Hey I was wondering if the 1994 IDI turbo diesels were very good motors, like realiability and around the average miles they useually last if treated good, also was wondering about the automatics in them years to, and some of the commen problems the engine and tranny had Thanks
1. Yes these motors are extremely good, in my opinion the best Ford diesels as a far as realiability is concerned.
I've heard of several of these motors lasting into the 500K range, but they were 6.9's not the 7.3's which can last just as long IF the SCA level was maintained in the antifreeze to combat cavitation.
The only 2 autos offered were the C6 (83-88) and the E4OD (89-94.5).
Common problems are def hard to start due to air intrusion caused by old return line O rings and caps. GP issues (only buy motorcraft GP's, thats a long story), and well thats about I can think of at the moment.
1999 F250 7.3 ZF6 4x4 3.73's 200k miles
1997 F250 7.3 ZF5 2wd 4.10 430K miles Dr. Ron Paul 2012!!
noun 1. a comparatively small and powerful engine, esp. an internal-combustion engine in an automobile , motorboat, or the like.
2. any self-powered vehicle.
3. a person or thing that imparts motion, esp. a contrivance, as a steam engine, that receives and modifies energy from some natural source in order to utilize it in driving machinery.
4. Also called electric motor. Electricity. a machine that converts electrical energy into mechanical energy, as an induction motor.
1. a machine for converting thermal energy into mechanical energy or power to produce force and motion.
2. a railroad locomotive.
3. a fire engine.
4. any mechanical contrivance.
5. a machine or instrument used in warfare, as a battering ram, catapult, or piece of artillery.
7. eat crow , Informal. to be forced to admit to having made a mistake, as by retracting an emphatic statement; suffer humiliation: His prediction was completely wrong, and he had to eat crow.
"Stolen from a previous post by FTE Ken"
93 F One Fiddy- 5.0/AOD/3.55 315K OEM
93 F Two Fiddy Scab- 7.3/ZF5/3.55/Sidewinder II,94 Turbo pump,BB Inj's, Velvet Ride, Ride Rite Rear, Turbo Bumper, Alcoa's
85 F Two Fiddy-6.9/C6/3.54/ Holley Red, Racor, Soup Bowl,AutoJet 3",Ride Rite Rear
1 : the act of refusing or denying
2 : the opportunity or right of refusing or taking before others
Sorry, but my comment stems from years of brainwashing from a guy that rebuilt aircraft ENGINE's. Everytime I said motor in reference to my H300's (its a helicopter) engine he would give me a 5 minute verbal lashing which everyone in the class loved. Did it make me a better pilot....no but I do still remember that......
Anyway, since I am **** retentive (NEVER been accused of that before!) the difference is: a motor converts electrical energy to mechanical energy, and an engine converts chemical or heat energy into mecheanical energy.
fonefiddy, my questions to you are: Is the starter a motor or an engine? Is it still rediculously cold up there? Its a balmly +55F here right now....lol
But who wants to be precise while talking on a internet forum anyway......lol
2003 F350 6.0 Lariat Crewcab 4x4 SRW X-Code Front Springs Currently running 285/75 16's BFG AT's, High Idle Mod, Cabela's Seat Covers and Hella 500's
This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. Ford® is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.