S. California Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Want to get Wheels/Tires (Need Help)

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 03:39 AM
AngeloCosma
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Want to get Wheels/Tires (Need Help)

Hey guys how's everyone. I have a 2007 XLT 2WD Crew Cab F150 and I want to put a level kit on it from 4wheelparts (I live in Orange County in the city of Santa Ana) ( Level Lift Strut Spacer ) and a set of rims, and tires. I need to know if there are better places to shop now. I think there prices are a bit steep but then again I have never bought things like this before. Here are the rims or style of rims I want with the simulated bead locks. ( RGW Black Wheels ) Is 4 wheel parts known for good or high prices. Is there any other online or actual stores any of you guys would recommend me going to? Thanks for all the help.

If any of you guys know of a local place that has some good deals or ar familiar with a good online place I will gladly take a look

PS I also posted this in the 04-08 F150 section but I figured I would get better answers from the locals here.

Angelo Cosma

Old 01-23-2009, 08:15 AM
Kep4
Jäger
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I purchased the wheels and tires for my truck at America's Tire/Discount Tire. They may also install leveling kits. They offer free lifetime rotation/balancing and free flat repair.

I had the leveling coils installed at Desolate Motorsports: Desolate Motorsports

Old 01-24-2009, 11:54 AM
bpounds
Hotshot
Received 52 Likes on 41 Posts
Angelo, if you are not in too big a hurry, you might wait for the Off Road Expo:
POM - Home Page

They should have a wide selection of wheels and tires on exhibit. Pick out what you like, and if you don't buy them at the show then you can at least Google for the best price. The next show is in March, so not too far out.

4 Wheel Parts has a spotty reputation, but I cannot speak to it personally.

Old 01-27-2009, 10:16 AM
GR$$N$
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
as far as four wheel parts goes, they all do good work,great guys,just really expensive.for your spacer,check ebay or wait for the expo like stated. as far as wheels/tires goes,check americas tire/discount tire,mark's tires in chatsworth if your ever over there,tire pros,etc.doesnt hurt to check them all.i personally wouldnt buy from 4wheel parts because i have ALWAYS found better deals elsewhere