South Carolina Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: SC_Hoaty

When would it be time?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 09:06 PM
FTE Trigger
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question When would it be time?

I've often wondered... Who else would like the CL spot for South Carolina? So I figure this would be an excellent time to introduce this as a "non-stop" nomination thread to see who is really serious about the spot.

3. Chapter Leader Qualifications: In order to qualify as a nominee for the Chapter Leader position, the candidate must be at least age 21 and a registered user on FTE for a minimum of 60 days at the time of nomination. (Clarified 01/27/2009)

4. The Chapter Leader Election Process: To select a Chapter Leader: After notifying a Regional Chapters Moderator, a thread in your chapter forum shall be opened for 30 days to take nominations from willing candidates to fill the position. When the nomination poll is closed, FTE will provide a list of approved candidates from that poll for the final vote . A 14 day poll will then be opened for the membership to elect their new Chapter Leader from this list of approved candidates.
CL guidelines here: https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/7...-1-2008-a.html

....For those interested.

Old 03-14-2008, 04:59 PM
TheWiz427
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Seeing that i have previous experience starting the Fla chapter i would consider it but right now i have too much on my plate sort-a-speak. I do wish we could generate more interest here but thats how some of the chapters are unfortunately.

Old 03-14-2008, 07:34 PM
5 Star Tuning
Former Vendor
Received 63 Likes on 35 Posts
Wiz you would be a great CL. Of course Rich your cool too...

Old 03-19-2008, 03:58 PM
STGFordCrazy04
Post Fiend
Rich,
I wouldnt want to take your job but IF you are stepping down I would like to be considered. I too, would like more activity in the SC chapter. Im not sure why there isnt. The biggest reason IMHO is the lack of active members and the ones who are are spread all over the state. Its hard for most of us to drive 2 hours for a supper g2g and drive home. I see Macy8 quite regularly but unfortunately I have never met the rest of you.

Wiz, youre like second on the totem pole around here so Id give you my vote for CL unless you didnt want the job.

Old 03-19-2008, 04:32 PM
TheWiz427
Post Fiend
Right now i wouldn't be effective as a CL, Too many projects/business going on. Give it a go Kris ya got my vote!

BTW Are you going to the Charlotte Auto Fair?

Old 03-19-2008, 05:08 PM
STGFordCrazy04
Post Fiend
Thanks, I appreciate it Wiz.

Rich Id like to get a brief run down of daily duties before I jump in to my intent head first.

I really want to go to the autofair but I dont think I will be able to. My dad and I run our family lumber yard and building supply and hes deffinately going so the only way I could go is if we close down for the day. We open from 8-12 on Saturday so by the time I drove up there it would be almost 4 so its probably not worth the time.

Ill let you know.

Whats happening with the:
Gun range
Santee
April 20th car show G2Gs?

Old 03-19-2008, 06:21 PM
5 Star Tuning
Former Vendor
Received 63 Likes on 35 Posts
I had a gentlemen today call me 2 miles down the road inquiring about some tunes and is a member on here but did not know this Chapter existed.

To me the key is staying active with stuff and promoting the Chapter on FTE some how? I have been a member of FTE since 2000 but really did not know of this Chapter until an email blast about last years G2G at Lake Murry.

Kris I have never met you and I am sure I dont have much of a say since I am a newbie but you would certainly have my full support also..

Mike

Old 03-19-2008, 06:48 PM
STGFordCrazy04
Post Fiend
Thanks Mike.

A buddy of mine from Conway tuned my 04 F250 with a custom superchip tuner. Pretty cool how you can change all the parameters on a laptop. Much better than the standard off the shelf tuners. I set top speed to 249mph but I cant seem to hit it. Maybe its the tires

Old 03-20-2008, 06:36 AM
TheWiz427
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by STGFordCrazy04
Gun range
Don't know nobody had any date suggestions.

Old 03-20-2008, 10:34 PM
FTE Trigger
Postmaster
Thanks, I appreciate it Wiz.

