South Carolina Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: SC_Hoaty

CALL 911, CHAPTER NEEDS ASSISTANCE & Other B/S

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 05:30 PM
MichelleF-250
Lead Driver
Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
No crickets here just alot of BS and good friends to talk to.

Old 04-13-2009, 06:30 PM
FORD RANGER
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thank you shelly.
let the BS fly! and it keeps people off the streets!!

Old 04-13-2009, 06:38 PM
tin-man
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry Jack, I don't see any!!! Hey Michelle!

Old 04-13-2009, 06:54 PM
tin-man
Post Fiend

I'm the only Cricket here Jack!! Hey, Michelle, David

Old 04-13-2009, 07:21 PM
FORD RANGER
Post Fiend
your funny!and i know david....

Old 04-13-2009, 09:17 PM
Post Fiend
Who said Crickets

Old 04-13-2009, 09:57 PM
MichelleF-250
Lead Driver
Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
Wow you guys, that is cute Tin Man.

Your right about the BS Ford Ranger.

Good Evening SC

Old 04-14-2009, 08:33 AM
Orin Martin
Posting Guru
Good Morning South Carolina, Crickets??????????? Sounds like I missed something yesterday. Nothing new there. I started into F.T.E. last summer not knowing a lot about being online yet as only became internet accessible since March of last year but wow what a ride with what I have learned so far boggles the mind. I started into this with participating mostly in the automotive side of F.T.E. but soon found the social side of F.T.E. as well found in the local chaptors and non automotive section where I met many good people and made a few friends along the way online.

Crickets? hardly.

Old 04-14-2009, 09:56 AM
nutfarmii
Senior User
Originally Posted by Orin Martin
Good Morning South Carolina, Crickets??????????? Sounds like I missed something yesterday. Nothing new there. I started into F.T.E. last summer not knowing a lot about being online yet as only became internet accessible since March of last year but wow what a ride with what I have learned so far boggles the mind. I started into this with participating mostly in the automotive side of F.T.E. but soon found the social side of F.T.E. as well found in the local chaptors and non automotive section where I met many good people and made a few friends along the way online.

Crickets? hardly.

i was referring to our SC chapter as up until November last year we had FLGargoyle, The Wiz, Trigger myself and a few others jawing back and forth but the Chapter went dormant for awhile, in my case, issues with Health in my family, computer issues and truck issues.

But I am back, armed and dangerous as usual.

Enjoy the day!

Marc

Old 04-14-2009, 12:54 PM
Orin Martin
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by nutfarmii
i was referring to our SC chapter as up until November last year we had FLGargoyle, The Wiz, Trigger myself and a few others jawing back and forth but the Chapter went dormant for awhile, in my case, issues with Health in my family, computer issues and truck issues.

But I am back, armed and dangerous as usual.

Enjoy the day!

Marc
Point duly noted, always sorry to hear of those with health issues either with themselves or their family. The truck can be understood as well but the one thing I have found out in this whirlwind year of traveling the internet highway (..........oh,oh.......... this turned into a rant) is that these danged computers can be the biggest waste of time. There has been more than one time when I was almost ready to pick up a hammer and smash the rotten thing and vow them off for ever. I have had computers dating back to the days of dos 2.1 with my first being a TIMEX in the early 80's that you would hook up to your TV but because of where I live out in the middle of nowhere and the known fact that many perils exist in the cyberworld I put it off until there really was no other option.

Some of the things that put me off was what I exsperienced through a friend I knew a few years back, was a $20,000. dollar money pit that layed beneath his key board for about 5 years until the dollar amount become high enough that he realized some one else had been working him over. The money was unrecoverable and the spong was never found, in another case around the same time was a fellow I worked with for a bit that discovered his wife of several years had another life complete with an on line marriage to another fellow she never met face to face even complete with imaginary wedding cake, witness's, and a certificate. In the end she chose the computer over him and their 15 year old son.

Being online has been a mixed blessing as I have narrowly missed a couple of hacker intrussions and one I did not that resulted in me rebuilding my machine and loosing information I had saved so to the end of this rant is that a computer is a nessesary evil that requires great diligence in this day and age for it can do so many wonderful things to downright complete stupidity as dictated by one's own amagination. I was also made aware of a few years back that you could download this to your cell phone as well and thus take garbage with you portably to wow and impress your friends.
As for me the fun ran out of that a while back when lightning bolts would flash behind my eye's every time I got to wasting time at the dumbputer.
(end of rant)

This tirade was fostered out of reflecting on the many useless hours I have lost since becoming a part of the cyber world that is like a moment.......once lost never regained and have learned.

Have a good day Marc!

Old 04-15-2009, 08:38 AM
Orin Martin
Posting Guru
Good morning South Carolina, I hope I did not come off a little too far in the left field when I wrote my post yesterday. I didn't really start off writing about dumbputers or how much they frustrate me at times. What I have learned and the time wasted kind of came to a boil yesterday within my self but did not reflect of the good folks that I routinely visit with here on F.T.E.

For me though I have to admit that this is the only online social group that I attend. I have this ranch and many good people here as well that I interact with both personally, and professionally on a daily basis along with my family that extends all the way to Indiana, (a sister) whom I visit with for on the average a couple of hours every Sat.

What I enjoy by coming to F.T.E. is the diversity of individuals that I visit with as well and can share a pent up need to write which I have always enjoyed hoping that others can derive enjoyment from. So as for the rest of my dumbputer experience it is limited to getting news as I don't have satellite television along with the weather which I find invaluable along with looking up articles that deal with the ranch, my work, or my interest in technical along with a passion for old cars and trucks as well, as for the rest of it I have discovered I can live without it just like in real life.

Have a great day every one and this will be the last of my rants even though I still have a major issue with nothing happening when I press the send button, just kind of makes you feel warm all over.

Old 04-15-2009, 11:44 PM
tin-man
Post Fiend
I enjoy talking to you (Orin ) and many more on FTE. I don't mind you ranting or speaking your mind, when you have something to say. We learn about each other when we share our thought's.

Old 04-15-2009, 11:47 PM
tin-man
Post Fiend
Oh, and it's good to have you back Marc !!

Old 04-16-2009, 06:12 AM
nutfarmii
Senior User
Orin don't worry about Ranting, everyone has their day. Some more than others.

Enjoy the day

Marc

Old 04-16-2009, 08:45 AM
Orin Martin
Posting Guru
Understood and thank you. That is why I' am here as well because of the diversity of people that I can visit with. I was made aware recently of an unglier side of this cyberworld that like in real life that can undermine you personaly............it kind of got on my nerves for a little but things are getting resolved. Even at my age, 51 in a month I' am finding it hard to be surprised any more,.......... only dissapointed.

Quick Reply: CALL 911, CHAPTER NEEDS ASSISTANCE & Other B/S