Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Super Duty & Heavy Duty 1999 to current Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines SPONSORED BY:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-02-2009, 06:13 PM
Senior User

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs is starting off with a positive reputation.
5 beeps 5 times

it seems like recently almost everytime I start my truck it beeps 5 beeps 5 times. so it beeps 25 times. what could this be and how do i get rid of it. I wear my seatbelt so it is not that. there has to be a relay or something to stop the dam thing from doing it.
Old 01-02-2009, 06:51 PM
Post Fiend

99f350sd is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.99f350sd is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
My bros e 350 2003 does the same thing has him pulling his hair out..
USAF 76-80
CX500 TURBO ORIG OWNER
Old 01-02-2009, 06:56 PM
Senior User

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs is starting off with a positive reputation.
ya it is driving me crazy it is annoying as all hell!!!!
Old 01-02-2009, 07:05 PM
Postmaster

Fordfanatic4life has a very good reputation on FTE.Fordfanatic4life has a very good reputation on FTE.Fordfanatic4life has a very good reputation on FTE.Fordfanatic4life has a very good reputation on FTE.
disconnect the battery for a few mins and reconnect it..

see if it resets whateva alarm is tripped..doubtful but worth the hassle of losing ur radio presets i guess.

"list of previous owned Fords much to long to list here.."
Old 01-02-2009, 07:07 PM
Posting Guru

scraprat is a splendid one to beholdscraprat is a splendid one to beholdscraprat is a splendid one to beholdscraprat is a splendid one to beholdscraprat is a splendid one to beholdscraprat is a splendid one to beholdscraprat is a splendid one to behold
My '99' does this it will keep cycling the beep every 20 minutes +/-, there was a thread on here year or 2 ago about what it was and how to fix it. Keep the music up and if you have passenger and ask what's that beeping play it off that you don't hear anything it will drive them crazy.
Old 01-02-2009, 07:12 PM
Elder User

dew the thunder is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
My friend's F150 was making beeping noises but had other problems as well. Radio not working properly and windows not working properly... ended up replacing the GEM module. All's fine now I guess.
18X9 XD Badlands, 285/65 Dune Grapplers, Doug Thorley Headers, K&N, Chrome Grille, New headlights & corners, Bilsteins, Clear Cab Lights, White Lightning bar, LED dome lights, SCT LiveWire, LED 3rd brake light, FM 40, SuperWinch hubs, LED Tails
Current Works In Progress - 1996 4.6L Thunderbird and 2000 Audi A4 1.8TQM
Old 01-02-2009, 07:28 PM
Posting Guru

scraprat is a splendid one to beholdscraprat is a splendid one to beholdscraprat is a splendid one to beholdscraprat is a splendid one to beholdscraprat is a splendid one to beholdscraprat is a splendid one to beholdscraprat is a splendid one to behold
I found my thread from years ago.
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/16...tone-code.html
But someone posted what the problem was and the fix. Never fixed mine, just learn to ignore the noise. That truck has 240,000 miles on it and nothing ever went wrong with it.
Old 01-02-2009, 08:48 PM
Post Fiend

projectSHO89 has much to be proud ofprojectSHO89 has much to be proud ofprojectSHO89 has much to be proud ofprojectSHO89 has much to be proud ofprojectSHO89 has much to be proud ofprojectSHO89 has much to be proud ofprojectSHO89 has much to be proud ofprojectSHO89 has much to be proud ofprojectSHO89 has much to be proud of
Wow..

The 5 x 5 beep is the backup alarm for the airbag system. This is in the owner's manual.

Replace the airbag warning lite in the cluster and the beeping will go away. Now, with a primary warning indicator that works, you can count the flashes to get a two-digit lamp Fault Code (LFC) that will guide you towards diagnosing the fault in the airbag system.

Steve
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” - Mark Twain
Old 01-03-2009, 09:56 AM
Senior User

Yougotthehit is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectSHO89 View Post
Wow..

The 5 x 5 beep is the backup alarm for the airbag system. This is in the owner's manual.

Replace the airbag warning lite in the cluster and the beeping will go away. Now, with a primary warning indicator that works, you can count the flashes to get a two-digit lamp Fault Code (LFC) that will guide you towards diagnosing the fault in the airbag system.

Steve
What he said! I had this issue when I pulled the airbag light because it annoyed me. When I did that the beeping started. Put it back in and it went away. Found about it was a backup.
Old 01-04-2009, 05:36 PM
Super Moderator

Krewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectSHO89 View Post
Wow..

