Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Bronco > 1978 - 1996 Big Bronco
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1978 - 1996 Big Bronco SPONSORED BY:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-12-2010, 01:13 AM
Post Fiend

greystreak92 has a great reputation on FTE.greystreak92 has a great reputation on FTE.greystreak92 has a great reputation on FTE.greystreak92 has a great reputation on FTE.greystreak92 has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavericks9 View Post
my fiance, already hate that i found this site. LOL. says ima be one of them guys that loves his truck more than his wife.
Tell your fiance she's in good company... my wife parks her brand new car on the street because there are TWO Ford trucks in the garage, a Mercury Grand Marquis and Saturn Sky on the driveway. Yes all four are mine... and we will celebrate ten (10) years at the end of this month!

Big Bronco FAQ's

Old 08-12-2010, 01:37 AM
Junior User

Mavericks9 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Ya, like the sound of that. lol. She hates riding in trucks. And thats all i will drive. SUV'S and TRUCKS, she says " there just to high and i like siting low" lol. trying to get here used the idea of owning a truck and not her toyota celica. If i ride in it i feel like im in a little tin can.
All of our junk is in our apartment garage so , know ones vehicle can go in there. prob best this way so we don't end up in a pointless arguement about who parks there, and who's is worth more, etc. It just be a mess. lol.
Old 08-12-2010, 12:58 PM

AbandonedBronco has a great reputation on FTE.AbandonedBronco has a great reputation on FTE.AbandonedBronco has a great reputation on FTE.AbandonedBronco has a great reputation on FTE.AbandonedBronco has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavericks9 View Post
Ya, like the sound of that. lol. She hates riding in trucks. And thats all i will drive. SUV'S and TRUCKS, she says " there just to high and i like siting low" lol. trying to get here used the idea of owning a truck and not her toyota celica. If i ride in it i feel like im in a little tin can.
All of our junk is in our apartment garage so , know ones vehicle can go in there. prob best this way so we don't end up in a pointless arguement about who parks there, and who's is worth more, etc. It just be a mess. lol.
Give it a little time.
My wife used to be the same way. Now she wants to sell her car so she can have her own Bronco to drive and mod.
Old 09-01-2010, 01:53 AM
New User

C-lint is starting off with a positive reputation.
Unhappy 86 351 4bbl ignition problem

Sorry to jump in in your add at FTE, but this is my second poast or anything and i am still trying to figure something out. I have an 86 351 4bbl and it cuts out and misses pretty bad at about 45 - 50 or so MPH and all above that. I have replaced plugs, wires, coil, dist cap, rotor button, and the Ignition control module. And i know its not the carb because i just had it rebuilt and it works perfect on my buddys truck. The only two things that i know that are left is the Pickup Coil in the dist. and MAYBE the little thing that looks like a capacitor. I am STUMPED! Can someone please help me out with what they think it is.... I would really appreciate it!!!
Old 09-01-2010, 11:03 AM

AbandonedBronco has a great reputation on FTE.AbandonedBronco has a great reputation on FTE.AbandonedBronco has a great reputation on FTE.AbandonedBronco has a great reputation on FTE.AbandonedBronco has a great reputation on FTE.
Hey C-lint, you'd probably be better off just starting a new thread out in the forum instead of posting in here. A lot more people will see it and be able to help you. This thread isn't really the best place for tech questions.

