Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-Atlantic Region > West Virginia Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

West Virginia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Archion

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-17-2009, 07:40 PM
Postmaster

1975StroppeBaja is a splendid one to behold1975StroppeBaja is a splendid one to behold1975StroppeBaja is a splendid one to behold1975StroppeBaja is a splendid one to behold1975StroppeBaja is a splendid one to behold1975StroppeBaja is a splendid one to behold
Cold Temps!

Let's hear everyone's low temps fromlast night... It was -12.7F, at around 6am, at my place. My explorer cranked over REAL slow this morning at -6F but she fired up.

Click - My Super Duty Tech Articles
1975 Baja Bronco Project
1984 Ranger 4x4 R.I.P Nov 2007
Old 01-17-2009, 10:11 PM
Elder User

Paul T is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
It was about -5 Saturday morning and the Excursion started right up with no problems. I guess the 20w30 oil I put in her a few weeks back made it easier to turn over. Took a little longer for her to get warm though. Let's here what it was in the hill country.
1988 F150 4x4 Short Bed 300-6
Old 01-17-2009, 11:55 PM
Post Fiend

Dave Sponaugle is a splendid one to beholdDave Sponaugle is a splendid one to beholdDave Sponaugle is a splendid one to beholdDave Sponaugle is a splendid one to beholdDave Sponaugle is a splendid one to beholdDave Sponaugle is a splendid one to beholdDave Sponaugle is a splendid one to behold
We were about -10 as well.
House water froze, Oh joy.

Started snowing a while ago, temp climbed to the low 20's.

"I dig dirt"

FTE Guidelines

FTE Moderator IDI diesel forum

WV Chapter Member
Old 01-18-2009, 12:15 AM
Postmaster

1975StroppeBaja is a splendid one to behold1975StroppeBaja is a splendid one to behold1975StroppeBaja is a splendid one to behold1975StroppeBaja is a splendid one to behold1975StroppeBaja is a splendid one to behold1975StroppeBaja is a splendid one to behold
My sister's water froze in Elkins so I was over there today sorting that out. The town water folks fixed a leak in her setup last summer and in doing so, they removed my Dad's heat tape right where it comes out of the ground. Classic.

Tractor Supply was selling heat tape, electric heaters, and pipe insulation like it was going out of style. Similarly, there were four cars in front of Advance Auto with their hoods up... buying batteries like hotcakes.

I don't remember it being that cold for quite a few years. I'm ready for spring.

Click - My Super Duty Tech Articles
1975 Baja Bronco Project
1984 Ranger 4x4 R.I.P Nov 2007
Old 01-18-2009, 08:33 AM
Posting Guru

5_labsownus has a good reputation on FTE.5_labsownus has a good reputation on FTE.5_labsownus has a good reputation on FTE.
We had -1 the other night in the "bottom".

Rod

This is my RCA dog look!
Old 01-18-2009, 10:15 AM
Post Fiend

Dave Sponaugle is a splendid one to beholdDave Sponaugle is a splendid one to beholdDave Sponaugle is a splendid one to beholdDave Sponaugle is a splendid one to beholdDave Sponaugle is a splendid one to beholdDave Sponaugle is a splendid one to beholdDave Sponaugle is a splendid one to behold
Global warming in action.

"I dig dirt"

FTE Guidelines

WV Chapter Member
Old 01-18-2009, 10:52 AM
Post Fiend

msgtg is a splendid one to beholdmsgtg is a splendid one to beholdmsgtg is a splendid one to beholdmsgtg is a splendid one to beholdmsgtg is a splendid one to beholdmsgtg is a splendid one to beholdmsgtg is a splendid one to beholdmsgtg is a splendid one to behold
And me....I'm over in the 'warm' part of the state! it was at +1! Of course it warmed up into the 20s. It's snowing now...and sometime last night the driveway got wet and froze over. Pipestem Creek is still running...under the ice that has formed. Bluestone Lake this morning was just about frozen all the way across. Probably wasn't thick but it was frozen.

One of the bonuses of tearing down all the trailers in the mobile home park...a plethora of heat tapes that have been bundled together and are sitting over in the work shop. I'd bet I have a dozen!

Stay Warm guys!

Joe

We live in the Land Of The Free...BECAUSE of the Brave! My humble thanks to all Veterans, past and present
Old 01-18-2009, 12:21 PM
Postmaster

Saleenguy has a very good reputation on FTE.Saleenguy has a very good reputation on FTE.Saleenguy has a very good reputation on FTE.Saleenguy has a very good reputation on FTE.
Even down there the weather is getting you folks.

Its been getting colder, and colder here in Kamloops British Columbia each winter, for the past 4 winters.

This year we saw 2 staight weeks of lows each night of -24 to -32.....Its never that cold here for more than maybe 1 or 2 days.

Must be Al Gore and his global warming kicking in.
I am Marty, Official Slackmaster #13.
Also proud to have a great wife, and 2 sometimes wonderful kids.

BC Chapter Member, also Nebraska, SC, NC, Wyoming, Maryland, NY, Mass, Oregon, NH, WI, Sask/Manitoba Chapters because the people are great....I can always join more, so if you want me just invite me.
Old 01-18-2009, 12:44 PM
Super Moderator

glruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputation
On the coast it was ZERO at 7:30am, with a hi of 18

Rest in peace STEVE, STEVEBRICKS, my west coast brother. 08/06/14
Old 01-18-2009, 03:46 PM
Post Fiend

Be patient George, the warm air and snow are on the way to Delaware.

I just got the message I am plowing the mall in the morning.

"I dig dirt"

FTE Guidelines

WV Chapter Member
Old 01-19-2009, 09:25 AM
Post Fiend

msgtg is a splendid one to beholdmsgtg is a splendid one to beholdmsgtg is a splendid one to beholdmsgtg is a splendid one to beholdmsgtg is a splendid one to beholdmsgtg is a splendid one to beholdmsgtg is a splendid one to beholdmsgtg is a splendid one to behold
Hmmmm, initally it was Dave's Dirt Devil...now he's plowing....Dave's Plow Devil just doesn't have the same ring to it. So now I gotta find a more fitting name..........

Joe

We live in the Land Of The Free...BECAUSE of the Brave! My humble thanks to all Veterans, past and present
Old 01-19-2009, 10:19 AM
Elder User

Paul T is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgtg View Post
Hmmmm, initally it was Dave's Dirt Devil...now he's plowing....Dave's Plow Devil just doesn't have the same ring to it. So now I gotta find a more fitting name..........

Joe
How about "Daves smokin snow devil"?
1988 F150 4x4 Short Bed 300-6
Old 01-19-2009, 11:23 AM
Post Fiend

Hmmmm...Paul may be on to sumthin here!

Joe

Old 01-19-2009, 09:46 PM
Post Fiend

Thats OK guys, I have broad shoulders so I can take it.

Well off to bed for me, I have to go terrorize the ladies at the mall in the morning with belching black smoke and flying snow.

"I dig dirt"

FTE Guidelines

WV Chapter Member
Old 01-20-2009, 08:22 AM
Post Fiend

Awww, them girls love ya and you know it! If you didn't plow they'd get snow in their dainty little shoesies!

LMAO...Joe

Old 01-20-2009, 08:22 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-Atlantic Region > West Virginia Chapter

Tags
cold, ranger, temps, truck