General Automotive Discussion

Ok Ok then what does Ford need to do to get their MOJO back?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 03:22 PM
preppypyro
FTE Legend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Wendell, Ive looked through car and truck magazines over the years too, and I kinda know what you mean that the domestics do get bashed a little more. The only difference I see, is that now they are getting better reviews, and not bashed as much, and at the same time, they claim to be raising their quality.

That tells me that maybe they should have been bashed (somewhat) in the past on some things.

I agree with saleenguy, every company makes some lemons. Ive had some lemons from alot of companies, imports, and Ford included. (mainly talking about cares here)

When it comes to trucks I wont change anything from buying ford, havent found a reason to yet. Ford cars, cant say the same!

Old 01-10-2009, 03:56 PM
crazyeddie
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I try not to bash foreign vehicles because most of them are of fairly good quality.

I do however, bash the people that fly the American flag in their front yard that have a garage full of Toyotas and the rising-sun tatooed on their bicept, that blame our economic problems on the "failing" Big-3... They wouldn't be "failing" if you were buying American!

I'm not saying that if you own a Toyota you'll be thrown in the lake of fire, but I see so many foreign die-hards that just don't get the big picture. When you buy American, you're stimulating the economy.

Old 01-10-2009, 04:28 PM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,219 Likes on 802 Posts
Originally Posted by preppypyro
I really disagree with your OPINION that the media has brainwashed people into thinking certain things about different vehicles. Do you think the media brainwashed people into buying f150's and making them the most popular pickup truck? Or does your theory only work that way against imports? Im betting it does.

Also if ford had a rust problem with their ranger, the reason why the media would be over it, is because ford would try and blame every other person in the world then take responsibility for it.

Ever read about the 6 liter diesel fiasco? Or wait let me guess, it was navistars fault eh lol.

Im also wondering, if I got a ford fusion that was used and abused given to me, and I had to go put money into it to get it back up to par, would it make that car a POS? Tim, could you answer that one for me?

First of all, my intregrity is all I have on this site. I have nothing to gain by being dishonest or less than forthcoming with the whole truth. If the car had been used hard, first of all, I would have said so and secondly, I would have no grounds to call it a POS. The car was a one owner driven daily on the freeway between Hampton, Va and Richmond, Va which is about 70 miles each way. All service including oil changes was performed by a Honda dealer and lifetime brakes and exhaust from Midas. The owner was not mechanically inclined. He is a computer engineer or what ever they call themselves. The car had several issues during his ownership as well. A CV axle went bad, ignition module and a sensor, (forgot which one). I've had to replace the axle again along with the other one and the ignition module again as well.

To answer your question my good friend, if you recieved anything made by anyone and it was abused and required work, then no, it isn't a POS. Thanks for keeping me in check, you rock!

Tim

Old 01-10-2009, 05:47 PM
Faber
Elder User
Originally Posted by wendell borror
I thought the ford F-150 claimed the highest tow rating in it's class with the new 09 F-150.
.....good!

Old 01-10-2009, 05:59 PM
wendell borror
Post Fiend
The only 2 instances that ford blamed those at fault was firestone and international and rightfully so. Let the chips fall where they may. This is a tipical reason why I get pissed, I'm allways haveing to defend ford to some japanese car lover on a ford site, may I rest my case. It's not going to work today, I'm not going to loose my cool and go off on the japanese junk, I mean cars. Yoda doesn't have to defend thier short commings as it isn't talked about. The best I can tell anyone, is if ford offends you so much or thier vehicles are junk, then don't buy them. At the same time, don't waste the time of ford guy's on this site having to defend ford to the japanese. Preppypryro, you haven't stated why your posting on a ford site, other than to point out fords short commings capared to the japanese. Do you have anything good to say about ford, is there anything that you like? The bashing wouldn't be bad if there's was some positive comments as well. With all your post, you must have had some good things to talk about reguarding ford. You certainly couldn't have 28,000 posts of ford bashing. If your ford put downs are to convince me that ford is a corrupt company and there no good. "well", it's not working. I was raised on ford money, my dad still eats off of ford money. I have had nothing but good luck with ford, love thier vehicles and have a life time of good memories in fords. From my first kiss, to my first trophy, my first roll over ect, ect, blah, blah. I'm going to turn this around. Do you think it's fare that I have to waste my time defending ford on this ford site all of the time? When the reason I come here is to share my love and interst of ford trucks and other ford vehicles. Not that everything concerning ford has to be positive, but who more would have the right to bitch than those who have owned fords thier whole life and who will allways buy fords. If I'm not complaining, why are you? I'm sure those at the yoda forums would love to hear and agree with your opinions of ford. I would personally like to take the weekend off, I allready said japanese cars are good and ford isn't allways perfect. Now lets let it go at that, instead of talking about how nasty ford is for blaming everyone else for thier junk and not taking resposability for thier crappy cars and mistakes. We've now established that ford is bad, the japanese are good, fords quality sucks and they will go bankrupt. Just let me wallow in my stupidity for buying ford in pease. "Thank you"!!!!

