Tennessee Chapter Join Chapter Leader: harleymsn

What is everybody gonna be working on?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 04:44 PM
Ziggy.
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I know this thread is a few weeks old, but figured i'd post anyway....
Looking to move some things around in the engine compartment to clean things up alot and make some more room here in the next week or so.
Before this fall i'm plannin on-
pulling the motor for head studs and forged rods
big oil
DIY hybrid injectors
gt38r turbo
Supporting fuel mods

Lol its going to be a busy summer. But i'm thinking of just waiting a few months and saving the money and doing it all at once while the motors out, I think I should be able to do it all in one week and a weekend.

Old 02-15-2009, 07:50 PM
slammedi'am
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gotta few goodies going to be instore for the JD meet.

thats all i gotta say about that

Old 02-15-2009, 07:57 PM
jdecker88
Post Fiend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just get her ready for the fall pulls and see if you can take on Jason's Dodge . I hope to see her done soon .

Old 02-15-2009, 08:02 PM
Ziggy.
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by jdecker88
Just get her ready for the fall pulls and see if you can take on Jason's Dodge . I hope to see her done soon .
Oh she'll be done before then, in about 2 months or so its going together. I think it wouldnt be a problem to give him a good run, I know he's makin alot of power, but he cant drive it worth a chit so we'll see

Old 02-15-2009, 10:25 PM
jdecker88
Post Fiend

Maybe he'll rip out another transmission or transfer case when your up against him LOL. Hey I plan on going over to Marks at MCN one day this week If you want when you get off work one evening you can ride over there with me.

Old 02-16-2009, 04:01 PM
Ziggy.
Posting Guru
Maybe he'll rip out another transmission or transfer case when your up against him LOL. Hey I plan on going over to Marks at MCN one day this week If you want when you get off work one evening you can ride over there with me.
lol yea I hope. maybe his truck will just blow up I would go man, but i've got some goodies coming in this week-recon cab lights and high torque starter, i think i may go ahead and put my order in for the adrenaline pump, and a reg return too. That way I can go ahead and have that done before the big ones coming up. I'm going to try and push to get them done before ts, but It's going to be real close, I hope I can, the money is tight for it.

Old 02-17-2009, 08:39 AM
jdecker88
Post Fiend

Dang man you are going all out already ain't you. Why are you going with a high Torque starter just because you want to? I hope those recon cab lights go on well, get some experiance with them and we'll do mine . The Adrenaline might be something too good to pass up but if it is the same thing as Joey's Modifed HPOP then it is actually more expensive. YOu have 3 months to get your stuff together heh I think it might a good time to get a loan out for her .

Old 02-17-2009, 03:21 PM
Ziggy.
Posting Guru
Dang man you are going all out already ain't you. Why are you going with a high Torque starter just because you want to? I hope those recon cab lights go on well, get some experiance with them and we'll do mine . The Adrenaline might be something too good to pass up but if it is the same thing as Joey's Modifed HPOP then it is actually more expensive. YOu have 3 months to get your stuff together heh I think it might a good time to get a loan out for her .
haha go big or go home right? Yea I'm going with the high torque just cause I can lol I'm not sure if the adrenaline is the same as his or not, i've got to do some more research and make some calls first.
3 months ought to be close, i'm not putting every single penny i've got into this thing just in case you know? i've got to have some to fall back on, i'm only alotting so much per week or so to it, so far i've got about 3k set aside just for the project, those recon lights and other stuff is out of another budget so its all good. It shouldnt take all that long to do that stuff, but we'll see

Old 02-17-2009, 07:11 PM
jdecker88
Post Fiend

If your good on the starter I would save that 100 bucks and put it towards some supporting mods you know. That isn't really nessassary yet. Get the go fast goodies then work on the other things unless you can't spare the go fast goodies yet. Did you hear back on that 38R yet?

Old 02-17-2009, 07:18 PM
Ziggy.
Posting Guru
Haha well too late on the starter, it just went on the truck lol, I send you a pm on the other site about it.
I sent the guy a pm about the 38r to see if it was still for sale, he said yea, and its got a 1.00 housing, I sent him one back to see if he would take 1100 for it instead of 1200, he hasnt sent one back yet but either way 1100 or 1200 ima get it while the gettins good.

Old 02-17-2009, 07:29 PM
jdecker88
Post Fiend

The 1.00 housing kinda sucks I wonder if you could trade it out for a 1.15 housing and be done with it. I might have to order me one of those starters come friday. Maybe some cab lights as well. Right now I have the Van Turbo, IC Boots, Exhaust Flange, Shocks, springs maybe.

Old 02-17-2009, 07:39 PM
Ziggy.
Posting Guru
I'm going to call acme diesel tomorrow at lunch break at work to see if I could trade it in and see what I get if they would. BTW would that 1.00 fit on a stock turbo? if it would I'll sell it to my cousin brad. From what i've read about 1.00 vs 1.15, i'm just going to go ahead and go with the 1.15 and be done with it like you said.

Old 02-17-2009, 07:43 PM
jdecker88
Post Fiend

Also call up City Diesel over off of Callahan drive they might be able to work with you as well on that. I am not sure since it is a bigger turbo, post it up on the 7.3L forum.

Old 02-17-2009, 07:50 PM
Ziggy.
Posting Guru
Thats right man I forgot about them, I'll ask them if it'll fit the stock too when I call.

Old 02-17-2009, 07:55 PM
jdecker88
Post Fiend

I hope you get it so that way you got the hair dryer to support the DIY sticks.

Quick Reply: What is everybody gonna be working on?