Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Canadian National Chapter > British Columbia
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

British Columbia British Columbia
Join Chapter, Leader: Zip

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-02-2009, 01:20 PM
Postmaster

Saleenguy has a very good reputation on FTE.Saleenguy has a very good reputation on FTE.Saleenguy has a very good reputation on FTE.Saleenguy has a very good reputation on FTE.
Who would be interested in meeting up next year.

I thought it might be fun to meet up with some or all of you.

We can do whatever the group decides, but a few suggestions might be to meet in the ashcroft/cache creek area when the drags are on.
Or if you like we would be willing to host a party.
Those with tents, campers etc can even camp on our property and plug into the house for power.
We have about 3/4 acre that is not totally flat, but fairly flat you can park on.
bring a dirt bike/ quad etc and explore, have a fire and cook hotdogs etc.

Or we could choose a lkae in BC and have an FTE fishing derby, say each entrant throws in $20 and the biggest fish on say a saturday takes the pot.
Just ideas, please post if interested, and also your ideas.

Thanks

Saleen aka Marty
I am Marty, Official Slackmaster #13.
Also proud to have a great wife, and 2 sometimes wonderful kids.

BC Chapter Member, also Nebraska, SC, NC, Wyoming, Maryland, NY, Mass, Oregon, NH, WI, Sask/Manitoba Chapters because the people are great....I can always join more, so if you want me just invite me.
Old 01-02-2009, 02:16 PM
BC Chapter LDR

Zip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputation
Last year we had one set up for Vernon and due to schedules and folks not working at the time in kind of fell through and only one member actually made it.

I would love to set something up and you have some pretty good suggestions there. If we are going to try to get something setup the sooner we start the better.
Chris,#12 BS'er/Official Slackmaster #7/AVIDEST WINTER HATER WITH SLEDS
BC Chapter Member/Leader
JOIN THE BC CHAPTER HERE
Zoodad Mod, Blue Spring, Sinister Coolant Filter, Tripple Gauge Pod, Scangauge II, Leveling Kit, Straight Piped
Old 01-02-2009, 02:34 PM
Posting Legend

preppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud of
Im heading out to BC with the boat this up coming summer and would like to meet up with some folks along the way. I always have liked meets, but they are pretty hard to plan.

A good fist fight never hurts anyone... except my opponent.
Old 01-02-2009, 03:49 PM
BC Chapter LDR

Zip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputation
A camping trip in Manning Park has been discussed as well.
BC Chapter Member/Leader
JOIN THE BC CHAPTER HERE
Zoodad Mod, Blue Spring, Sinister Coolant Filter, Tripple Gauge Pod, Scangauge II, Leveling Kit, Straight Piped
Old 01-02-2009, 04:36 PM
Postmaster

Saleenguy has a very good reputation on FTE.Saleenguy has a very good reputation on FTE.Saleenguy has a very good reputation on FTE.Saleenguy has a very good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip View Post
A camping trip in Manning Park has been discussed as well.
Thats doable for us, as long as its not in June or early July.

I am racing baja in june, and early july i am going to jetski races.

but we have a camper, and like to camp.

Anyone got dates to suggest?

I am pretty sure that from about July 10th to late august we can make most if not all dates work.

BC Chapter Member, also Nebraska, SC, NC, Wyoming, Maryland, NY, Mass, Oregon, NH, WI, Sask/Manitoba Chapters because the people are great....I can always join more, so if you want me just invite me.
Old 01-03-2009, 10:55 AM
Posting Guru

warriormama has a good reputation on FTE.warriormama has a good reputation on FTE.
Hopefully when a weekend is decided, it is one that Al is home from Ft. Mac so we can come too. We are pretty open to camping just about anywhere. And we have the Argo now to do some exploring in too. Just would mean either using the tent instead of tent trailer, which is just fine with me or bringing two vehicles.

You might be a redneck if : you think the last words to the Star Spangled Banner are, "gentlemen start your engines"

BC Chapter Member
Old 01-03-2009, 10:55 AM
Posting Guru

warriormama has a good reputation on FTE.warriormama has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by preppypyro View Post
Im heading out to BC with the boat this up coming summer and would like to meet up with some folks along the way. I always have liked meets, but they are pretty hard to plan.

And just where in BC would you be heading? Our way perhaps?

You might be a redneck if : you think the last words to the Star Spangled Banner are, "gentlemen start your engines"

BC Chapter Member
Old 01-03-2009, 11:58 AM
Posting Legend

preppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud of
Not too sure Val, gonna go to harrison lake pretty much for sure, and the rest of the time we can go where ever, take a different route home to make a meet or whatever.

Still gotta get kristen away from that fella, so i might coax here into coming back to sask with me too... haha

A good fist fight never hurts anyone... except my opponent.
Old 01-03-2009, 12:08 PM
Posting Guru

sedly is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.sedly is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Sound's good to me,Im in.
I will just try to fit in whatever date gets decided on.
The camping idea sound's really good to me.
Old 01-03-2009, 01:18 PM
Postmaster

Quote:
Not too sure Val, gonna go to harrison lake pretty much for sure, and the rest of the time we can go where ever, take a different route home to make a meet or whatever.

Still gotta get kristen away from that fella, so i might coax here into coming back to sask with me too... haha
Its nice there, the wife and I have gone a few times for a weekend get away.

Cool sand building contest late summer as well.

Old 01-03-2009, 02:50 PM
BC Chapter LDR

Quote:

Don't give up buddy. Someday she will be yours.
BC Chapter Member/Leader
JOIN THE BC CHAPTER HERE
Old 01-07-2009, 11:16 AM
Elder User

R031Kona is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Being the member who actually made it to the "meet" I am good with just about anywhere but fishing. The wife won't camp unless we can scare up a small trailer to use......but being in Kamloops puts me in a good spot for just about anywhere on a day trip.
Old 01-07-2009, 11:52 AM
Posting Guru

Quote:

Good luck

BC Chapter Member
Old 01-07-2009, 02:25 PM
Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by R031Kona View Post
Being the member who actually made it to the "meet" I am good with just about anywhere but fishing. The wife won't camp unless we can scare up a small trailer to use......but being in Kamloops puts me in a good spot for just about anywhere on a day trip.
My wife is not a tenting type either, hence why we have a big camper with all the comforts.
Honestly, I would rather just have a tent and sleeping bag, and cook over a fire.
A lot less hassle than hauling this thing around.

Old 01-07-2009, 10:35 PM
BC Chapter LDR

Quote:
Originally Posted by R031Kona View Post
I still feel bad about not being able to make it. As for the trailer just go out and buy her one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saleenguy View Post
My wife is not a tenting type either, hence why we have a big camper with all the comforts.
Honestly, I would rather just have a tent and sleeping bag, and cook over a fire.
A lot less hassle than hauling this thing around.
I felt the same way until one reunion we had. We stayed in a tent while my parents and my sister's families stayed in their motorhome and trailers.

We now have 30' of 5th wheel which we rough it in.
BC Chapter Member/Leader
JOIN THE BC CHAPTER HERE
Old 01-07-2009, 10:35 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Canadian National Chapter > British Columbia