2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Never another piece of s**t ford again

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 07:29 AM
No-Tyme
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I

My 04's build date is 9/16/03... That won't work either.

Old 12-31-2008, 08:27 AM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by No-Tyme
I agree with you: There is a way to approach it propery, and without being aggresive. I am just deeply disapointed in this outcome and this has me dead set against FO MO CO, but I bet all the auto maufactures are doing the same thing. They find anything they can to get out of paying money to owners after they sold the car or truck to them: Its like "got ya sucka"
I have been told by a 30 plus year tec from Ford in Dearborn that there isn't much but cry and wine a bit. I draw the line at bending over
I'm willing to bet there is more than just FoMoCo at play here. Dealerships with too many warranty claims get put on "warranty control." It may be that they are either on warranty control or close to it. I wouldn't fight this past the dealership level (yet). If don't have success get it towed to another dealership and start there.

Old 12-31-2008, 09:23 AM
No-Tyme
Senior User
I have heard that the info is entered the computer, so if I do take it to another dealership they would be able to pull up the information in the computer relating to this issue. Did speak with the service manager this morning and he was meeting with service writer and tec to work out something. I did call Ford Customer Relations Department to open a case. Now it back to the brainstorming of the bunch of them. Like I told them, I would understand having to pay for the injector because its not covered under the warantee, but why should I also pay for the damage internally when the certified warantee states it covers internal lubcated parts.

Old 12-31-2008, 09:53 AM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Yes, they enter everything into OASIS. But, it doesn't mean that another dealer wouldn't come to a different conclusion because they aren't dealing with warranty control. As to the warranty issue, legally its on Ford's side. Its like putting a chip on an ECC-V and the PCM fries while the engine is running, causing engine damage... not Ford's to cover. Internal lubricated parts failure would be covered due to a spun bearing, failed oil pump, etc. (ie, they'll cover failure to a warranteed part caused by another warranteed part). Its not good news I know but you face an uphill battle.

As to recalls, Ford does send out notices, I've gotten them before. Signals get sometimes get crossed after it leaves the first owner's hands and he likely gets any notices on the truck.

Old 01-01-2009, 08:36 AM
rplatt56
Senior User
You mean like take it to another dealer? I thought all that info would be put into the computer and would be assesable to any Ford dealer... I am not even sure what they are gonna charge me for the dionoists.
My second Ford truck, and I never should have traded my 97: That was the best truck I ever owned.

I understand your anger, but why make your last statement while naming the post ANOTHER POS FORD?? Sounds more to me that its the dealer who certified the truck more then FORD itself.

Old 01-01-2009, 10:06 AM
No-Tyme
Senior User
Angry

Originally Posted by rplatt56
I understand your anger, but why make your last statement while naming the post ANOTHER POS FORD?? Sounds more to me that its the dealer who certified the truck more then FORD itself.
In as much as I would like to place blame somewhere, I wish I honesty could. It may have been the selling dealers oversite, or it just may be that Ford, as well as all of us, are really fealing the hard times. You know as well as I that Fo Mo Co will try there best to side step any unessary cost that they can, just as you and I are doing because of the economy. Things are rough for all of us: But the fact remains I do have a warantee from Fo Mo Co, not third party, covering oil lubercated parts and yes not the injector that caused the damage. But to denie coverage on waranteed parts because of a non-coverd part causeing the damage is to me, unacceptable. I think many will agree to this and I hope by my sob story or just plain venting on this web site will at least if nothing else, give notice to others who may end up in my shoes someday.
In other words, you can't trust Ford, or for that matter GM or Chysler... The warantee paper that you get is written in favor of the companies. And as a little guy feeling like they want me to bend over, I would rather fight that give in. Even though I may loose, its worth a try. Then they will have there way with me... I just hope to make it as gentle as possible.

Old 01-01-2009, 10:20 AM
No-Tyme
Senior User
Originally Posted by FTE Ken
Yes, they enter everything into OASIS. But, it doesn't mean that another dealer wouldn't come to a different conclusion because they aren't dealing with warranty control. As to the warranty issue, legally its on Ford's side. Its like putting a chip on an ECC-V and the PCM fries while the engine is running, causing engine damage... not Ford's to cover. Internal lubricated parts failure would be covered due to a spun bearing, failed oil pump, etc. (ie, they'll cover failure to a warranteed part caused by another warranteed part). Its not good news I know but you face an uphill battle.

As to recalls, Ford does send out notices, I've gotten them before. Signals get sometimes get crossed after it leaves the first owner's hands and he likely gets any notices on the truck.
Good responce Ken... But I just disagree on the warantee issue: If a part fails that is covered, it should be replaced under the warantee as specified, especially if it is a stock Ford part that caused the failure, regardless of a waranteed part or not. But you and I do have the right to disagree, as well as Fo Mo Co and I on this issue. I have no choice but to fight for any help I can get: No job, and I am still making payments on a truck that is no longer worth what I owe on it because of this problem.
I forsee an small reversal and some sort of assistance in the process, but I bet they approach me and try to get me to buy a another truck. I just don't know where this is all going to lead to. I am hoping for the best.

Old 01-01-2009, 10:25 AM
BIGKEN
Received 7,085 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Originally Posted by No-Tyme
My 04's build date is 9/16/03... That won't work either.

