1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Update on my enemy%@#

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 10:12 AM
big job
Fleet Mechanic
Received 37 Likes on 24 Posts
Update on my enemy%@#

Some have been following my enemy, the wipers. We had a heat waveFriday like 28* , so I put an electric space heater in the cab and attacked.The only way is to remove the instrument panel (2hr) now remove thedefroster duct (all day) you just cant get a wrench up there but I did. Nowthere is that demonic thing. (this is the left side) Autopsy finding. Leftarm from motor to pivot all bent up. No science needed, simply my oldestsmart alic turned them on while frozen in the last storm. Study parts bookphotos - put in vise try, tweek again try again. Perfect Im writing this foranyone with wiper problems. #1 the motor has tremendous torque and icedup the rod links will bend They have to be an exact length or they will slapbang go over center and lock up. Now perfect time for a new throttlecable. I also arranged some new photos in the photo gallery. More snowcomming and I'm ready more checks comming whahoo

Old 01-25-2009, 11:23 AM
Julies Cool F1
Post Fiend
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Wow I looked in your gallery and I love that truck!

It has been so well maintained!!!!!

Just a stupid question: do you have electric wipers or vacuum?

J!

Old 01-25-2009, 11:53 AM
homade
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just love to see these old trucks doing what Henry built them to do and yours look great doing it, keep up the good work.

Old 01-25-2009, 12:59 PM
WALFORD'S 56
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That is what Ford mean't to do--keep their trucks working as long as possible....and you are a poster-child for this!! I LOVE IT!! KEEP ON TRUCKIN' is not just a slogan, but a way of life!!
I use my trucks,too. But you are an inspiration to ALL people that think they need to use a NEW truck to haul a car,move a trailer,or any truck deed.
Bill

Old 01-27-2009, 12:18 PM
big job
Fleet Mechanic
Received 37 Likes on 24 Posts
My internet & phone has been down (they put new modem in) I want to thank you
all for the nice comments . tomorrow another storm (wed) at this time I just went
out and soaked these trucks with diesel (the gallon sprayer) This is how these things
are here, my father instilled on soaking them, thats why the bottoms are black, and
dont worry if it gets on the paint. Diesel is like old time Kenite polish, shine like hell for
a day. Now I shall Wm Joe down. thanks again. (more photos to follow) Sam