Alaska Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

.... oops

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 08:32 PM
imfox
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy .... oops

I decided to put some more windshield washing fluid in my truck today. I'm 5'2"... my truck is just a smidgen bit taller than me. So to remedy this, rather than getting a steping stool, or something safe like that, I decide to just climb up on my bumper and pretty much sit in my engine bay. So, I have my jub of windshiel washer fluid sitting on my cover that protects my revvyspring thingy so dirt doesn't get in it. I climb up, hoist my bum onto my grill, and SLIP!

My arm plunges into the depths of my engine bay, somewhere near my belts. I will admit to you that I screamed, and began to cry. It hurt, cus while my arm went into the engine by, the rest of my body fell off my bumper and away from the direction of my arm, twisting, pulling, and just not making it feel good.

Well, I pretty much jumped back into my engine bay and got my arm out and the first thing I see is BLOOD. MY BLOOD. EVERYWHERE. On my truck, on my engine, on my arm, on my shirt, and now I"m crying even more. What's worse in the tears are freezing to my cheeks (which really just doesn't feel too good..).

I look at my arm, and.. OH LOOKY!! There's a piece of metal STICKING OUT OF MY ARM! Is my bf around to drive me to the hospital? No. Dad's not in town, and noone else is around. So I wrap a wrag around my arm and the metal, and drive my now-missing-a-piece-of-metal-from-somewhere-truck to the hospital. I get in there, still crying, rag now soaked in blood.

Hospital staff must not be very flippin smart.

Reseptionist: Hey, ma'am! How are you?
Me: It hurts, i'm cold, i'm crying, there's blood, and you're asking how i'm doing?!
R: Well, what happened?
M: I fell in my truck somewhere and broke some metal in my arm
R: Is it still bleeding?
M: No! That stuff falling on the floor is just sweat!! YES IT'S STILL BLEEDING!
R: Ok, well does it hurt?
M: Can I just see a doctor?!
R: You have to get checked in, ma'am...
M: OK I AM BLEEDING ON YOUR FLOOR WITH A HUGE PIECE OF METAL IN MY ARM! GET IT OUT NOW!
R: Ok, hang on.

So she gets on the phone and tells him that she has an out of control patient that is demanding to be seen by a doctori right away for a miner cut...

well, the doctor came and when he saw it, pretty much asked her if she was on crack, took me back, and got me all fixed up. And all I can think is "God.. where did that metal come from? Is it gonna hurt my truck any? Is blood gonna get in something and ruin my engine?!"

Old 12-14-2008, 09:49 PM
Ak68F250
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Glad your alright. Thats a bad thing to have happen. That reseptionist should have her head examined. I almost lost the tip of my right thumb from the fan on a ford.

Old 12-15-2008, 02:13 AM
Skip1970
Hotshot
Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts
good gawd!! what the heck was it??yoru radio antenna or a pry bar or somthing that is stuck in your arm? well good thing you made it to the doc.. filling that windshield wiper bottle can be a dangerous adventure for sure!!! get well sooN! youll need a suit of armor and then attempt it again.. wat ever you do dont have the engine running when you are under the hood.. i almost got my head pulled into the fan one time, i had no upper fan shroud.. and a sweat shirt hooded with them dangly shoelaces on it to tighten it around your face.. well the fan grabbed that and pulled me down but it snaped the string shortly after.. i got lucky!

Ray

Old 12-15-2008, 10:26 PM
imfox
Senior User
I dunno what it was. SOmething broke inside my engine bay near the belts... and Ray, I've been dumb enough to be sitting in my engine bay with my engine running. Had my hair get caught in the fan.. That was painful.. I cried a lot.

And I went back today to get the metal piece (they had to keep it.. something about cops, i dunno..) and when they gave it to me it was all cleaned and sparkly... so I can't even tell what it USED to look like! I tried to ask them and they were like "Uuhh.. well I know it had mud on it (like everything else in my truck) I think it had.. uhh.. you know I really couldn't tell ya" So who know where it came from. Had a guy at a shop agree to take a look at the area (after cleaning the blood) and he said he can't find anything extreme. Maybe it was just a loose piece of metal in there (i've found weirder stuff in there anyhow..)

Old 12-15-2008, 10:47 PM
Skip1970
Hotshot
Originally Posted by imfox
I dunno what it was. SOmething broke inside my engine bay near the belts... and Ray, I've been dumb enough to be sitting in my engine bay with my engine running. Had my hair get caught in the fan.. That was painful.. I cried a lot.

And I went back today to get the metal piece (they had to keep it.. something about cops, i dunno..) and when they gave it to me it was all cleaned and sparkly... so I can't even tell what it USED to look like! I tried to ask them and they were like "Uuhh.. well I know it had mud on it (like everything else in my truck) I think it had.. uhh.. you know I really couldn't tell ya" So who know where it came from. Had a guy at a shop agree to take a look at the area (after cleaning the blood) and he said he can't find anything extreme. Maybe it was just a loose piece of metal in there (i've found weirder stuff in there anyhow..)

crying allot is never a good thing. maybe a trim piece or somthing.. you know them fancy ford underhoods...

Old 12-15-2008, 10:49 PM
imfox
Senior User
*shrugs* I dunno, but they asked me "ok, Michelle, do you want Vicodin or -something that starts with a P-" "Uhh.. what's the difference?" "Vicodin will get you high, P will get you drowsy." Like.. realy?!? I'll take the Vicodin! But then realised I can't have any of it *growls evilly at my tummy*

Old 12-15-2008, 10:51 PM
Skip1970
Hotshot
Originally Posted by imfox
*shrugs* I dunno, but they asked me "ok, Michelle, do you want Vicodin or -something that starts with a P-" "Uhh.. what's the difference?" "Vicodin will get you high, P will get you drowsy." Like.. realy?!? I'll take the Vicodin! But then realised I can't have any of it *growls evilly at my tummy*
man pain meds make me sweat really bad and sick.

Old 12-15-2008, 10:54 PM
imfox
Senior User
pregnant chicks can't take pain meds >< So I'm sitting here with tylenol for my arm! It sucks... and you need to get on MSN! I can't keep up with you!

Old 12-15-2008, 11:00 PM
Skip1970
Hotshot
your pregnent? so is my wife she is due in april!

Old 12-15-2008, 11:04 PM
imfox
Senior User
OMG! ME TOO!!! April 22nd!! What ya havin? I'm havin a boy.

Old 12-15-2008, 11:05 PM
Skip1970
Hotshot
haha we keeping it a suprize! april 8th here! musta dont it a couple weeks early! mine got preg on the pill even!!

Old 12-15-2008, 11:20 PM
imfox
Senior User
O.o Oops! You know, you can sue them! That'd be enough for like.. a lot of new cars!

Old 12-15-2008, 11:23 PM
Skip1970
Hotshot
i think thats why they saiy 99.9% effective! were you trying for yours?

Old 12-15-2008, 11:42 PM
imfox
Senior User
Nope. Not at all.

Old 12-15-2008, 11:48 PM
Skip1970
Hotshot
well looks like we both just got lucky then! hehehehe

Quick Reply: .... oops