Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Ohio Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Ohio Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: RUNVS

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-08-2009, 01:16 PM
Postmaster

bigwin56f100 is a splendid one to beholdbigwin56f100 is a splendid one to beholdbigwin56f100 is a splendid one to beholdbigwin56f100 is a splendid one to beholdbigwin56f100 is a splendid one to beholdbigwin56f100 is a splendid one to beholdbigwin56f100 is a splendid one to behold
Other than ford trucks, what do you collect?

I have had many collections, Still have my beer can collection from the 70's. In the 80's I started collecting matchbooks. The 90's I collected vintage ford truck brochures and still do. Now? anything that looks cool, license plates, pedal cars, vintage oil cans and signs.
Old 01-08-2009, 04:12 PM
Postmaster

WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.
We collect and make custom knives and have over 1000 now and have made out of alot of awesome materials, skinners( my favorites) and was offered 35k for the set we have encased.
We also collect old Pa/Ky longfifles and firearms.-1 made by my gr.gr.grandpa
Marilyn Monroe memorabilia and we have alot ofIvory and mammoth,etc...
Family Genealogy and photos...even have the family outhouse--157 plus yrs. old....
Homes.....and money.....haha!!!!
Old 01-08-2009, 05:21 PM
Post Fiend

F2504x4 has much to be proud ofF2504x4 has much to be proud ofF2504x4 has much to be proud ofF2504x4 has much to be proud ofF2504x4 has much to be proud ofF2504x4 has much to be proud ofF2504x4 has much to be proud ofF2504x4 has much to be proud ofF2504x4 has much to be proud of
Got a 64 Thunderbird in good shape, slowly restoring, Started collecting race karts , lets see I also got a good sized collection of Die cast, of all kinds of makes and models....and very impressive cobwebs of various designs in the above collection and if you want you can add one in between my ears..
Old 01-08-2009, 09:48 PM
Shiftoholic

Freightrain has a good reputation on FTE.Freightrain has a good reputation on FTE.Freightrain has a good reputation on FTE.
Well, can't say I collect "groups" of things, but trying to cut back on multiple "hobbies".
Old 01-09-2009, 10:15 AM
Posting Guru

dave boley is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.dave boley is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Dave Boley
My collection ???

My collection of a few old Ford trucks pales by comparrison to my collection of Junk. My philosophy is if it's free, bring it home. Even if it costs money to get rid of it later.

Although I don't classify myself as a true colector, I seem to have amassed a lot of like groupings of stuff. I have about 1,000 old vinyl LP's that gathered over the years as I bought every single one of them. I read about fifty books a year and I seem to have saved every one of those with exception of those I have loaned out and never did get back. I've always been an electronics and ham radio guy and I seem to have saved almost all that stuff I have collected over fifty years. I could open a museum with all that stuff. There would be seperate wings for computers, video, and audio equipment. I still have my first computer, an old TRS-80 Model three with souped up memory and big drives. I think it still works. I am a nut for tools and equipment limited only by what I can move and accomodate. Oh, I almost forgot my collection of heavy transformers. I never seem to be able to pass one up when it's available.

I often joke with my only son about what he is going to have to go through when he ends up with all my stuff. He is cursed with the same gene that predisposed me as well as our ancestors to the affliction of extreme acquisition. he lives 600 miles away but I told him to cheer up because he gets a big truck, a van and several nice trailers to haul it away in and if he is really lucky, maybe some money to buy the fuel to move it all with.

Hey, if you can't invest in quality, then go for the next best thing, quantity and weight. One sure way to be remembered is to leave a mess that others will have to spend a lot of time and expense on cleaning up...

Later Folks...
www.pvpmedia.com/Fstar5397s
See My 53's (Let the fun begin...)
Scoobygator, (The dang thing is finally done and SOLD!)
Old 01-09-2009, 10:27 AM
Postmaster

bigwin56f100 is a splendid one to beholdbigwin56f100 is a splendid one to beholdbigwin56f100 is a splendid one to beholdbigwin56f100 is a splendid one to beholdbigwin56f100 is a splendid one to beholdbigwin56f100 is a splendid one to beholdbigwin56f100 is a splendid one to behold
Dave,

Thats why Ive been selling my excess stock of 53-56 truck parts. If something happens to me today I dont want to burden my wife with all the "junk" I have stashed away.

