Ohio Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: RUNVS

Anybody want a new car/truck?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 10:21 AM
WALFORD'S 56
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Anybody want a new car/truck?

My wife is considering a new car. Anyone out there looking around for a new car or truck?
I like the new ''challenger'' from Dodge,and have driven a few. We really do not need a Hemi, but I want one...haha
She is leaning toward the v6 and price is around 21,000 bucks.
Not bad for a hemi-look alike. And,20 plus mpgs.

I have enough trucks for 5 families,so no more new trucks for a while.....anyone looking too?
Bill/thanks

Old 01-17-2009, 08:45 AM
dave boley
Posting Guru
Hi Bill,
The Challenger may well be the saving grace for Chrysler. Or should I say what will be left of it. A lot of law enforcement is going with the Hemi Challengers. If the OHP does it will be a big hit on Ford who has been supplying the CV's to them forever. The OHP is one of the biggest highway patrol systems in the country. Around here local police and sheriff departments are using Challengers now.

I can't say I have any personal desire for Chrysler products but then again I don't have anything against them. It's just sort of a neutral point with me. Until the last few years I had not had a car. I always had trucks and vans. Still do... With fuel costs rising, I bought two Taurus program cars that were less than a year old with about 13K on them. It was the best move I ever made. The things ride nice and get great mileage. They were the model being built when they stopped making them in 2007. I know they make Taurus's now but they are what was the 500. By all indications I think that is a good car but I like the previous incarnation because it was a lot less technically intensive that is the current Taurus. For one thing I am not a fan of the fly-by-wire throttle control systems now common. Every one I have ever driven is not accurately responsive to the foot. Another reason I like the last generation is the simplicity. That little 3.0 V6 does a great job of getting the car down the road and it is a relatively simple car to work on. I know od a number of these cars that are pushing 250K+ and are still running well with little cost of up keep. Being a long time truck guy I am really amazed at how well I like the Taurus's. With limited amount of mileage we put on these car and at our age I doubt we will ever need another car. The Taurus my wife has spends weeks at atime in the garage under a car cover and it only has 18K on it now. She drives mine a lot because it is outside and ready to roll. Of course there is always the chance of loosing one through an accident.

What ever you get remember it is for your wife and she as to be the one that is happy with it. Although I am a Ford guy I do think everybody should have what they want and be satisfied with it. I know from past experience that yor can have bad luck with anything no matter who makes it. SDo with that in mind all I can asy is good luck with whatever you get.

Later Man...

Old 01-17-2009, 09:43 AM
WALFORD'S 56
Postmaster
Dave,thanks for the reply.
I like ALL car companies and have had over 200 vehicles. I am really a mopar-man and it must show. I do like my 53 and 56 ford trucks. I am always looking for resale value,and my safari van I had before was sold last year by a neighbor that knocked on my door and wanted it ,because I keep such good care of everything. I made a great amount of extra money on that van.
I love muscle cars and my best-friend owns a Dodge dealership,and is always complaining that I need to but a new dodge.
We spent some time together in Florida,and his hemi-charger (new) kicked butt. I really like the challenger because it LOOKS like a challenger.
The v6 will be fine and the cost to me is 5000 bucks less,because of my friendship.
Soon as weather warms up......vroom vroom.....ah crap---more like hhhmm hhmmm with the v6.....LOL
Bill

Old 01-17-2009, 02:21 PM
Mustang6147
Posting Guru
We are buying the new Camaro. That is my families deviding line. My wife has had a Z28 since her first car. She also has a vette, and a Bengals fan.

I will always own Fords. Her chevy's have been on the wagon behind my Ford alot. hahahaah Daughters Z also.

I told them I will always buy a Ford that way I can always head out to get them when they are dead.

Old 01-17-2009, 04:48 PM
dave boley
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Mustang6147
We are buying the new Camaro. That is my families deviding line. My wife has had a Z28 since her first car. She also has a vette, and a Bengals fan.

I will always own Fords. Her chevy's have been on the wagon behind my Ford alot. hahahaah Daughters Z also.

I told them I will always buy a Ford that way I can always head out to get them when they are dead.

Hey Mustang,
I always cheer them up by telling them 9 out of 10 Chevys are still on the road, the, rest made it home...

