Lightning, Harley-Davidson F-150, Roush F-150 & Saleen F-150 SVT Ford F150 Lightning, Roush, Saleen and other performance F150's

make my 01 lightning go in the 11's

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2008, 03:03 PM
htgspecialties
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
make my 01 lightning go in the 11's

what does it take to get a stock 01 lightning to go in the 11's and still be a daily drive. please be specific and include the costs if you know

thank you
01 too slow jeff

Old 12-30-2008, 01:38 PM
TwoX
Senior User
a programmer, cold air intake, mass airflow sensor, throttle body are a good start.

Old 12-30-2008, 02:24 PM
htgspecialties
New User
thanks for the input.
since posting I found a kit from rpm outlet that contains upper cold air plenum, throttle body, lower pulley, coil over plugs idler pulleys and programmer. Hopefully with the intake, upper pulley and bassani exhaust already in place the kit will make a some improvement. If your interested, I will post the results of the add on's.

Old 12-30-2008, 04:07 PM
TwoX
Senior User
ya post some results, id like to know what its running with that stuff on there

Old 12-31-2008, 05:38 PM
894fseries
Junior User
I would be cautious about RPM outlet I have never heard anything good about there service. No personal experiance but I know on lightningforceperformance.com they have simalar packages, and I have not had any problems thru them. Good luck

Old 12-31-2008, 05:50 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by htgspecialties
since posting I found a kit from rpm outlet ...
DO NOT USE RPM OUTLET!!!!!

There isn't one single Lightning forum on the internet that will have membership endorse RPM Outlet, and in fact, there are a few Lightning boards who actively tell there membership to STAY AWAY FROM RPM OUTLET!

In my opinion, based on the MANY, MANY, MANY, MANY, MANY horror stories about their business practice, you will eventualy get screwed, if not the very first time you order something.

Originally Posted by 894fseries
I would be cautious about RPM outlet I have never heard anything good about there service. No personal experiance but I know on lightningforceperformance.com they have simalar packages, and I have not had any problems thru them. Good luck
LFP has a few detractors too, but it's not possible for Mark (LFP) to make everyone happy all the time.

I've spent thousands buying from LFP over the years and have nothing but good to say about them.

I wouldn't spend a dollar of YOUR money buying ANYTHING from RPM Outlet.

As for your original question, how much are you looking to spend to get your daily driven truck into the 11's?

It's easy to do, if you have enough money.

Simply buying a longblock from a well respected Lightning engine builder, adding long tubes, a Whipple or KB blower, and a custom tune will get you into the 11's.

Stewart

Old 12-31-2008, 07:05 PM
Blurry94
Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts
You're best bet is to go through LFP or Chickenears Perf. for your go fast goodies.

The throttle body, lower pulley and tuning will make a difference, but it wont see 11's on an otherwise stock motor.

Add a SCT BA air meter and fuel pump upgrade to support the power the motor will make to go 11's. Slap in a Circle D 2800 stall converter, headers and exhaust, shift kit, upper pulley (with the lower pulley) and that should get you 11.9's, or close to it.

It can run 11's and still be a daily driver but you're flirting with rod failure at that power level.

Old 01-01-2009, 12:04 AM
quikcobra
New User
Here is what I would do.

2.80 s/c pulley, #2 lower, change the idler's to 100mm, jlt intake, accufab thottle body (or bbk twin 65mm), 60lb injectors, kb BAP, bbk mid pipe, flow master catback ( Domestics should run flowmaster lol) And be safe with a 75 wet shot. Would should easily break 11's ooooh and tire's at least a radial

Old 01-01-2009, 03:09 AM
svt412
New User
I've bought many things from LFP, never had anything but good results. As far as 11's go, theres a few ways to go. Some definites are weight reduction and slicks or DR's. You can get good deals on them anywhere on the web. I run Nitto DRs on the street, and Slicks at the track that I got for $275 with rims. Right now I run a stock eaton with 4lb lower, accufab TB, intake, full exhaust, and a LFP tune, and I don't think I'm anywhere near 11's. You'd probably need at least a ported blower and a 6lb'er, unless you want to spray it. Good luck, I'm about to buy another truck for a DD, so mine can sit in the garage!: I've got a ported eaton, a 2.76 upper and a 6lb lower in the garage just waiting to go on as a start!-drink

