Join Chapter, Leader: Yahiko

car insureance

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 11:29 PM
billy12360
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
car insureance

to get to the point, read the red type...

im in desperite need of insureing a car

so far i have tried esurance, geico, and progressive. basically what ive gotten with esurance is, we can not insure you at this time due to such and such reason, but to try their partner geico... so i did the online quote thing, and once again, same thing, so i called them up, some one answered, gave him my name address and he said ohh you just tried our on line quote thing, and i told him yes i did, but it wouldnt give me a quote, he told me he would check into that, and said that they cant insure me due to i dont have enough driving experince... and said to try again in 6 months...(figure thats why esureance wont give me insureance to) then with progressive, they give me a different quote each time... each time getting higher... i really dont want to dish out 1500 dollars on my no insureance fines, and 1500 for insureance, now i know im probablly not gonna get my fines lowered that much even with insureance, and i know im not going to find insureance for much less then 1500 for 6 months but a little bit cheaper would be nice... and maybe i would finally be able to take my drivers test...

basically what are some other car insureance companys(big or small) that will insure a 18 year old male, with 3 no insureance tickets, and one learners permit violation, for a bit less?

Old 01-04-2009, 03:21 AM
lostmybeer
Have a nice Beer!!!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good luck is all I can say. Trying different options myself and had a hard time. That would have been changing everything over. Truck, Car both paid off and full coverage. Boat, not paid but full coverage. Camper, paid off full coverage. The kicker of all a house as well. What a battle.

Old 01-04-2009, 12:06 PM
caseys
Posting Guru
Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by billy12360
basically what are some other car insureance companys(big or small) that will insure a 18 year old male, with 3 no insureance tickets, and one learners permit violation, for a bit less?
It is unlikely that you will find any insurance company that will insure you since you do NOT have a driver's license. Fine print that can be found in auto insurance policies reference being a "legally licensed driver" "operating a legally licensed vehicle" (the later meaning the vehicle license tabs are current and not expired). If an insurance company wants to get "picky" then can technically refuse to cover someone in an accident if their vehicle license was expired at the time of the collision...since the vehicle at that time was NOT "legally licensed".

Since it is unlikely you will find a company insure you having only a "learner's permit" ... what other options can you consider?

First it is important to get your "driver's license". This may require taking care of your previous citations first. Second, the mandatory insurance requirements do not apply to operating a motorcycle or a collector vehicle over 30 years old (these are just two of about five examples) ... if you find you can not afford the money for auto insurance.

Last edited by caseys; 01-04-2009 at 12:07 PM. Reason: clarity
Old 01-04-2009, 04:57 PM
billy12360
Elder User
Originally Posted by caseys
It is unlikely that you will find any insurance company that will insure you since you do NOT have a driver's license. Fine print that can be found in auto insurance policies reference being a "legally licensed driver" "operating a legally licensed vehicle" (the later meaning the vehicle license tabs are current and not expired). If an insurance company wants to get "picky" then can technically refuse to cover someone in an accident if their vehicle license was expired at the time of the collision...since the vehicle at that time was NOT "legally licensed".

Since it is unlikely you will find a company insure you having only a "learner's permit" ... what other options can you consider?

First it is important to get your "driver's license". This may require taking care of your previous citations first. Second, the mandatory insurance requirements do not apply to operating a motorcycle or a collector vehicle over 30 years old (these are just two of about five examples) ... if you find you can not afford the money for auto insurance.
well im glad i can drive my truck around, but do i need collector plates for it?

the other thing is i need some sort of insurance to take the drive test, im ready to take it, just waiting for a check to come in the mail, to pay off fines, and pay for a couple months of insurance, then i just have to schedule the test, if anyone in washington state would mind loaning me their car with insurance, meeting the states minumum, i would be for ever in debt to you...

Old 01-04-2009, 05:08 PM
caseys
Posting Guru
Yes, you will need collector plates for your truck...here are the details:

WA State Licensing: Collector vehicle plates

You just can not "borrow" a car with insurance to take your driving test. Since you only have a permit, you will need someone in the car with you who has at least five years of driving experience (in addition to having insurance on their car). You kinda will be borrowing the car at the time you are taking the test with the evaluator since the owner of the car has to sit it out and wait for you. Do not show up with someone's car without them being in the car with you...