Your issue sounds like what my truck did when my fuel filter was plugged.
Old 09-01-2010, 12:15 PM
New User

C-lint is starting off with a positive reputation.
Talking

Okay, thanks man, i really appreciate it. Thanks for the help!
Old 09-12-2010, 03:03 PM
Junior User

Matt8393 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hey C-lint, greetings from Dahlonega, GA.
Old 09-24-2010, 10:27 PM
Elder User

FourXFord2 has a good reputation on FTE.FourXFord2 has a good reputation on FTE.
Lots of info there! Still trying to id the 5 speed manual trans I have, I know it's not the ZF, already have one of them to fix. I know it was commonly used cause I have 3 of them now! (can't pass on cheap spares can we?)
Old 09-24-2010, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourXFord2 View Post
Lots of info there! Still trying to id the 5 speed manual trans I have, I know it's not the ZF, already have one of them to fix. I know it was commonly used cause I have 3 of them now! (can't pass on cheap spares can we?)
About the only 5 speed I know of in a truck besides the ZF is the Mazda M5OD.
Old 09-25-2010, 01:22 AM
Post Fiend

greystreak92 has a great reputation on FTE.greystreak92 has a great reputation on FTE.greystreak92 has a great reputation on FTE.greystreak92 has a great reputation on FTE.greystreak92 has a great reputation on FTE.
5-speed is most assuredly the M5. 4-speed in a full size Bronco is most likely a NP435.

Big Bronco FAQ's

Old 09-26-2010, 12:27 AM
Elder User

FourXFord2 has a good reputation on FTE.FourXFord2 has a good reputation on FTE.
Tnx. Almost have it back on the road now, need to adress driveshafts, and want to put my 9" under it with the springs from '82 excab, with the "overload spring" stops. I hope the add-a-leaf for the 4" lift is going to work ok!
Old 09-26-2010, 04:53 PM
New User

maxbodyworks is starting off with a positive reputation.
Wonder whats going on in here,...?

OK we are working with a 92 Full size bronco has about 200 thousand miles on the 5.8 l ,AT ,....started having some starting problems,.....fuel related,...did filter,...just did pump ,....then the lady took it out ,....and it just died,....hhhhm. It was starting to have starter issues,... ie,..slow turn over and some noise,... so i pull the starter and its ****ed off,...i mean the gear is broken and half missing ,....in the bell housing ,..at least thats where i retrieved it from. Put the new starter in,...crank it over and ,...clunk,...clunk,...try it a few more times and break the new one...... Tow the beast home, pull the starter, and turn the motor by had to check flywheel for and bull**** ,...none found but in turning the motor,....found that there is stoppage ,...I mean something is keeping it from turning past a certain point...... My question is,......first of all to my lady What happened just before it stopped ,....it just died,.. was the answer. Second, what could it be causing this stopage ?,...Did we suck a valve down in there,..?,.. did we break the timing chain?,....is there something in the transmission that could cause the motor end up LOCKED UP?
help me out with a few ideas please while i satrt to tear the heads off thinking its time to rebuild the top end,...

Thanks
MAX
Old 09-27-2010, 01:57 AM
Post Fiend

Welcome to FTE and the Big Bronco Forum. Post a new thread in the forum with the details of your problems. This thread is just a link thread to the FAQ document. You will get more responses that way.

Big Bronco FAQ's

Old 10-07-2010, 10:10 AM
Junior User

Varkwso is starting off with a positive reputation.
Very useful forum. I cannot say anything positive about FSB.
Old 11-14-2010, 06:55 AM
New User

hillbillycustoms1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Talking dana 60 swap on a bronco

this mite be all stupid but i want to get it dun anyways cause im that kind of ford crazy..... heres what i have!! i have an 87 fulsize bronco 6in of lift and 39.5 in boggers on 15 by 12 in rims. what i want to get dun to it is dana 60s front and rear. i already have a set of dana 60s outta my 79 1ton highboy high pinion 4.10 gears!!! to my knowledge the rear is the easiest to do hell its the rearend... anyways its the front im having really big problems with and i cant find anythang so im asking for a ton of help in trying to find what i need to get this done so i can post pic of this future beast!!! so save a question yes i would love to kep it coil springs in the front... the question is would a dana 60 outta an 79 1ton work under a 87 fulsize bronco!!! ford gods please say YES!!! i dont mind doing sum modin to the axles hopfully not much to the frame... thanks so much hillbillycustoms1
Old 11-14-2010, 06:55 AM