If you PM me your VIN...I'll check OASIS to see what it says.

I've been in the car business for 25+ years...I've never come across a warranty that covered damage caused by failure of a non warranteed part.

Old 01-01-2009, 10:54 AM
spatts
Senior User
I also purchased a Ford Cirtified Pre-Owned Vehicle its a 2005 f-150 xlt supercew. However I purchased additional Ford priemium bumper to bumper coverage. I did recieve the letter about the potential fuel injector trouble , but it states that work will only be done to replace the bad injector . So my qustion is this . If Ford recognizes the problem , and feels its ok to run around with the potential for a injector failure and will only change that bad injector How did your Truck wind up with such major engine damage? If this is the result of an injector going bad then Ford should replace all injectors before customers blow up there engines dont you think??? Is there a piece of this puzzle missing ??? Are only 04s and 05s affected with this problem ????? I think just the fact that Ford released an injector recall , and that your dealer is blaming the major motor damage on a injector would put you in a win win outcome . Your injector is covered by this recall dont you think ????? Somethings not right here !!!!!!

Old 01-01-2009, 11:46 AM
No-Tyme
Senior User
Originally Posted by spatts
I also purchased a Ford Cirtified Pre-Owned Vehicle its a 2005 f-150 xlt supercew. However I purchased additional Ford priemium bumper to bumper coverage. I did recieve the letter about the potential fuel injector trouble , but it states that work will only be done to replace the bad injector . So my qustion is this . If Ford recognizes the problem , and feels its ok to run around with the potential for a injector failure and will only change that bad injector How did your Truck wind up with such major engine damage? If this is the result of an injector going bad then Ford should replace all injectors before customers blow up there engines dont you think??? Is there a piece of this puzzle missing ??? Are only 04s and 05s affected with this problem ????? I think just the fact that Ford released an injector recall , and that your dealer is blaming the major motor damage on a injector would put you in a win win outcome . Your injector is covered by this recall dont you think ????? Somethings not right here !!!!!!
As for the recall, or extened warartee on the injectors, I have not been able to confirm but think it applies to model years 05 and up. I seem to have read somewhere it had a number started with a K, maybe KZ and a couple more numbers, or something like that. I just have not been able to verify. The dealership is aware of the recall, and that my 04 is not covered. But as stated above, we are going to see more of this "fine print" and warantee issues that will have to fight to get satisfaction out of.

Old 01-01-2009, 11:49 AM
No-Tyme
Senior User
vin #

Originally Posted by BIGKEN
If you PM me your VIN...I'll check OASIS to see what it says.

I've been in the car business for 25+ years...I've never come across a warranty that covered damage caused by failure of a non warranteed part.
done

Old 01-01-2009, 12:19 PM
efx4
Laughing Gas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have the 10 year, 120,000 mile warranty recall notice for my 2005, and the thought of a fuel injector failing and causing lower end dammage is disturbing to me. About two years ago, I had a fuel injector wire burn up in two, and I took it to a Ford dealership that my wife likes to buy all of her cars. The service manager told me a mouse ate the wire, and that Ford not only would not cover the claim, but I had to pay for the diagnosis. I pointed out to the manager that there is no chew marks on the wire and that either side of the wire is burnt and what makes you an expert on mice , and the potental damage they can do. He said I was right that he was no expert, but that Ford would not cover the warranty claim anyway. When I told them I was going to call Ford Custumer Relations, as well as the local Police, I was given my keys back. I took my truck to work the next morning and showed the guys at the body shop I work at and told them the story, they couldn't believe the **** and bull story that I was told. My boss said that our shop buys $25,000 of parts from this dealership a month and this sounded fishy, so my boss called the service dept., and nothing changed. Dealership lost the shop's business as well as my family's as well, I hope that little wire was worth it to them.

Old 01-01-2009, 12:45 PM
No-Tyme
Senior User
I am sorry that your clain was also denied: But you were at least able to get some satisfaction in the fact they are looseing a bit of business. I hope your boss told them why... I know I will make it clear I won't be back for a Ford product again unless I get some satisfaction.

Old 01-01-2009, 01:09 PM
ChargersFanInCO
Posting Guru
I was happy that they replaced my engine, but when I picked it up, it was dark. I checked it out today, and they put one of the older ones in it, so I went from the one-piece plug, back to the 2 piece. I pulled one today, and it's one of the older designed ones. I'm debating on switching them out now, or saying the hell with it as it'll be a long time before I have the miles on it to change them.

Old 01-01-2009, 03:15 PM
No-Tyme
Senior User
I did my plug change and from start to finish 9 hours: That included lunch, dinner and football. Every time I became a bit frustrated I sat down for a while and watched the games. I used the newer style Ford plug, which I ordered online from
Millennium Ford Dealer | Serving Seattle Washington, Renton Washington, Burien Washington, Offering New and Used Fords, a New Ford Dealership offering cars, trucks, and suvs.
for $71 and change to my doorstep. Thats the best price I could find.
If you don't drive too many miles and don't plan onm keeping the truck for a very long time, leave em'. IMHO.

I would need some Valium if I had to do another set. LOL

Quick Reply: Never another piece of s**t ford again