Rep points for that
'97 Cougar XR7 30th Anniv Edition 4.6L
'74 F250 Highboy FE390 deceased!
I've been wrong before, I'll be wrong again. Just wait and see. ®
Old 06-16-2010, 12:53 PM
New User

RLF350 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Fixed the 5 beep sequence

I too had about 100,000 on my 2002 F-350 when every time I started it there was a 5-beep chime sequence for 5 sets (or 25 beeps). Took it to a mechanic and they couldn't find anything wrong.

I found this blog while searching for a solution, and it is so obvious I can't believe I didn't notice it before. You guys were all so close SRS, ABS, but here's the fix...

Notice on your dashboard there is a passenger-side airbag on/off switch. Now think about the amber indicator lamp on the instrument panel (lower right-hand corner) with a guy sitting with an airbag inflated? Remember how annoying it was when that light was on all the time -- its to remind you to disable the airbag if you have a small child or infant sitting in the front seat. Cars don't have it, because they have a back seat -- of course your truck probably does too, but remember FORD builds one dash cluster which also is in the standard cab!

OK -- now I bet along about the time you heard those beeps, that little light was not on anymore? AH HA! Yes -- you will also get the same beeps if you mess with your Check Engine light.

Remove the radio (get a Ford radio removal tool at WalMart) then carefully remove the dash cowling - no tools use your fingers as they are all snap connectors, Remove the instrument cluster with a 9/32 socket, disconnect the 3 wire harnesses plugged in back. flip the cluster upside down, you remove the lights from the backside, DON'T try to peel up the instrumentation graphics.

Notice the location of the airbag lamp, take a 9/32 socket and gently turn the lamp holder a 1/8 turn counter-clockwise, and the holder should pop-out. Easier said then done, you will notice that it is the hardest lamp to get to.

Get a replacement bulb at any auto parts store (the bulb pulls out of the holder, you do not need to buy the entire unit from Ford). replace, reinstall the panel, dash and radio and start your truck. No beeps!!!

Last edited by RLF350; 06-16-2010 at 12:58 PM. Reason: Make sure everyone knows to remove the bulb from the back.
Old 06-16-2010, 01:07 PM
Posting Guru

TennesseeMustangPerf has a good reputation on FTE.TennesseeMustangPerf has a good reputation on FTE.
Good deal. BTW, the SRS and ABS systems are different things. SRS is Safety Restraint System i.e. airbags, the ABS is Anti-Lock Brake System.

"Seat heaters are God's way of saying 'No matter how bad your day may be, it could always be worse. You could have all this happen to you and your bum not be pleasantly toasted.'"
Old 11-02-2011, 12:16 PM
New User

dboftx is starting off with a positive reputation.
Easy fix for 5-beep issue

First of all, a huge THANK YOU to everyone in here and in other forums for all the info on the cause of the "5 beeps 5 times" issue. The problem in my 2000 Expedition was a burnt out airbag warning light, as explained earlier (probably burnt out because I ignored it for so long). The instructions in this thread are great for replacing the bulb (BTW, mine was a tiny little bulb, type 74 I think).

Beyond that, the root cause of the airbag warning was incredibly easy to fix, so I thought I'd post it here in case others have the same issue. From searching many online forums, I learned that my airbag fault code, 37, is very common. It's a warning for a passenger seat airbag. Even if you don't have the airbag in the seat, you still have a connector for it under the passenger seat, which plugs into some type of termination plug. This can easily get kicked or disturbed from stuff being pushed under the seat. To fix the error, simply unplug and reseat the connector. Works like a charm!

The beeping was driving me insane, SO glad to have it fixed!
Old 11-10-2014, 10:19 AM
New User

Sharlee Kuchynka is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EaTmYtAiLpIpEs View Post
it seems like recently almost everytime I start my truck it beeps 5 beeps 5 times. so it beeps 25 times. what could this be and how do i get rid of it. I wear my seatbelt so it is not that. there has to be a relay or something to stop the dam thing from doing it.
Have u checked the passenger air bag light? Ours is beeping the same way, think its the airbag bulb..
Old 11-10-2014, 11:14 AM
Post Fiend

projectSHO89 has much to be proud ofprojectSHO89 has much to be proud ofprojectSHO89 has much to be proud ofprojectSHO89 has much to be proud ofprojectSHO89 has much to be proud ofprojectSHO89 has much to be proud ofprojectSHO89 has much to be proud ofprojectSHO89 has much to be proud ofprojectSHO89 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharlee Kuchynka View Post
Have u checked the passenger air bag light? Ours is beeping the same way, think its the airbag bulb..
You need to read this WHOLE thread. The answer is already here.

The beeping is a backup for the fault light in the cluster. It means that you have to fix that first, then that bulb can flash out a code that actually tells you what's wrong. The PAD bulb is one of more than a dozen possibilities.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” - Mark Twain
Old 11-10-2014, 11:14 AM