Old 01-10-2009, 06:58 PM
preppypyro
FTE Legend
Originally Posted by tseekins
[/b]

First of all, my intregrity is all I have on this site. I have nothing to gain by being dishonest or less than forthcoming with the whole truth. If the car had been used hard, first of all, I would have said so and secondly, I would have no grounds to call it a POS. The car was a one owner driven daily on the freeway between Hampton, Va and Richmond, Va which is about 70 miles each way. All service including oil changes was performed by a Honda dealer and lifetime brakes and exhaust from Midas. The owner was not mechanically inclined. He is a computer engineer or what ever they call themselves. The car had several issues during his ownership as well. A CV axle went bad, ignition module and a sensor, (forgot which one). I've had to replace the axle again along with the other one and the ignition module again as well.

To answer your question my good friend, if you recieved anything made by anyone and it was abused and required work, then no, it isn't a POS. Thanks for keeping me in check, you rock!

Tim
First of all Im glad you dont take offense in my question

Second, i really cant say much for that owner if you got the car from the owner and you had to do all that work. It just doesnt sound like the guy took care of it. Some of the things do for sure sound like you had to replace them a little sooner then necessary. Like the steering in your taurus too. All im trying to point out (again Im sure you remember ) is it sure sounds like(from the few posts Ive read about it) you got a car that wasnt taken care of, and there begins the fine line if its really a POS or not!

I agree with your answer to my question though, a car that was used and abused that a person has to do alot of repairs on, isnt a pos. Glad we are on the same page

Old 01-10-2009, 07:23 PM
tseekins
Super Moderator
First of all Im glad you dont take offense in my question

Second, i really cant say much for that owner if you got the car from the owner and you had to do all that work. It just doesnt sound like the guy took care of it. Some of the things do for sure sound like you had to replace them a little sooner then necessary. Like the steering in your taurus too. All im trying to point out (again Im sure you remember ) is it sure sounds like(from the few posts Ive read about it) you got a car that wasnt taken care of, and there begins the fine line if its really a POS or not!

I agree with your answer to my question though, a car that was used and abused that a person has to do alot of repairs on, isnt a pos. Glad we are on the same page
We're always on the same page as I typically learn something from your very insightful posts. In the automotive world, be us a consumer or a shark, knowledge is power. This fella in question is my neighbor. He presented me with all the original repair invoices and maintanence records. The dude was actually quite thorough, that was the only reason why I decided to take the car. I had my eyes on a mid '90's Nissan sentra that had a rebuilt engine and a new clutch for $2500.00. I took a chance on the free Honda and came out about the same. Knock on wood, the car has been symptom free for about 11 months. My daughter is getting married next Friday and the car and her new husband and her are moving to Illinois.

Truth be told, I would buy a NEW honda or a NEW Toyota (0NLY) if I could get the deal that I want and the deal that I typically get from the Ford dealer. I will never buy another used car or truck unless I could find one with less than 5k on the odo and I could still get the deal that I want.

Take care!

Tim

Old 01-10-2009, 07:30 PM
preppypyro
FTE Legend
The only 2 instances that ford blamed those at fault was firestone and international and rightfully so.
Oh how so? Ford had NOTHING to do with the problems?

Let the chips fall where they may. This is a tipical reason why I get pissed, I'm allways haveing to defend ford to some japanese car lover on a ford site, may I rest my case.
Got me wrong bud, I own 5 or 6 ford vehicles, and have had well over 50 in my life, if anything Im MORE of a ford lover then you. I got it through my head when I was about 12 years old that they had problems with some of their products throughout the years, thats the only difference between you and I.

The best I can tell anyone, is if ford offends you so much or thier vehicles are junk, then don't buy them. At the same time, don't waste the time of ford guy's on this site having to defend ford to the japanese.
Again good sir, this isnt a ford enthusiast site, its a ford TRUCK enthusiast site.

