General Automotive Discussion

the new bronco needs its own forum to daydream in

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 04:52 PM
broncobilly66
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the new bronco needs its own forum to daydream in

Can we 2011 (f-100 spinoff ) bronco people have our own forum?

Old 12-23-2008, 01:03 PM
PilotRob
Elder User
We can always dream HERE.

Old 12-29-2008, 06:05 PM
Dr. Dirt
Cargo Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
before FTE makes a seperate forum for it the people here have to know if Ford is actually thinking about making the Bronco again.

Old 01-29-2009, 02:03 PM
supeRobertduty
Laughing Gas
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Dr. Dirt
before FTE makes a seperate forum for it the people here have to know if Ford is actually thinking about making the Bronco again.
Yep ,
For Example : the New F100 , The New 6.7 or the New 6.2

I think the BRONCO we all want will NEVER HAPPEN.
A Escape with the Bronco name maybe.

Old 01-29-2009, 02:13 PM
Ryan50hrl
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I doubt they'd name the escape a bronco...the escape has been wildly successful...no reason to bring back a name just for the sake of it...

Old 01-29-2009, 03:16 PM
WeWonIt
Elder User
I am still in love with the concept they canned. It seems like it would be an easy sell.

Old 01-29-2009, 05:24 PM
supeRobertduty
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by Ryan50hrl
I doubt they'd name the escape a bronco...the escape has been wildly successful...no reason to bring back a name just for the sake of it...
No of cource not ,
They don't call the Hummer H2 a tahoe ? (same platform) or H3 / trailblazer (shared platform)
They would use the Escape platform add the new bronco body and call it a bronco.

P.S : The Bronco concept is on a AWD Escape platform

Old 01-29-2009, 06:13 PM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,220 Likes on 803 Posts
Think back to the days of the Bronco II, what was Ford thinking? All these cool retro cars are coming back, give us a true retro offroader. If this ever shared any unibody platform, it would fail.

Tim

Old 01-30-2009, 10:12 AM
Cheshire Cat
Senior User
Yes unfortunatly what superRobertduty said is true. The concept Bronco was built on the AWD Escape platform.
I like the way the thing looks but if they where to make it in production that way. I would have to spend so much more money putting solid axles and a real drivetrain in it. It would make it not worth it to me to buy in the first place for me.

I hope they come up with a better platform if they try to produce it.

Old 01-30-2009, 02:11 PM
Red Ford Truck
Posting Guru
Talking Too Bad but I don't believe Ford will build a new Bronco.

Sadly, I think Ford has lost touch with it's past and is in fact playing catch up to someone elses dream of what a car company should be and what they should build.

Ford in my opinion needs to take the bull by the horns and start to lead and not follow the pack.

They can leave that way of doing business to GM and Chrysler.

Ford should take a look back at their history and see what names and models did and do well and update them to todays standards.

All they have to do is take a look around at any car show and see what folks are driving from the 60's and 70's.

Bring back the the 66 to 77 Bronco to give the jeep crowd a second better choice and all the Ford folks will buy it in droves.

They don't have to make it hard as nails for the base or family model but they should be all wheel drive and the sportsman model should be a true 4x4.

They should make tons of add ons and market many levels and most important the roof must must must be removable or in is not a Bronco Big Small or otherwise.

I love my 78 and 79 but I believe the masses would buy the 66 to 77 model based on it's size and shape more readily.

You know they could go wild with the colour schemes like they did in the 70's and just have some fun with it.

The last thing they need is something called a Bronco that's futuriztic looking and a hard top that looks nothing like a Bronco.

Rick.

Old 01-30-2009, 10:38 PM
supeRobertduty
Laughing Gas
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Red Ford Truck
I love my 78 and 79 but I believe the masses would buy the 66 to 77 model based on it's size and shape more readily.

You know they could go wild with the colour schemes like they did in the 70's and just have some fun with it.

The last thing they need is something called a Bronco that's futuriztic looking and a hard top that looks nothing like a Bronco.

Rick.
Very well said , Agree 100%

Old 01-31-2009, 11:48 AM
PilotRob
Elder User
I think I'd also have to agree. I love my FSB, but the smaller version makes more sense. Better mileage, easier to get into tighter spots, and just more fun. That's why I think most of us own a Bronco: FUN!

Hopefully they can figure that part out.

Old 01-31-2009, 01:59 PM
mysocks4
Freshman User
I think Ford would have a winner with a solid axle/mid-ranged horsepower early type Bronco. Something mom can take the kids to school and grab groceries during the week and dad can take the family on the trail over the weekend. Just take a look at what set ups are on the trails today and what people are doing with them. My '95 Bronco with a 5.0/auto works just fine for me. However, it would be nice to have a more updated version with all of the techology that is out there nowadays. I'll keep praying...

Old 01-31-2009, 04:20 PM
Red Ford Truck
Posting Guru
Talking Hold on there Robby.

Originally Posted by PilotRob
I think I'd also have to agree. I love my FSB, but the smaller version makes more sense. Better mileage, easier to get into tighter spots, and just more fun. That's why I think most of us own a Bronco: FUN!

Hopefully they can figure that part out.
I didn't say the 66/77 was more fun than the 78/79 I just said the masses would like it better LOL.

At the end of the day my loyalty is always with the 78/79

Rick.

Old 01-31-2009, 04:28 PM
Red Ford Truck
Posting Guru
You just have to wonder..........

We were out and about today and it's snowing like heck so we took my wifes 2007 Ranger 4x4.

But as we drove around we saw more Jeeps and Toyata FJs than you could shake a stick at.

Which leads me to believe there is most certainly a huge market out there for a new Bronco, but a real Bronco not a watered down escape or some other such nonsense.

Just think of all the folks that go camping or 4x4 or just want something to have fun driving in.

My wife had occasion to ride in a new Flex, now I like the looks of this new unit but she said it was so quiet inside it felt like she was driving her livingroom.

Sorry for the rant I just can't believe Ford management is so blind they can't see the writing on the wall.

Rick.

Quick Reply: the new bronco needs its own forum to daydream in