Rich Id like to get a brief run down of daily duties before I jump in to my intent head first.
This is some of it in a nut-shell- also some of it has changed a bit. But this should give you an idea.
The Chapter Leader is responsible for seeking out new Chapter members on the FTE forums (we provide the tools for this), overseeing the organization of events, meetings and gatherings. Additionally, we encourage Chapter members to seek out new members at auto shows, fellow Ford owners in the work place and Ford truck owners you may encounter in your day-to-day life. You may even consider telling local dealerships or auto parts stores about your Chapter.

Chapter Leaders may not hold a similar position or title with a competitive venture, or otherwise have his position on FTE cause a conflict of interest.

Opinions and/or statements expressed by Chapter Leaders, officers and members do not reflect the opinions of "Ford Truck Enthusiasts, Inc.", its officers, directors, employees and shareholders. Ford Truck Enthusiasts, Inc. assumes no liability for direct, indirect, punitive, consequential, special or incidental damages, accident, injury, loss of property, income or life due to use or misuse of opinions, statements or information, actions or inaction of Chapter Leaders, officers and members.

Gun range
Santee
April 20th car show G2Gs?
  • Gun Range... just waiting on date suggestions...per Whiz
  • Santee... Looking at the weather and to go before or after a Murray g2g (Murray, like last year)
  • April 20th? is that the Pee Dee rodders? I don't recall something on the 20th... Tho, it wouldn't take much to throw it on the calender!

Originally Posted by fordmdb
I had a gentlemen today call me 2 miles down the road inquiring about some tunes and is a member on here but did not know this Chapter existed.
To me the key is staying active with stuff and promoting the Chapter on FTE some how?I have been a member of FTE since 2000 but really did not know of this Chapter until an email blast about last years G2G at Lake Murry.

Kris I have never met you and I am sure I dont have much of a say since I am a newbie but you would certainly have my full support also..

Mike
The way things are currently arranged... The most amount of "advertising" that we can do is either through the Mass PMs or catch phrases in the Sigs. Other than that... it's "illegal" to post copies of one thread in mulitple forums.

Last edited by FTE Trigger; 03-20-2008 at 10:46 PM.
Old 03-21-2008, 07:56 AM
TheWiz427
Post Fiend
Should we hold some kind of vote for this?

We can make it South Carolinas second super Tuesday!

Old 03-21-2008, 12:20 PM
STGFordCrazy04
Post Fiend
Rich,
youre wanting to step down? Please dont get the wrong idea Im greatful to considered for this position but if you want to keep your "job" youve got my vote. I dont think anyone is unhappy with your ability and performance as chapter leader.

If you just want a break, Ill be happy to step in if I make the popular vote.

The April 20th show is in Lexington (near Columbia) and is primarily a mustang show. There is also a show at "South of the border" which is a pretty decent MCA recognised show. I won concours gold with my Boss there in 2005.

Old 03-21-2008, 03:17 PM
TheWiz427
Post Fiend
Me thinks it has to do with working too much.

Old 03-21-2008, 11:15 PM
FTE Trigger
Postmaster
Originally Posted by TheWiz427
Me thinks it has to do with working too much.
...kinda... and a Slight possibility of going out of the country for about a year (flying home maybe every 90 days-for a wk).

If no one is quite ready, I could always use "help" from a "Co-CL" (non-official title).
I think the only thing that would be different would be the new member approval process (to my knowledge, now- their can only be one).
So I would just be approving members but everything else from recruiting to sparking new action/activities on here would be "shared".

With Kris being down where he is, he would be an ideal candidate.
I really miss seeing some of our coastal members on here. Maybe someone familiar with happenings on the coast would be better at getting Chapter wide g2gs in those areas...and the same for a CL (currently me) in the n. western part of the state.

We have enough members on the roster that we "technically" (perfect-case scenario) could have 25-30 people to turn up (not including family) for either regional g2g(s).

Old 03-22-2008, 07:02 AM
TheWiz427
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by 99Trigger3_0
With Kris being down where he is, he would be an ideal candidate.
I agree! Come on Kris, Go for it!

I can always help out with the upstate stuff if need be.

Going back to sunny Poland Rich?

Quick Reply: When would it be time?