Preppypryro, you haven't stated why your posting on a ford site, other than to point out fords short commings capared to the japanese.
Didnt know I had to state why I post on here, and no one asked. Feel free to ask me anything that you wish to know, Im not shy, I'll answer!

Do you have anything good to say about ford, is there anything that you like? The bashing wouldn't be bad if there's was some positive comments as well. With all your post, you must have had some good things to talk about reguarding ford. You certainly couldn't have 28,000 posts of ford bashing.
Tons of great things to say about ford TRUCKS. After all this is a ford TRUCK site, thats what brought me here. Im not so damn blind that I will look past a trucks problems though. Wanna chat about the early 6 liter diesel blowing head gaskets? Wanna chat about how ford made a fairly weak tranny in my 03 7.3 liter ford? I wont look past em even if I love my truck. How are you gonna defend those common ford problems?

If your ford put downs are to convince me that ford is a corrupt company and there no good. "well", it's not working. I was raised on ford money, my dad still eats off of ford money. I have had nothing but good luck with ford, love thier vehicles and have a life time of good memories in fords. From my first kiss, to my first trophy, my first roll over ect, ect, blah, blah. I'm going to turn this around.
Sounds like your DAD worked very hard, and provided for his family very well. Have you ever thanked him? It was him that provided for you good sir, not Ford. I have nothing against the fact that your loyal to them at all, but good sir you need to wake up and realize they have their problems. Denial is an ugly thing no matter what the subject.

Do you think it's fare that I have to waste my time defending ford on this ford site all of the time? When the reason I come here is to share my love and interst of ford trucks and other ford vehicles.
Good sir, how you choose to "waste your time" on here is your own business. I personally wonder why you dont do a little research into the bad parts about ford, and try to understand them, and brainstorm how they can solve some of their problems. All I have ever seen you say is ford is the best. Great opinion, I say that all the time, but when the time comes to talk about the ugly, I can admit the ugly, talk about the ugly, and brainstorm to help turn the ugly, pretty. Will it ever make a real difference, who knows.

Not that everything concerning ford has to be positive, but who more would have the right to bitch than those who have owned fords thier whole life and who will allways buy fords.
I agree not everything has to be positive, i choose to chat about the negative too. I buy ford products so i feel I bought the "right" to yap about them both good and bad!
Now you say you have bought Fords all your life, I can respect that, and admire that. The problem lies though, is when you make these comments about japanese junk. I see you spout them all the time, but good sir, you dont know a damn thing about that japanese junk! Youve never owned one, ever (right?) so you would be the worst person in the world to listen to when it comes to talking about imports. You can have your opinion, but good sir, what is it based on? Sureley not consumer reports!

If I'm not complaining, why are you? I'm sure those at the yoda forums would love to hear and agree with your opinions of ford. I would personally like to take the weekend off, I allready said japanese cars are good and ford isn't allways perfect. Now lets let it go at that, instead of talking about how nasty ford is for blaming everyone else for thier junk and not taking resposability for thier crappy cars and mistakes. We've now established that ford is bad, the japanese are good, fords quality sucks and they will go bankrupt. Just let me wallow in my stupidity for buying ford in pease. "Thank you"!!!!
I buy Ford, I have a right to complain about them Not really sure why you feel you always have to defend Ford, but if there is alot of people complaining about them, does it occur to you that maybe there is something to complain about? Not trying to be a smartass, but it only makes sense. Im sure we can agree the imports arent always perfect either, but Ive never seen you discuss Fords problems, or not so great products. I dont think you could discuss them, could you?
When ford screws up Il be one of the first to complain about it, cause of the love I have for MOST of their product. As a customer, I have every right too. If you want to preach that Ford is great and imports are junk, your gonna get replies from guys like me that have owned a little of everything. No one is out to change your opinion, but dont try to tell me my truck is black, when in reality, its white! (little analogy there )

Old 01-10-2009, 07:57 PM
preppypyro
FTE Legend
We're always on the same page as I typically learn something from your very insightful posts. My daughter is getting married next Friday and the car and her new husband and her are moving to Illinois.
As do i learn from your posts. I really do enjoy debating with you too. Good and bad Congrats on your daughter too!

