking for somewhere to espout our views and show the world how much we { don't } know especially to newcomers. were on a mission to impress you and make you believe we are all knowing ! P.A.D.D = project attention deficit disorder . everyone on here has it , and is an enabler !!!! so enter at your own risk !!!!!!!!!!! if you don't have 2 or 3 broken fords / projects , then you just ain't right !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-25-2009, 07:58 PM
Post Fiend

4tl8ford is a name known to all4tl8ford is a name known to all4tl8ford is a name known to all4tl8ford is a name known to all4tl8ford is a name known to all4tl8ford is a name known to all
AnnnnnnnnD He Scooores.

Nice
1952 Ford F2x2 (Non-Stock Flat 6)
1997 Ford Explorer
Every Thing I've Ever Said Is A Lie
Old 01-25-2009, 08:49 PM
Darksider

rtcalabrojr is starting off with a positive reputation.
I want the SIGN!!!!!!! That would look killer up on my wall!! Way to go!!!

1955 F100
351c/c6 8.8 3:73 posi MII airbags
I smell cookies! click to check out the truck
http://s919.photobucket.com/albums/ad37/rtcalabrojr/
Old 01-25-2009, 11:27 PM
Post Fiend

51PanelMan has a great reputation on FTE.51PanelMan has a great reputation on FTE.51PanelMan has a great reputation on FTE.51PanelMan has a great reputation on FTE.51PanelMan has a great reputation on FTE.51PanelMan has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellbound_redneck View Post
dang I wish I could have made it down there on friday... To bad I was getting certified with OC spray. I did however send a fender down there that came with my truck but had the larger wheel opening. we will see if it sold or not tomorrow.
I think I saw it. Was it a 48-50 left fender with the inner fender attached? I passed on it because it was an F3 and had rust at the bottom. If it was in slightly better shape, then I probably would have purchased it.
...and way too many Bonus Built/Economy Built parts...
-----------------------------------------------------------
Old 01-26-2009, 11:01 AM
Senior User

bigblockfordman is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Nice haul!!............I'm w/Havi.......the only swaps going on up here are on my thermometer -degress to -degrees!
Old 01-26-2009, 11:10 AM
Senior User

hellbound_redneck is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 51PanelMan View Post
I think I saw it. Was it a 48-50 left fender with the inner fender attached? I passed on it because it was an F3 and had rust at the bottom. If it was in slightly better shape, then I probably would have purchased it.

Yep that sounds like it. If it comes back I will probably get rid of the rust on one of these days that you don't want to be outside. I figured I would give it a shot and see if it could find a new home first.
Old 02-02-2009, 01:11 AM
Junior User

timboy is starting off with a positive reputation.
turlock... too late

I went to the turlock swap meet last weekend too. Wasn't able to make it 'til sunday morn though. I was there when the gates opened. It took quite awhile to go through the whole thing. The weather was okay but more chilly than I expected. Many of the vendors were sitting by a fire or heater of some sort. I was looking for a 10 spline slip yoke for the flathead top loader trans I bought recently. No luck. When I got out to the big field section,, one third or more of the vendors had left the night before. So I came home with nothing to show for my trip but some shivers. The heater in my truck felt really good.
Old 02-02-2009, 12:38 PM
Post Fiend

bobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by timboy View Post
I went to the turlock swap meet last weekend too. Wasn't able to make it 'til sunday morn though. I was there when the gates opened. It took quite awhile to go through the whole thing. The weather was okay but more chilly than I expected. Many of the vendors were sitting by a fire or heater of some sort. I was looking for a 10 spline slip yoke for the flathead top loader trans I bought recently. No luck. When I got out to the big field section,, one third or more of the vendors had left the night before. So I came home with nothing to show for my trip but some shivers. The heater in my truck felt really good.
48/51 F-4 flatbed (2 in 1)/49 8N tractor

www.fatfenderedtrucks.com

Old 02-02-2009, 12:38 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks