1961 - 1966 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Slick Sixties Ford Truck

This Is What Is Wrong With This Country!

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 10:00 AM
daves54
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This Is What Is Wrong With This Country!

WHY IS THERE AN AD FOR A TOYOTA CREDIT CARD ON A FORD WEB SITE!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-03-2009, 10:49 AM
Bill W
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
If you become a supporter, all that stuff disappears. no more adds in the fourms.

Old 01-03-2009, 03:57 PM
Customcab
Postmaster
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I usually do pay attention to those pop-ups and can't read well anyway. LOL

Old 01-03-2009, 04:18 PM
daves54
Elder User
bill thanks for the tip. as soon as paypal goes thru i will be a supporter. hopefully not an athletic.lol but just because i can not see it does not mean it is not there!!!

Old 01-03-2009, 05:15 PM
Jigsaw
Tuned
I'm sure it helps pay the bills ..........

Old 01-03-2009, 06:08 PM
garbz2
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Because this is a privately owned web site......which makes money every time you view or click that ad......Need to read the fine print when you sign up...

Garbz

Old 01-04-2009, 02:30 PM
daves54
Elder User
I don't need to read an fine print! Eveybodys got a pet peeve foriegn cars is mine. America would be alot better off if people bought more AMERICAN MADE CARS! The other companies only assembe cars here because they can only import so many fully assembled cars, else they would not even do that!

Old 01-04-2009, 05:27 PM
masterqi
Senior User
Give me a break, some foreign cars are more American than some American cars.

Does "Made in America" Still Mean Anything for Cars?

As for pet peeves, one of mine is people who SHOUT ON MESSAGE BOARDS BY WRITING IN ALL CAPS!

Old 01-04-2009, 05:41 PM
Redmanbob
Logistics Pro
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If t weren't for the 300k competition you'd still be driving a 75k landmark USA turd. Face it it was a GOD send!! Wake up and smell the coffee!! It's time we looked deep at ourselves as a country and asked... WTF do I want today, and how much do I wanna pay for it. I don't own a japanese vehicle, and don't plan to: But they did make us pull our heads outa our AZZ!! As a DIY guy now I hope to resto/refurb a (built to last 50's-60's)Ford to a state that will last me my lifetime and be **** grinning happy about it!!!

Old 01-04-2009, 08:05 PM
slo5.0
Junior User
A byproduct of competion, is a better product.

Old 01-05-2009, 03:50 PM
ddavidv
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by masterqi
As for pet peeves, one of mine is people who SHOUT ON MESSAGE BOARDS BY WRITING IN ALL CAPS!

All of the cars we own are "imports".
One is a collector car. One is a race car (spec series, so no choice). The other is my wife's car. All were bought used, so I have virtually no impact on the American economy as far as new car sales. I do get tired of people trying to categorize me as some kind of un-American nitwit though simply because I buy products that best suit my needs.
My company car is a domestic sedan made by Brand D. It's the most poorly built of all but the vintage British car. We make good trucks, but we sure don't do small cars very well.

Old 01-05-2009, 04:14 PM
Virto
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by slo5.0
A byproduct of competion, is a better product.
Very true. Instead of crying about it, automakers should build us some cars that we actually want to buy. They already make several, they just have to get them certified for US crash regulations and then they can start producing them here. The Mondeo is an excellent example.

As for anyone that says I'm not supporting America because I don't buy domestic, please, get over yourselves.

Old 01-05-2009, 06:58 PM
Hakk
Senior User
Everyone has an excuse why it isn't their fault - I guess that shows that some people who buy foreign cars feel guilty at some level at least. They aren't totally oblivious to the damage they are doing.

I agree that competition is good, but I won't buy a foreign car. I don't care where the car is assembled, if the profits are shipped overseas they are not helping the USA. The low paid people putting the car together are a small part of the workforce.

Also I judge anyone I see in a foreign car. I don't care whether you bought it new or used. You are affecting re-sale value of the car, which is the same thing in my book. I feel like these people don't care about our country and they are a part of the reason why this country is having problems. If you don't like that, too bad. I'd also bet I'm not the only one who judges you!

Old 01-05-2009, 07:02 PM
th1567
Senior User
Politics on the forum pages?? My, my! Buyers of cars built by foreign owned companies are not traitors or disloyal or whatever....Hey I bought a T100 when they first came out...oh it was reliable enough, in fact it never had a problem in the four years I owned it...but I hated that truck on any kind of drive...I just didn't fit in the seat...once I got rid of that thing..I went back to my Fords..Now, I own 6 vehicles, all Ford, 4 old trucks, 1 Taurus S/W, 1 Aspire

Competition has indeed made the newer cars better and better, no doubt about it.

Today, American car makers (Ford, GM, Chrysler) put out products that are every bit as good as Toyota, Nissan, Mitsubishi etc...and I've got the cars to prove it...that '00 Taurus is great and the '95 Aspire is fantastic 186K miles NEVER breaks. They are a decade or so old now...but logic dictates the new cars are even better.

Unions have destroyed the Big 3, period end of story, they have stifled assembly innovation, demanded increasing wages and benefits and so on, ad infinitum and now we are bailing out these corporations?

Here's an eye opening video... detnews.com | Webvideo | Ford's most advanced assembly plant operates in rural Brazil

View it and weep.

TH1567
Go American, or go home. Is that Xenophobic enough for you?

Old 01-05-2009, 07:14 PM
Hakk
Senior User
Originally Posted by th1567
Unions have destroyed the Big 3, period end of story, they have stifled assembly innovation, demanded increasing wages and benefits and so on, ad infinitum and now we are bailing out these corporations?
I don't blame the union for trying to get more for their workers. That is the main function of a union. I do think the big 3 made deals that were too generous.

I think you are saying we shouldn't bail them out and I agree with that. The main point I'm making is that national pride and loyalty are not big here in the USA. My old Fords run great. People choose what they choose, I don't think there's anything wrong with the cars made by the big 3. It's amazing how great of a job they are doing saddled as they are by the unions.

Quick Reply: This Is What Is Wrong With This Country!