Old 01-04-2009, 05:13 PM
billy12360
Elder User
Yes, you will need collector plates for your truck...here are the details:

WA State Licensing: Collector vehicle plates

You just can not "borrow" a car with insurance to take your driving test. Since you only have a permit, you will need someone in the car with you who has at least five years of driving experience (in addition to having insurance on their car). You kinda will be borrowing the car at the time you are taking the test with the evaluator since the owner of the car has to sit it out and wait for you. Do not show up with someone's car without them being in the car with you...
well i would never just show up in some one elses car with out them in the car.... the whole collector plates thing, might be worth it, but living in such a small town the cops will know that im using it as a daily driver, and from what i understand, is your not sapost to do that

Old 01-04-2009, 05:48 PM
caseys
Posting Guru
True, you are not to use a licensed collector vehicle as "daily" transportation...but you can use it for "testing" and as "a pleasure for others". Maybe you need to daily test your truck or it pleases others daily to see you driving it... just my 2-cents and it ain't worth that really. Darrington was my stomping grounds in the 60's and 70's so I understand the small town mentality.

Find someone to go with you in their car to take the test...and once you have your license, you should have an easier time getting insurance.

Old 01-04-2009, 06:10 PM
billy12360
Elder User
read the red for the easy reading again

True, you are not to use a licensed collector vehicle as "daily" transportation...but you can use it for "testing" and as "a pleasure for others". Maybe you need to daily test your truck or it pleases others daily to see you driving it... just my 2-cents and it ain't worth that really. Darrington was my stomping grounds in the 60's and 70's so I understand the small town mentality.

Find someone to go with you in their car to take the test...and once you have your license, you should have an easier time getting insurance.
yeah, i will find some one eventually to do that... but i never relized how many people are un-insured anyways, you actually hung out in darrington in the 60s and 70s? ive been living here since 1991...(i moved here at like 18 months old} and havent been able to leave since then.... tried 2 times to move to a bigger city or town... and moved to snohomish... where the 10th-12th grade classes had more students, then the entire town of darrington had as a population, each time, i was back in darrington dont know if its just because thats where home is, or because thats where truck is at, or if its because all my child hood friends live pretty close to me... or because 90% of my moms side of the family, lives within 1 minute walking distance from my house... hahahaha i live about 5 miles out side of town across the skagit county lines on sauk-suiattle indian tribe.... on my self there though.... i just cant seem to leave my home town.... dont know why... but even when i see my self as becoming a toothless redneck.... i make myself want to stay even more... maybe its just because theres a few jobs around here i want to do such as logging and work in the saw mill a few years, or the fact i love knowing everyone, or the reasons i posted above, i love this town, and probablly wont leave for decade or 2 to come.... besides, i love being able to get away with most stuff you couldnt do in everett or seattle...

anyways thank you all for the help

Old 01-04-2009, 07:21 PM
caseys
Posting Guru
There is nothing wrong with being a toothless redneck...you know who you are and you do not need dental work.

I miss the small town days of knowing everybody around you. I have been on both sides of the small town/big city fence and know there is much more to being small town then big city. Now that I can retire...we are looking at returning to small town.

Keep us posted on getting your license. Have fun, and be safe...

Old 01-04-2009, 07:45 PM
billy12360
Elder User
There is nothing wrong with being a toothless redneck...you know who you are and you do not need dental work.

I miss the small town days of knowing everybody around you. I have been on both sides of the small town/big city fence and know there is much more to being small town then big city. Now that I can retire...we are looking at returning to small town.

Keep us posted on getting your license. Have fun, and be safe...

yeah i know theres nuthing wrong with being a toothless redneck... i lost half of my front teeth.... when i was 6 or 7... and been a redneck for as long as i can remember...

well if you move back to darrington let me know lol... lol and i will deffently keep you posted on the liceness stuff... i just simply dont understand that one, i NEED insurence to take the test, but no one will sell me a insurence policy because i dont have a liceness...