Old 01-17-2009, 06:20 PM
WALFORD'S 56
Postmaster
Folks miss out on good vehicles by being a ''ford only''/ chevy only/ dodge only/ import only/ type of buyer. My Uncle thinks only Ford,and so does a friend of mine.....AND I have other associates the same way and love chevies and won't look at anything else. My Dodge dealer buddy loves mopar....and that is his living.
I buy anything that suits my needs and I can make money on.....or is a old car with extreme low miles and real nice....too nice to pass up.
I have had corvettes/studes/f100s/pintos/vegas/and roadrunners/and all of them fit the bill at the time.
I don't see anything by Ford for us....except the super-snake by C.Shelby and Ford....haha!!!
Chevy.....the same way.....except new corvette.......and the Challenger seems to be a compromise for me and my wife. I get a challenger....and she gets a new car.......Bill

Old 01-17-2009, 07:14 PM
dave boley
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by WALFORD'S 56
Folks miss out on good vehicles by being a ''ford only''/ chevy only/ dodge only/ import only/ type of buyer. My Uncle thinks only Ford,and so does a friend of mine.....AND I have other associates the same way and love chevies and won't look at anything else. My Dodge dealer buddy loves mopar....and that is his living.
I buy anything that suits my needs and I can make money on.....or is a old car with extreme low miles and real nice....too nice to pass up.
I have had corvettes/studes/f100s/pintos/vegas/and roadrunners/and all of them fit the bill at the time.
I don't see anything by Ford for us....except the super-snake by C.Shelby and Ford....haha!!!
Chevy.....the same way.....except new corvette.......and the Challenger seems to be a compromise for me and my wife. I get a challenger....and she gets a new car.......Bill
I have the same feelings but I lean toward Ford because they suite me. There is just something that makes them right for me. Colud be it's knowledge of the product, I don't know....

Later Man...

Old 01-17-2009, 07:46 PM
Mustang6147
Posting Guru
A time not to long ago, I had a Chevy van along with my 41 plymouth and my Mustang I drag race. I boasted that I had all 3 US auto mfg represented.

Then at 186000 my Small block chevy started dropping cylinders.

I donated my 87 crown vic with 368000 miles and it is still running. original engine and trans. I was excited to see it traveling down rt 18 in
Medina. It was sad day when I decided to donate it. That was the car that tought 3 of my 4 kids to drive in.

Then they (oldest 3 kids) where upset because I tought the last 1 to drive in my Super Duty hahaah.

My point is, I have had best luck with my Fords. The rest just dont work out for me.

Old 01-17-2009, 09:57 PM
bmuhlbach
Cargo Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I buy any AMerican car but really like the Fords Mercury Lincohn the tausas for 2010 is nice looking they just look better every year Fusions good looks.My wife has a Jeep Wrangler.I have good luck with my Fords.

Old 01-18-2009, 08:58 AM
rywegh
Cargo Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I like Fords myself and always have been. doesn't mean I won't look at another brand or buy one of those. The best vehicle I ever owned was a 99 Tahoe and I might go and buy another unless I was to find something in the Ford family that just makes the funny feeling when you look at it.

Old 01-18-2009, 01:29 PM
bigwin56f100
Lead Driver
Received 843 Likes on 478 Posts
In this economy one is better off keeping what they have. Although, if everyone bought a new car just think how good we would all be doing. Steel mills running, assembly busy, parts manufactures swamped, sales booming, aftermarket shops busy,

I'm looking but not buying,

Old 01-18-2009, 03:00 PM
dave boley
Posting Guru
Now, more than ever,

BUY AMERICAN !!!

Old 01-18-2009, 07:00 PM
WALFORD'S 56
Postmaster
Time to buy AMERICAN is NOW---and if you have a job and have a home and have a good life....then NOW is the time to keep everyone else that is in the loop---and NOT doing so well.....a helping hand and buy a new AMERICAN CAR--FORD MOPAR-CHEVY.
This is how we can help our neighbors and ourselves at the same time.....NOW!!
Bill

Old 01-19-2009, 08:42 AM
dave boley
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by WALFORD'S 56
Time to buy AMERICAN is NOW---and if you have a job and have a home and have a good life....then NOW is the time to keep everyone else that is in the loop---and NOT doing so well.....a helping hand and buy a new AMERICAN CAR--FORD MOPAR-CHEVY.
This is how we can help our neighbors and ourselves at the same time.....NOW!!
Bill
RIGHT ON Bill....

Old 01-19-2009, 11:12 AM
bmuhlbach
Cargo Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I am a tool and die maker and i've lost two jobs sence 2001 the first one we did big three work mostly GM seat belt parts power seats air bag stuff. no 2 55 gallon drum parts mostly.Now clutchs and torque converters mostly all for big three,here they already had three big lay offs made it this far.i'd say last year we had 1000 employees new maybe 300 people it really sucks bad .production is way down most that are left are under 32 hours. in dec they worked 1 fourtyhour week.its really said so please buy American cars trucks and products if possible.

Quick Reply: Anybody want a new car/truck?