Kevin Bigwin
Old 01-09-2009, 11:33 AM
Shiftoholic

Freightrain has a good reputation on FTE.Freightrain has a good reputation on FTE.Freightrain has a good reputation on FTE.
A friend passed away a couple months ago and he drove truck. He has a large rental garage he stored his truck in. Its FULL of anything you can think of. He family now has the issue of trying to clean it out....ugh. He dad is just as bad, so you can image HIS garage!

It all boils down to "gee, I might need this someday". Ya, right.
Old 01-09-2009, 12:25 PM
Posting Guru

dave boley is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.dave boley is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Dave Boley
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwin56f100 View Post
Dave,

Thats why Ive been selling my excess stock of 53-56 truck parts. If something happens to me today I dont want to burden my wife with all the "junk" I have stashed away.

Kevin Bigwin
Kevin,
If it was up to my wife she would call my son. If they didn't want it I'm sure they would know how to get rid of it. I imagine there would be a lot of stuff sold at a sale and/or on ebay. Of course a few of my friends would be sure to go through the stuff first. Knowing my son as I do, I doubt there would be much left and I pointed out he has the same affliction I do. Plus there is just something about having your dad's tools. I have some of my dad's stuff that I have already made my son promise to keep and not sell off. When I bought my new welding machines recently I gave him my dad's welder with that promise to me.

BTW, what kind of body parts do you have to get rid of???

Later man...
www.pvpmedia.com/Fstar5397s
See My 53's (Let the fun begin...)
Scoobygator, (The dang thing is finally done and SOLD!)
Old 01-09-2009, 12:28 PM
Posting Guru

bmuhlbach is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.bmuhlbach is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I have magizines some oil cans some signs my uncle had it (R.I.P.) it is an old Autolite sign with I believe a GT40 on it along with a sticker for Tiger. A Mustang pedel car Starkey & Hutch Gran Torino toy (car i wash it was real) so some stuff is a treasure some not so much I MIGHT NEED IT ONE DAY!!!!! But when you get rid of it you'll need it.Also wife likes to go to auctions and thats the way to get rid of stuff when our numbers up.Some times it blows my mind what stuff sells for tools seem to sell for more then i'd think.I was at one auction and A barn find 40 Ford business coupe sold for over $5000.00 i was looking at the crowd and thought that is mine for cheap because no one even looked at it or didn't look like a car guy.I didn't get it.
Old 01-09-2009, 01:43 PM
Elder User

mblayton is starting off with a positive reputation.
Vintage Coca Cola signs, bottles, anything related really from the 20s-60s.

I have to agree with freightrian we moved recently and could not believe all the stuff I had, I am in the process of cleaning house, don't want to move it again, and as I see it I had not used in a number of years and probably never will.
Old 01-09-2009, 03:25 PM
Postmaster

WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.
Dave---I almost forgot. I have been collecting machine tools(toolroom) tools for many years,and sold off most of it,till a few years ago. Dad and I went to a sale in Miami and bought out a tool-room and have all the machinery in my shop in Florida.
Dad still uses the equipment and just made me a pulley a few weeks ago. It keeps him busy and he mows the ranch anyway and nice to have him watch over the place.
He always calls it my junk.....but it is his too. Dad is a great guy. Taught me how to run every machine tool imaginable and at 20 ran it all.
I have about 500 drill bits --all over 1'' in size....haha---I will be ebaying them soon.
Bill
Old 09-23-2012, 03:30 PM
Junior User

Nuttycollector is starting off with a positive reputation.
Deb Moran
Talking Been collecting for years..

We do much to much collecting here too... aside from our Ford Trucks.. Anything old.. LOL

AntiqueTractors(8),
Garden tractors (7),
Pedal tractors (12),
Antique Oil lamps and lanterns in the house..(150) and counting... LOL
Old 09-23-2012, 03:30 PM