Old 01-01-2009, 04:44 PM
ckirwan514
Senior User
rpm

do mot buy from rpm for any reason. lightning force performance or chickenears.com

Old 01-02-2009, 05:29 PM
wd13
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
11's are easy, just depends on how you want to do it and how much $$ you want to spend.
KB or whipple, 60# injectors and pumps, tune etc
-or-
6lb lower, tune, 75shot, etc

Old 01-05-2009, 07:33 AM
htgspecialties
New User
Smile 01 lightning

Thanks for your input. I'm sorry I did not wait to get feedback before making the purchase at rpm. However I had already had it purchased and it had been shipped before I got the reply's. Hopefully for me It will work out on this purchase. As for the questions about budget ect. I was trying to see how fast I could go with simple bolt on parts like throttle body, pulleys ect. without nitrouse or methanol. Another concern was that I did not want to damage the motor (rods) in this process as this truck only has 30K miles and is in like new condition. This vehicle is still a street truck not exactly a daily driver but more like a weekend warrior. I need to remain street legal but want to go much faster at the track. Budget is open as I will do these upgrades peice by peice over time. I welcome any input.

thanks
Jeff

Old 01-05-2009, 09:52 AM
Silver Streak
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You're in New Jersey. Half of the Lightning aftermarket in the free world is right in your neck of the woods. Why not give them a call? I am skeptical of the service of most L vendors, but when they're right there you might as well use them. Some of the best times run by most of the various platforms have also been run in NJ, so you've got an edge there.

As far as getting into the 11's, I agree with the poster that said you're motor will be on the edge of destruction if you rely on brute force to get you there. What you'll actually need to get you there depends on you. When I got my truck my goal was to go 12's with no chip, pulley or nitrous and with the stock tires and airbox at full weight. Everbody told me I was crazy. Unfortunately, issues with the track closing, then changing ownership, and other things happened and my interest changed to road racing before I got it done. Last time out (two months ago) I ran 13.20 at 105 with a road race suspension and having not made a pass in over 2 years, so it's only a set of drag radials and some practice away from getting there. My next goal was 11's with no chip, pulley or nitrous. Slicks, converter, traction bars, ported blower and some weight loss should have been good for that. It all depends on how much effort you want to put into getting your combination right. Most people today don't get everything they can out of their vehicle, regardless of what they're driving.

Old 01-05-2009, 11:22 AM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I make it a practice not to slam vendors on forums. I'll endorse vendors I know are good but it takes a lot for me to say anything bad (because there are always two sides to every story). Rather than say anything good or bad about RPM outlet, I'll link to their BBB record and let the consumer decide if 195 complaints (with 145 that they never responded to) in the last 36 months is something worth worrying about or not:

Greater Houston and South Texas: Check Out a Business or Charity

Old 01-23-2009, 03:41 PM
silverstang
Junior User
11s??? Thats going to be quite a radical daily driver, at least for a truck. Its not that unreachable though. Im not too much on the blower side of the game, but your best bet will be to get a KB on top of that puppy to start. (lots of extra HP, for fairly cheap).......im not sure about a lightning bottom end, like what type of rods to you guys have??? pistons??

On another note, my 2007 GT is full weight, around 3700 lbs, Daily driver, and i've got it in the high 11s on a 75 shot. Its not easy getting there if you dont have lots of money, but if you got the dough, the sky is the limit. I know of a guy around here with a lightning that is running low 11s on motor, and the truck has nitrous on it too (havn't ran it yet).........but thats a built motor with a KB on top of it.

Quick Reply: make my 01 lightning go in the 11's