Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > North Carolina Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

North Carolina Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:ncheavymetal

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-04-2009, 09:15 AM
Postmaster

spinella is a splendid one to beholdspinella is a splendid one to beholdspinella is a splendid one to beholdspinella is a splendid one to beholdspinella is a splendid one to beholdspinella is a splendid one to behold
lake norman

hello,
me and my family and my brother in law and his family are thinking about relocating from n.y. to the lake norman area. just wondering if anybody can give us some pointers as to which area we should be looking at. i have three kids(10-6-1 years old) and my brother in law has two. so schools are important to us.we've been looking on-line alot but that can get overwhelming.we need to take a short vacation down to n.c. to get a better look. i can spend 3-400,000 and my brother in-law can spend more like 600,000.any help would be appreciated.thanks.
-ed

2008 lariet 18" wheels*s&b air filter*5 star x2 tuner*front hidden hitch*6.0 trans cooler*autometer trans temp gauge*superlift leveling kit*rear firestone airbags*ARE cap*unity pillar spotlight
Old 01-04-2009, 04:45 PM
Posting Guru

MAKO314 has a good reputation on FTE.MAKO314 has a good reputation on FTE.
IMHO the lake norman area "AKA the redneck Riviera" is way over rated and over crowded. the mountain island lake area is just south of norman and is a much quieter better place to live. mountain island lake is also a much prettier lake and less crowded.
Old 01-04-2009, 05:01 PM
Postmaster

spinella is a splendid one to beholdspinella is a splendid one to beholdspinella is a splendid one to beholdspinella is a splendid one to beholdspinella is a splendid one to beholdspinella is a splendid one to behold
redneck riviera...thats good.i'll look into the mountain lake area.i like quiet.if we move it will be in about 2 years.my brother in law is more flashy than i am. he would like a real active lake with big boats and big houses.i would prefer a modest ranch style house with a large piece of property.hes been to n.c. i have'nt.i need to take a trip down.i also have a cousin in hampstead in the blue ridge moutains.(hes on 76 acres).thanks for your response.
-ed

2008 lariet 18" wheels*s&b air filter*5 star x2 tuner*front hidden hitch*6.0 trans cooler*autometer trans temp gauge*superlift leveling kit*rear firestone airbags*ARE cap*unity pillar spotlight
Old 01-04-2009, 05:37 PM
Post Fiend

SuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to behold
There is lots of area's around Charlotte area if that is where you will be working. If you want cheaper and more land,Check out the Fort Mill area in SC
Old 01-10-2009, 02:02 PM
Elder User

71swissaqua is starting off with a positive reputation.
Stay as far as you can away from the Charlotte-Mecklenburg school system. Go towards the Lincoln Co. area of Lake Norman. Or Maybe even Denver though it is growing fast as well. I live in Huntersville just north of Charlotte and I hate to see my kids growing up but at least they are out of that school system.
Busing kids all the way from center city Charlotte all the way out to the north end of the county is stupid. Kids are on buses until 6 and 7 at night in some cases.
clint
Old 01-10-2009, 02:27 PM
Junior User

1974SuperCabF250 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Denver is pretty nice but is growing. I live away from the lake up towards catawba county, but that's not really the lake. Mooresville is nice, but kind of crowded and the traffic is terrible at rush hour. Huntersville is pretty much an extension of charlotte, as has been stated. I hear the mooresville schools are ok as are the lincoln county ones, I don't know about either personally as I grew up in greensboro, and came down to the lake for work.
Old 01-10-2009, 03:59 PM
Postmaster

thanks,
come spring time we'll be taking a trip down and check out a few areas.i've been requesting info from schools and chamber of commerce. i even contacted a few real estate agents. theres alot to take in.i'll take all the info i can get.

Old 01-10-2009, 04:48 PM
Posting Guru

don't come to Cabarrus county our taxes are higher than camel #$#% we have a new drag strip to pay for . my property tax value went up 97,000.00 last evaluation and I know for a fact it isn't worth that. Charlotte meck has higher than hell taxes also ..
Old 01-10-2009, 04:57 PM
Post Fiend

SuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to behold
What about Baden lake?
Old 01-10-2009, 08:09 PM
Posting Guru

the badin lake area does have some nice nieghborhoods uwharrie point and heron bay both are gated golf course communities in the uwharrie national forest on badin lake. badin is a great lake it's quiet but it's a long ways from anywhere. the movie deliverance comes to mind!!
Old 01-10-2009, 08:26 PM
Post Fiend

Do you hear banjo's?????
Old 01-11-2009, 09:51 PM
Posting Guru

sqeal like a pig boy!!!!!
Old 01-12-2009, 11:31 AM
Postmaster

alright...we'll just stay in n.y.

Old 01-12-2009, 11:46 AM
Post Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinella View Post
alright...we'll just stay in n.y.
It's Ok Ashley will miss with his Bow.
Old 01-12-2009, 03:41 PM
Posting Guru

oh come on down once you learn to speak spanish so you can commicate with the new locals everything is fine
Old 01-12-2009, 03:41 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > North Carolina Chapter

Tags
lakenormanford, search