Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 11:00 AM
scottf4444
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by icecold
scott how did you label your switches??
pete
The ARB lockers and compressor came with the switched like that. The other ones I got from here.....

http://www.carlingtech.com/pdf/vl_serswitlegends.pdf

Played with the sizing and printed them on clear, sticker pages.

Old 01-06-2009, 11:03 AM
scottf4444
Elder User
Originally Posted by weekendwarriorfsw32
Looks sweet Scott. Where did you buy your paint if you don't mind me asking.
Don't mind you asking at all - that's why we're all here....

I got the paint from a Ford dealership parts department. I used standard primer from Home Depot. The Ford cans aren't cheap and you'll need two. Dealer cost is $10 per can and they usually retail them for $20, but in my opinion, worth every penny. It matches exactly. Everyone who sees it thinks it factory, which was my goal.

Old 01-06-2009, 10:46 PM
weekendwarriorfsw32
Master of Strokes

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by scottf4444
Don't mind you asking at all - that's why we're all here....

I got the paint from a Ford dealership parts department. I used standard primer from Home Depot. The Ford cans aren't cheap and you'll need two. Dealer cost is $10 per can and they usually retail them for $20, but in my opinion, worth every penny. It matches exactly. Everyone who sees it thinks it factory, which was my goal.
Will any Ford Delar have this paint.

Old 01-07-2009, 07:51 AM
landcruzr
Senior User
WOW- wish I saw this post before installing my air lift guages in my center console- but I like the looks of your set up alot!!- does that section of dash fit exactly into the 01 X dash area?
Can you tell me the ford part number and what you paid for it? I can always find gadgets to fill the space with!!!

Old 01-07-2009, 08:52 AM
scottf4444
Elder User
I would assume every Ford dealership would have the paint - it is a genuine Ford part.

Dash part #'s
1C4Z80044D70-CAC 2 hole option
1C4Z80044D70-AAB 1 hole option

And as "weekendwarriorfsw32" knows, there is a lot of work involved. Yes it does fit exactly but a lot of cutting and epoxy. I used the 1 hole option and cut the second hole myself.

Old 01-10-2009, 10:18 AM
loujr
Freshman User
Great post,.....but I'm kind of confused? Nick the first pick you show at the start of your thread shows the cut out for the factory cup holders? Was that opening allready there, or did you have to cut that opening? was your part number considered the 1 hole, or the two? If you order the one hole part number, does that mean you get the long verticle opening, or the opening for the cup holder? That's where I'm still confused?

Old 01-10-2009, 10:28 AM
mudmaker
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by loujr
Great post,.....but I'm kind of confused? Nick the first pick you show at the start of your thread shows the cut out for the factory cup holders? Was that opening allready there, or did you have to cut that opening? was your part number considered the 1 hole, or the two? If you order the one hole part number, does that mean you get the long verticle opening, or the opening for the cup holder? That's where I'm still confused?
Get a hold of Ed, FTE Parts Guy. He has been getting them for the guys on the 7.3 forum. From what I understand the there are two part numbers. One with the hole for the cup holder and one without. IIRC the one with the hole for the cup holder is actually cheaper.

Th!nk Parts Guy/FTE Parts Guy

Old 01-10-2009, 05:38 PM
FarmingFord
Senior User
That dash looks very nice. About how much would it be total to do this in an F250. Can I do it by myself, a teenager with limited electrical knowledge and experience? I would love to do this to my truck, but I don't know if I'm smart enough. Haha

Thanks.

Old 01-10-2009, 05:46 PM
da X-man
Elder User
I too am a teenager with limited knowledge. Thats why I'm holding off on all electrical mods. That and not having a job.

Old 01-11-2009, 12:48 AM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by FarmingFord
That dash looks very nice. About how much would it be total to do this in an F250. Can I do it by myself, a teenager with limited electrical knowledge and experience? I would love to do this to my truck, but I don't know if I'm smart enough. Haha

Thanks.
Ask Nick, I bet he's younger than you!

I missed this thread somehow Nick. This mod looks awesome.

I tried to rep you but I still need to "spread it around" some more before I can.

Good job!

Stewart

Old 01-11-2009, 02:46 AM
weekendwarriorfsw32
Master of Strokes

Originally Posted by loujr
When i bought this one for ed (4C4Z-7004302-BA) I was only aware that there was only one kind and I had no knowledge of one or two hole ones so I am not much help there.

Old 01-11-2009, 02:52 AM
weekendwarriorfsw32
Master of Strokes

Thanks.

Originally Posted by da X-man
I too am a teenager with limited knowledge. Thats why I'm holding off on all electrical mods. That and not having a job.
If it helps I am only 16 and this stuff isnt to hard you just have to take your time and go slow

Old 01-11-2009, 02:55 AM
weekendwarriorfsw32
Master of Strokes

Here are some updated pics of it. Now all I need is the right paint and to figure out what switches to get!

Old 01-11-2009, 03:18 AM
Move over I'm coming
Senior User
Way cool. It would sure clean-up the dash. All that empty space has me wanting to do this too. Just what to put in that space?

Old 01-11-2009, 11:45 AM
Paul T
More Turbo

Thanks.
This is the breakdown of prices from TNT in round rock.
Items used :
  • [*]
Check out his dash at the link on post #4

Quick Reply: Putting an F 650 lower dash panel in the X