Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2007+ Expedition & Navigator
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2007+ Expedition & Navigator 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-03-2009, 02:45 PM
Senior User

gpfarrell is starting off with a positive reputation.
EBauer -vs- Limited

Aside from the exterior appearance, is there really much difference between the Eddie Bauer and the Limited?

I see the Limited has a 10-way passenger seat, and the heated/cooled seats... otherwise what am I missing?

I really like the Limiteds, but I'm thinking of a used/Certified 2008 EL and it seems the Eddies are available for about $6,000 less.

Also, is there any reason not to get an '07, or a big reason to get an '09... versus a gently used '08?

I'd be using it as a family getaway/vacation vehicle, not a daily driver.

Thanks much!
Old 01-03-2009, 05:27 PM
Elder User

montecarlo31 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I'd wait for a 09 for 1 reason. It sports a brand new revised 6R80 (07/08 are 6R75). I think this alone is worth the wait. The new 6 speeds are butter smooth and if you tow at all they pull great with their new tow haul mode vs the OD lock out.
Old 01-04-2009, 08:21 AM
Posting Guru

wiingnut is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
That 6R80 is a nice box. But gettin back to the limited-eb debate, I've had both in an explorer and cant remember too much difference. What the limited had in standard equip the eb had in options. The only difference for me was the two tone compared to the monocromatic paint. That's it. Liked both vehicles
Old 01-06-2009, 04:26 PM
Senior User

function12 is starting off with a positive reputation.
You can get all the same interior option in the EB but you can't get the same exterior options.
I believe most limited had nav, heated/cooled seats, rear entertainment, rear vent windows open, and parking assist.
Old 01-06-2009, 06:33 PM
Old, tired and grouchy

Old93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputation
Cant vouch for the new exploders, but in the older ones the limited seemed to have more features than the E.B. My 97 limited even after 12 yrs everything still works, including all the electronics!
84 Ranger 4x4 2.8 V-6 5spd......474,000 miles!
Dave
Oregon Assistant Chapter leader: To join the Oregon Chapter, click HERE
Old 01-06-2009, 11:29 PM
Senior User

williamsplumbing is starting off with a positive reputation.
I think about this every time this subject comes up, depreciation, cost, etc...In 05 I bought an 06 Explorer Limited, every thing on it. I paid 500 over invoice, what ever that means. No down, credit union owned it, totally upside down. In 06 it got totaled, single car accident, the insurance company sent me a check for 1300 after they paid it off. Why?? Because of the way it was bought, the car it was, and the stuff that was on it.
Hence forth, my last new car, the 08 Expy Limited, has every thing on it.....I won't buy it any other way........
Old 01-06-2009, 11:29 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2007+ Expedition & Navigator

Tags
6r75, 6r80, ford