Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome.
Come on over to the March BS thread.

Old 12-16-2015, 08:23 AM
'75HB250
Tuned
Received 24 Likes on 9 Posts
Not new to FTE or Ford trucks; just found the CT Chapter forum this morning.

I am Nate from Manchester, CT

Sold my '75 in October:

'75, 390/ 4spd; bought it in Stafford, CT, but it was an Oregon truck. 0 rust, but I intended it to be a project as well as a truck I could use around the house. Then I made it too nice, and a gentleman was kind enough to make me an offer I couldn't refuse.

Took delivery of my '97 last night:

I was looking for a replacement for the highboy, and wanted something newer, but still very Spartan/ utilitarian. Found this truck on eBay, in Las Vegas, and I had to have it. 460, ZF5, 4.10s, 65K miles. Looks brand new inside and out; it was elderly owned. It is very difficult to find a gas engine stick truck, which is exactly what I was looking for.

Old 12-16-2015, 08:26 AM
gbroehl1
Logistics Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome to the circus

The 75 sounded mint, but that 97 looks really nice as well. Manual trannys are getting very hard to find these days. Those that have them don't like to part with them.

Old 12-16-2015, 03:35 PM
jthorngate3
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by '75HB250
Not new to FTE or Ford trucks; just found the CT Chapter forum this morning.

I am Nate from Manchester, CT

Sold my '75 in October:

'75, 390/ 4spd; bought it in Stafford, CT, but it was an Oregon truck. 0 rust, but I intended it to be a project as well as a truck I could use around the house. Then I made it too nice, and a gentleman was kind enough to make me an offer I couldn't refuse.

Took delivery of my '97 last night:

I was looking for a replacement for the highboy, and wanted something newer, but still very Spartan/ utilitarian. Found this truck on eBay, in Las Vegas, and I had to have it. 460, ZF5, 4.10s, 65K miles. Looks brand new inside and out; it was elderly owned. It is very difficult to find a gas engine stick truck, which is exactly what I was looking for.
That 75 looked gorgeous. That will be a hard one to get over I think. I have a 97 f-350 myself. Utilitarian is a very fitting title for it.

Old 12-16-2015, 05:22 PM
acf6
Post Fiend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome! Both nice trucks there. You've probably seen/heard my truck around town. Live near highland park

Old 12-16-2015, 08:04 PM
Towmanjbo
Cargo Master

Hi Nate, Welcome!!

Old 12-17-2015, 07:05 AM
ct diesel
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Welcome Nate

Two very nice trucks. Did a beautiful job on that 75. looks clean. The 97 looks good but I am guessing you will improve on it with your little touches. Keep us informed.

john

Old 12-17-2015, 07:07 AM
'75HB250
Tuned
Originally Posted by acf6
Welcome! Both nice trucks there. You've probably seen/heard my truck around town. Live near highland park
Do you go to MCC for anything? I used to see this truck, or one damn near identical to it there; I live across the street.

Old 12-17-2015, 07:19 AM
'75HB250
Tuned
Thanks for the welcome guys.

Plans for my '97 are pretty simple. I typically rush through projects, and then get bored with them; this is like a rule for how I do vehicle projects. Get it done and unload it. I want to do the '97 a little different, because I do want to keep this truck; its a perfect balance of old and new, and condition wise it is perfect.

*Full tune up: plugs, wires, cap/rotor, oil/ filter, air/ fuel filters, belts, etc. Was going to do engine coolant and hoses, but the stuff looks brand new.
*Tires: just some 285/75/16s, I am thinking Toyo Open Country A/Ts right now.
*Wheels: thought about some new polished aluminum 16s, but the Alcoas are pretty decent. I'm going to strip them and polish them., Better quality wheels than anything aftermarket, and the look is perfect.
*Body: The only damage is a ding in the tailgate, and a small dent in the passenger's door. I have a fantastic PDR guy that will handle these no problem. The bed rail tops had holes drilled from a topper, so I am going to put some caps on; I'd like smooth black metal caps, but I may have to have some stainless ones powdercoated.

