Service Department

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 12:58 PM
Jay Banks
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Service Department

Hello,
Can some one tell me what Service Department is better. Lithia here in the Tri-Cities or Legacy. The reason I ask is because my 2006 F-250PSD is leaking oil, just a few drops now and then. The fan belt also squels, the belt looks like it is in good shape. Iknow the belt is going to cost me extra, because it is not covered under the warranty. If any one has been to either one, please let me know.

Old 02-02-2009, 06:55 PM
Ford_Six
Hotshot
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Don't know off hand. I've had good dealings with Lithia down here, if that helps you any.
The belt squeal might be covered, it might be a tensioner or pulley problem.

Old 02-03-2009, 05:36 AM
Grey 250s
Senior User
Hey, Jay

I bought my rig at Lithia Ford in Tri-Cities after lots of comparison between the regional dealers, including Legacy (used to be Russ Dean). The last service dealings I had with Legacy were several years ago but had no complaints at the time.

I'm under the FORD ESP and take my truck to Lithia for maintenance. As it turns out, I was in there a couple of weeks ago for oil change and transmission flush. I'm glad I paid for the lifetime oil change. At 42k miles, it's more than paid for itself.
Anyway, they noticed a small oil leak. At my next oil change, they will keep the truck and run dye to pin-point the source. If it's the rear seal, a one day job. If it's the bed plate, they said a three day job because they will pull the engine and flip it. I asked if the cab had to be removed to pull the engine. He said he didn't think so for the '06. They take the front end of the truck off instead (grill, radiator, etc) and pull it out the front. While I was there, they had an '08 in the service bay with the cab removed for an oil leak repair.

One day job or three, they said they'd give me a loaner to drive while they have my truck.

I think they are up to 7 qualified diesel techs in the shop. You'll see who they are and each's number of years experience posted on the wall in the service manager's office.

I've got zero complaints about the service at Lithia.
Hope this helps.

(thanks for the "heads-up", Steve)

Old 02-03-2009, 10:02 AM
Jay Banks
Junior User
Thanks for the info, I think I will make an appt. today at Lithia. I bought a Dodge through Lithia back in 2001 and had no complaints with the service. My truck just rolled over 40,000 miles, with no troubles until now.
Thanks!