Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > North Dakota Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

North Dakota Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: hav24wheel

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-24-2009, 07:57 PM
Posting Guru

unrulee is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.unrulee is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Got some work done on the 79 today

Well I finally got my new rear plastic tank in after removing the extremely rusty stocker that was plugging my carb even with 2 fuel filters on it. Easy fix and highly recommended .
Click the image to open in full size.

I also put 4 degree shims under the rear axle to get my pinion angle back to somewhere tolerable. After the shackle flip last year I wasn't sure how the d-shaft angle would be....well it was a little to much. Off the line in good traction situations you could feel the rear u-joint binding slightly. After putting the shims in "backwards" and going for a test drive tonight I'm happy to report that all is well . And yes I did repair the vent line that tore off during the RTI session!

Got a little forklift RTI in as well . This time on the front and I didn't chicken out. If I pushed a little on the box the back tire would leave the ground ! I think the shock was topped out . Makes for good pics (but always more impressive in person).

Rotated tires as well, yeah I know pretty boring .

More to come on Sunday.......I hate/love working harder on the weekends than I do all week !

Join the ND Chapter - CLICK HERE!!!

1979 F250 Ranger, lots of goodies
2005 F250 PSD, work in progress...
Old 01-25-2009, 12:52 AM
Postmaster

nobodyspecial has much to be proud ofnobodyspecial has much to be proud ofnobodyspecial has much to be proud ofnobodyspecial has much to be proud ofnobodyspecial has much to be proud ofnobodyspecial has much to be proud ofnobodyspecial has much to be proud ofnobodyspecial has much to be proud ofnobodyspecial has much to be proud of
Nice looking truck, bud. I want to get to work on our trucks, but its too freakin cold! even in the shop!
Old 01-26-2009, 01:51 AM
Posting Guru

884x4broncoII is starting off with a positive reputation.
looks like fun i havent had much time to work on anything with this cold, i cant wait for spring
extened cab long box
superchips max tuner
6637 filter
no kitty
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1.../newsig2-1.jpg
Old 01-26-2009, 10:32 AM
FTE Chapter Leader

hav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputation
you didn't get much done at all this weekend.. lol. I need to do a gas tank swap on my pickup too, a fuel filter only lasts about 50 hours on the ticker.. i had a busy weekend. i got my shop warmed up, and started a new project. i'm doing a swap for a freind... he is having me swap all the axles and motor trans and tcase out of a 85ish bronco into a 85ish ranger... the bronco had a SAS on the front already.. i'm doing a writeup over on FSB if your interested. FullSizeBronco.com - 78 - 96 Ford Bronco forums, tech, installs and more.

What kind of shim did you use(whats it made of)?
and did you fix that broke rear breather hose that is visable in that one pic?
Old 01-26-2009, 06:28 PM
Posting Guru

unrulee is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.unrulee is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I dealt with that rusty tank ever since I bought the truck in '00. I ran two fuel filters and the carb would still eventually plug up with red grit. When I put the Holley on I quit using the rear tank all together. So I'm finally back to two tanks. I'll never have to worry about contaminated fuel again since both tanks are plastic.

I know exactly why your asking what the shims are made of. Hold tight, they're aluminum . I wasn't sure on the angle to get (6 degree or 4 degree), went with 4's and they work. I ordered the shims form BGY thinking that they'ed be steel, ha boy was I wrong. So I figured rather than mess around with the hassle of returning them (they were only $15) I'd just put them in temporarly to see if they were the right angle. Now I need to find some STEEL ones to replace 'em. You got any leads (local would be nice)???

Yeah I fixed the breather the same day (I did mention that in the picture caption ). Thanks for pointing it out anyway.

Join the ND Chapter - CLICK HERE!!!

1979 F250 Ranger, lots of goodies
2005 F250 PSD, work in progress...
Old 01-27-2009, 05:11 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

hav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputation
i tried to edit my post after i reread your original one. i missed it the first time.. must have been lookiing at the pics too much. lol. i can't remember where i saw some steal shims... but i'll let you know if i find them again.
Old 01-27-2009, 05:11 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > North Dakota Chapter