Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southwest Region > Arizona Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Arizona Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: kermmydog

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-29-2008, 05:54 PM
Elder User

bigunred is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Dunes ?

Any one here go to the dunes over at glamis? I was thinkin of taken the kids over as we havent been there yet. What should i expect, where are the better places for a lifted truck on not a sandrail or quads.
Old 12-29-2008, 06:32 PM
Post Fiend

helifixer has a spectacular reputation.helifixer has a spectacular reputation.helifixer has a spectacular reputation.helifixer has a spectacular reputation.helifixer has a spectacular reputation.helifixer has a spectacular reputation.helifixer has a spectacular reputation.helifixer has a spectacular reputation.helifixer has a spectacular reputation.helifixer has a spectacular reputation.helifixer has a spectacular reputation.
I have only driven by, looks way cool at night seeing all the lights shining every direction.
everyone I know that has gone there is retired and don't go much more.
Old 12-29-2008, 06:45 PM
Elder User

Thanks for the reply yeah was just hopin to get some info on the good spots to be or just the ones to avoid.
Old 12-29-2008, 06:59 PM
Post Fiend

helifixer has a spectacular reputation.helifixer has a spectacular reputation.helifixer has a spectacular reputation.helifixer has a spectacular reputation.helifixer has a spectacular reputation.helifixer has a spectacular reputation.helifixer has a spectacular reputation.helifixer has a spectacular reputation.helifixer has a spectacular reputation.helifixer has a spectacular reputation.helifixer has a spectacular reputation.
I think everyone just stays drunk, so just stay drunk and you won't know you are in trouble?
Old 12-30-2008, 12:55 AM
Post Fiend

liftedgrocerygetter is a splendid one to beholdliftedgrocerygetter is a splendid one to beholdliftedgrocerygetter is a splendid one to beholdliftedgrocerygetter is a splendid one to beholdliftedgrocerygetter is a splendid one to beholdliftedgrocerygetter is a splendid one to beholdliftedgrocerygetter is a splendid one to beholdliftedgrocerygetter is a splendid one to behold
I love the dunes but have only been to Buttercup. We would always see a bunch of chebbys and dmaxs stuck with a ford pulling them out, made me proud and I didn't even have my truck at that time.

Just make sure you have a whip for the truck and everyone buckled up, the BLM doesn't play around.

Have fun and post pics when you get back!
01 F-350 lariat 4x4, cc lb, 6.5" lift, 37's, WW, lateral traction bars, zoodad, mag-hytec rear diff/trans pan, 4" turbo back exhaust, SCT X3 with 80E from DP, guages, foil delete, 6637 w/ cover (Thanks Pete), Bilsteins
PAA #18
Old 12-31-2008, 08:13 AM
Posting Guru

SGnAZ has a good reputation on FTE.SGnAZ has a good reputation on FTE.SGnAZ has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigunred View Post
Any one here go to the dunes over at glamis? I was thinkin of taken the kids over as we havent been there yet. What should i expect, where are the better places for a lifted truck on not a sandrail or quads.
I have been to Glamis many times.
1.Avoid on holidays and weekends
2.Try to camp by the rr tracks-less nuts down there
3.Don't take your truck into any bowls
4.Don't drive at night unless you know exactly where you are
5.This is the most IMPORTANT-watch your kids at all times-this is not a dig at you-it is because of the DRUNKS on bikes,quads,rails,jeeps and everything else that goes fast,these people just don't pay real close attention to anything but themselves.(I've seen way too many serious accidents there)
I'm not trying to discourage you from going,Glamis is and can be real fun,there are too many of the X-Games crowd there for my liking.
Old 12-31-2008, 08:35 AM
Elder User

Thanx all for the info. Will deff. head over during the mid of the week.
01 Excursion limited 5" lift 35's
After No Fear.. Comes, Oh Sh...
Old 12-31-2008, 03:25 PM
Senior User

sand1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">olds hill is cool lots of draggin goin on
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Old 01-14-2009, 10:15 AM
Senior User

Pest007 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I like Gordon's myself, once you get to know the area, getting around the dunes is great, Buttercup is pretty good too. I think for just truck, Glamis would be ok, there are a lot of spots you can get to, but it's all the whoops for roads to get around. Gordons has a whoopy road to get to the hill too, but I drove through the dunes in my truck, no big bowls or anything, but a couple good hills, made it alright tho.
Autometer Gauges
Banks Stinger-plus system w/Ram Air intake w/NAPA 6637
Banks Trans-command Module
7.3 SD intercooler mod
MAP sensor mod
Old 01-16-2009, 11:33 AM
Senior User

tankd72 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGnAZ View Post
I have been to Glamis many times.
1.Avoid on holidays and weekends
2.Try to camp by the rr tracks-less nuts down there
3.Don't take your truck into any bowls
4.Don't drive at night unless you know exactly where you are
5.This is the most IMPORTANT-watch your kids at all times-this is not a dig at you-it is because of the DRUNKS on bikes,quads,rails,jeeps and everything else that goes fast,these people just don't pay real close attention to anything but themselves.(I've seen way too many serious accidents there)
I'm not trying to discourage you from going,Glamis is and can be real fun,there are too many of the X-Games crowd there for my liking.

100% correct!!!!!
Old 01-16-2009, 11:33 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southwest Region > Arizona Chapter