Future plans include: Line X liner, Bilstein 5100s, Banks Stinger, and some gauges. Also like to replace the vinyl mat with carpet, and swap the Uhaul brake controller for a P3. Obviously on the hunt for a D60, and I also wound't mind a chrome rear bumper, and chrome grille/ headlight doors. In time.

Old 01-07-2016, 01:49 PM
jbehuniak
Elder User
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Afternoon,
New to CT, got out of Active Duty a little while ago; work brought me here. Live outside of Middletown exit 20 off 91. I have a White 78 F250 That I bought a few years back from a dude in Windsor Locks. Have had some small of stuff break on it, rear diff (no fluid on the drive home from buying it) or just completely wrong. Missed some wiring no-go's on pre-buy (household wirenuts on tail light wiring harness). Truck sat around for a long time while I was stationed down in Alabama and finally am getting it back on the road. I put a new carb, intake manifold and clutch in it last week, hoping to tackle the transfer case tonight after work (30 min left woohoo) Hope to register it tomorrow and get some firewood on Saturday.

I'm 26, a NRA instructor, in the national guard, drink beer or anything else, eat food and really don't care about much. If you wanna gimme a hand with the transfer case let me know, that things heavy. I'm pretty handy with toold, started wrenching when I was 11, Ive worked on most things with engines from tractors, boats, cars, imports, trucks, helicopters, I only know enough to get me in trouble.

Plans for my truck are to fix the floors, wiring, put a radio in it, soundproof the inside as much as I can, seat heater for the girlfriend, and just drive it. Summer I want to POR15 the frame and underside of the bed, see if I can do the cab also. No rush.

Old 01-07-2016, 02:14 PM
Towmanjbo
Cargo Master

Welcome to the nut house!! lol Feel free to poke your head into the BS chat, here is our current one: https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...l#post15927551

Old 01-07-2016, 03:15 PM
bill06447
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chick's in Wallingford has a fairly complete 79 in their yard as well as numerous others of similar vintage.

Bill

Old 01-07-2016, 03:37 PM
jthorngate3
Postmaster
Originally Posted by jbehuniak
Afternoon,
New to CT, got out of Active Duty a little while ago; work brought me here. Live outside of Middletown exit 20 off 91. I have a White 78 F250 That I bought a few years back from a dude in Windsor Locks. Have had some small of stuff break on it, rear diff (no fluid on the drive home from buying it) or just completely wrong. Missed some wiring no-go's on pre-buy (household wirenuts on tail light wiring harness). Truck sat around for a long time while I was stationed down in Alabama and finally am getting it back on the road. I put a new carb, intake manifold and clutch in it last week, hoping to tackle the transfer case tonight after work (30 min left woohoo) Hope to register it tomorrow and get some firewood on Saturday.

I'm 26, a NRA instructor, in the national guard, drink beer or anything else, eat food and really don't care about much. If you wanna gimme a hand with the transfer case let me know, that things heavy. I'm pretty handy with toold, started wrenching when I was 11, Ive worked on most things with engines from tractors, boats, cars, imports, trucks, helicopters, I only know enough to get me in trouble.

Plans for my truck are to fix the floors, wiring, put a radio in it, soundproof the inside as much as I can, seat heater for the girlfriend, and just drive it. Summer I want to POR15 the frame and underside of the bed, see if I can do the cab also. No rush.
Welcome to the group and CT. Hope you don't have much trouble with the DMV. Sounds like you've got a decent truck to start with as a project. I'm in Middletown as well.

Old 01-07-2016, 03:48 PM
jbehuniak
Elder User
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Here she is. I cant upload from work. The POs handy work will keep me occupied for years to come.

Old 01-07-2016, 04:16 PM
jthorngate3
Postmaster
Originally Posted by jbehuniak

Here she is. I cant upload from work. The POs handy work will keep me occupied for years to come.
Despite the mildew, it looks very clean for the year.

Quick Reply: CT Member Introductions