Truth be told, I would buy a NEW honda or a NEW Toyota (0NLY) if I could get the deal that I want and the deal that I typically get from the Ford dealer. I will never buy another used car or truck unless I could find one with less than 5k on the odo and I could still get the deal that I want.
Honestly today i would (and have) check out a new ford, EVEN a car (some of them) We are in the market for a suv, and have owned a few jeep grand cherokees in the past. We went and took one for a drive, and it was awesome! We went to ford and took a smaller escape for a drive. We took one for a drive a few years ago, and it was crappy. This new one we took out, was a whole different breed of vehicle. It was AWESOME! I have read alot about the ford fusions, and they are top notch too. I still wouldnt take a new focus (yet) but Ford is showing some good improvements, and they look to be some good competition for the imports. Would be nice to have a choice between honda, toyota, and ford!

Old 01-10-2009, 09:20 PM
Faber
Elder User
wanna be the best?....look at what you do worste.
want people to care what you think?....talk about what you can back with personal experience.

Old 01-10-2009, 10:01 PM
preppypyro
FTE Legend
Originally Posted by Faber
wanna be the best?....look at what you do worste.
want people to care what you think?....talk about what you can back with personal experience.
Great summary, your first sentence is exactly what i was getting at. I took the long winded route though haha, reps sent.

Old 01-10-2009, 10:02 PM
Faber
Elder User
Great summary, your first sentence is exactly what i was getting at. I took the long winded route though haha, reps sent.

Old 01-11-2009, 07:26 AM
wendell borror
Post Fiend
My good sir, I don't have to do research about ford to come on this site and bash them if that was my intended goal. To be blind, there has to be something I'm not seeing or in denial. So I guess you're telling me that I really have had a lot of problems with fords over the years, I just don't see it, what a joke. As far as 6.0 diesel head gaskets, I could care less, I have never owned a diesel or even like them for that matter. I deal with what effects me personally, what I own or have owned. I can't speak for something I've never had. However, the diesel crap will soon be over as ford will be building there own inhouse. mY first vehicle was a 1950 ford p/u with a flat head straight 6 and 3 speed on the floor. I paid 150.00$ for it back in 74, that truck is rock solid and was an insperation. I sold it to my cousin who restored it and still drives it today. That was follwed by some 60's era mustangs and fairlanes, even a 70 cobra torinio. I was into the muscle car scene and drag racing. My only concern with ford, was how to make it faster than the next guy's. My cars were really abused in the early years at the drag strip and even some street action. I would give them all I had, and they would come bacxk for more. During this time is when I really formed my opinions of ford and how tough they were. Even when I got into off roading, my first boulder basher was a 75 ford bronco. I took that truck where most people would be afraid to try and drag a chain. Between ford and jeeps, I kept the trails a hopping all these years and still enjoy wheeling my rangers and jeeps. So my opinions were formed out of hard core use of ford vehicles, I put then through there paces. I've never had any major problems from my fords, old or new and continue to enjoy them fully to this day. Now you know a good bit of my history and why I feel the way I do. I has nothing to do with being blind and everything to do with my history with ford.

Old 01-11-2009, 07:53 AM
tseekins
Super Moderator
In an effort to change direction a little, I still think that Ford screwed the pooch on the '09 F-150. Don't get me wrong, I love the truck. My thougts are that they should have waited until they had the new engine line-up to market with the new body and goodies that came out this year.

It'll take Ford longer to catch up in terms of HP/TQ than it will take the others to build side steps, tailgate steps and better towing systems. What happens when the others match wits with the F-150? We're back at square one again. This is a game of "one upsmanship". Ford took the award this year because the overall package is better inspite of less power. In years past when the packages have been relatively equal, more power got the nod.

Even though our hopes of a diesel in the F-150 seem to be gone for now, why can't we still get the heavy duty package? I'm all for anything that Ford's SVT can come up with (truck related). Absorb the R & D bucks into the toys and Lincoln product line and eventually spread them across the line-up.

Oh and furthermore, I think Ford should build the F-series trucks so the whole front clip tilts forward for easier access to the engine but without sacrificing impact strenght.

Any thoughts?

Tim

Old 01-11-2009, 08:14 AM
Red Ford Truck
Posting Guru
Oh and furthermore, I think Ford should build the F-series trucks so the whole front clip tilts forward for easier access to the engine but without sacrificing impact strength.

Any thoughts?

Tim[/QUOTE]

See now that's the kind of thing I was talking about, it's very forward thinking if you'll pardon the pun.

It has a bit of the wow factor but in my opinion would be very logical and practical to boot.

One has to wonder why Ford or none of the other car/truck companies has thought of doing this.

Rick.

Quick Reply: Ok Ok then what does Ford need to do to get their MOJO back?