Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Montana Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Montana Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: jredline1984

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-19-2008, 06:09 PM
Super Moderator

glruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputation
Question Is the Montana chapter DEAD?

What's this, there are no live members in the Montana chapter?

What's happened to the Montana chapter, formerly High Plains?

No one interested in having a chapter?

I AM TOTALLY EXHAUSTIPATED!
Old 11-17-2008, 12:54 AM
NotSoGrouchyOleFTE'er

Fordlover55 is a splendid one to beholdFordlover55 is a splendid one to beholdFordlover55 is a splendid one to beholdFordlover55 is a splendid one to beholdFordlover55 is a splendid one to beholdFordlover55 is a splendid one to beholdFordlover55 is a splendid one to behold
Not this time around. We'd actualy need four chapters for montana. A Northwest Mt Chapter, Eastern, Southeastern and South western.

But interest still appears to be zilch.

Dick
'99 NASCAR Edition F-150-4X4
John 3:16
Old 12-01-2008, 05:49 AM
Super Moderator

glruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputation
That's exactly why MT needs a leader.

Old 01-22-2009, 03:24 PM
Super Moderator

Hello, anybody home???????

Old 01-22-2009, 11:28 PM
Elder User

ShamelessMT is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Yep, but nobody cares. Obviously.

Old 01-23-2009, 09:36 AM
Super Moderator

How about you volunteering to lead the MT chapter back to its former glory?

Old 01-23-2009, 10:20 AM
Elder User

The MT chapter has never had its day in the sun. If you hadn't noticed, until recently we've been part of the High Plains chapter for the last who knows how many years.

I don't really want the job, as this place is a ghost town and I really don't want to invest tons of time trying to recruit people to participate. This is too big of an area to cover with too little population. It'd be almost impossible to get the state to come together as one. Especially when no one cares.

I know that you're probably anxious to get rid of the job, and I feel for you, but I'm sure you still have no takers.

Old 01-23-2009, 11:18 AM
Super Moderator

Hopefully not all MT peeps share you sentiments and someone will be up to the challenge.

The regional mods and other chapter leaders are here to help with whatever may be asked of the cl.

Your not saying that the MT chapter should be removed from FTE are you?

Old 01-23-2009, 12:32 PM
Elder User

I'm not certain, but I think that might be a valid option. I looked at the member list earlier and of the 125 or so members who logged in within the last month, maybe half of those are active (actually post occasionally). With those few members scattered as far as 800 miles apart (Alzada to Troy is 794 miles), it's hard for there to be one cohesive group. For example, most chapters have a fair amount of activity on the buy/sell/trade thread, but ours hasn't seen any action since 2005. Furthermore, our chapter has a whopping 22 threads in the last year (that's less than one every two weeks).

I think you'd be hard pressed to find members who will want to participate in the MT chapter, nonetheless be the leader, but I could be wrong.

Heck, if our conversation here draws any comments I'd be surprised.

I'd love to see something come out of this and for some people to get interested. I'd even be willing to take on the responsibility of cl, if only some people would speak up and show that they're interested. However, I'm not going to be cl just so I can post threads that no one responds to. Nobody wants to lead a group where they're the only interested party.

Old 01-24-2009, 05:29 PM
Super Moderator

Question Is the Montana chapter DEAD?

So what would your suggestions be to get the members to come and post in the chapter?

Old 02-01-2009, 10:16 PM
Elder User

Ok, so there you go. One week and a whopping 26 views with no posts. That'll explain a lot. I wish I had an answer, but the situation stands. Too many miles between the very few people who come to this site. I don't know that there is an answer. We'd have to break the state into smaller chunks, but we still don't have the population to support that, so t.s..

Old 02-02-2009, 12:17 PM
Super Moderator

Krewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputation
And I'm still a moderator for this forum

Go figure...

George, maybe you can go into the members list, sort by state, and see if you can PM them all?
'97 Cougar XR7 30th Anniv Edition 4.6L
'74 F250 Highboy FE390 deceased!
I've been wrong before, I'll be wrong again. Just wait and see. ®
Old 02-02-2009, 12:20 PM
Super Moderator

Did one even better Art, had a PM sent to all MT members by Admin.

Old 02-03-2009, 10:58 PM
Elder User

I'm guessing that your PM hasn't gone out, seeing that I didn't get one and the fact that the forum views haven't really increased.

Old 02-03-2009, 11:03 PM
Senior User

uofmgriz is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Can a MT native transplanted to TX be in the MT Chapter?? I've got the license plate to prove my worth, although Shameless might disagree.....Tx Plate: MT GRIZ. Sorry shameless...once a Griz...ALWAYS a Griz.
Old 02-03-2009, 11:03 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Montana Chapter