General Automotive Discussion

the new bronco needs its own forum to daydream in

Old 02-01-2009, 12:33 AM
Grantman
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have had 6 Broncos over the years. When I first met my wife I had an '82 with a 351M and a variable venturi carb (great idea actually a piece of junk). My wife actually cried when I sold it. It turned out it was the first truck she had ever driven. Now she compares everything to it and always says "Well it's no Bronco." Even my 2006 XLT isn't better in her eys than that old Bronco with 355,000 miles on it.

Old 02-05-2009, 08:48 PM
joeficsit
New User
Originally Posted by Ryan50hrl
I doubt they'd name the escape a bronco...the escape has been wildly successful...no reason to bring back a name just for the sake of it...

I'm not one to argue with that logic, but if escape sales started to slide they might re-badge it, like the "ALL NEW" taurus and taurus X.

Old 02-05-2009, 09:47 PM
WeWonIt
Elder User
I liked even the Bronco II, mine would trudge through anything and still felt like a little truck. I think FWD should be reserved for cars and minivans. If Ford gave me a 2 door, truck based small SUV I'd jump on it. If I knew who to smack upside the head for not releasing the concept, they would have a headache.

Old 02-07-2009, 03:47 PM
rambuck
Senior User
Originally Posted by WeWonIt
I am still in love with the concept they canned. It seems like it would be an easy sell.
No doubt, especially with the price claiming to be below $10,000 and to be a small SUV that more and more people demand.

Old 02-07-2009, 03:53 PM
rambuck
Senior User
Here's what I think should happen. Ford should do two things, but they could be dangerous, but it worked before...

Have the concept be put into production. Call it what they want to Bronco III even though it is too long and confusing, call it Bronco II. It woiuld be reminiscent of the classics like Ford enjoys and affordable and gets the consumer base Ford still kind of needs.

THEN, have a F150 based Bronco called, guess what, Bronco. I saw a concept drawing in Truckin'. It was beautiful. I think having a Class 1 truck-based 2-door SUV would bring back a reputable market. I miss the 2-door Explorers and Broncos. Plus the fact that the truck platform would ensure durability and capability. After all, the full-sized Bronco wasn't just a recreation toy. People used these to tow a bit and go about town.

That's just my take on it.

Old 02-09-2009, 12:09 PM
ExForBrian
New User
I think that they should bring it back as a bronco on the f250 chassis, with the powerstroke as an option, that would get over 25mpg and make it look tough, like this,

Old 02-10-2009, 07:10 AM
WeWonIt
Elder User
Originally Posted by ExForBrian
I think that they should bring it back as a bronco on the f250 chassis, with the powerstroke as an option, that would get over 25mpg and make it look tough, like this,

That's a good idea, I'd buy that too. I like 2 door SUV's, but if Ford ever broght back the name on a 4 door platform, it would be a sad day.

Old 02-10-2009, 03:01 PM
rambuck
Senior User
Originally Posted by WeWonIt
That's a good idea, I'd buy that too. I like 2 door SUV's, but if Ford ever broght back the name on a 4 door platform, it would be a sad day.
Ford isn't stupid. The Bronco has always been and always will be a 2 door. Reintroducing a 2 door SUV would be great for the market. The only competition is the FJ Cruiser and the Wrangler. Although the 1996 Bronco Centurion was sweet.

Old 02-10-2009, 05:36 PM
jackrista
Senior User
Originally Posted by ExForBrian

i like my X and its long, if they built this i might actually go buy a brand new truck and it would be this. especially if had the v-10 or powerstroke. but its gotta have a removable hardtop.

Old 02-11-2009, 09:00 AM
WeWonIt
Elder User
I like the idea of using the F250 as a base to build from. Though, they will never give us removable tops again, not with todays safety standards. I'd take removable windows or something.

Had to update the front end and make the pillar look like the old one.

Old 02-11-2009, 12:23 PM
Red2003XLT
Senior User
Originally Posted by rambuck
Ford isn't stupid. The Bronco has always been and always will be a 2 door. Reintroducing a 2 door SUV would be great for the market. The only competition is the FJ Cruiser and the Wrangler. Although the 1996 Bronco Centurion was sweet.

Chop two doors off the Escape and maybe add a suicide door ala a king cab.

Old 02-11-2009, 01:38 PM
WeWonIt
Elder User
Originally Posted by Red2003XLT
Oh God please NO! At least the BroncoII wasn't FWD

Old 02-11-2009, 02:00 PM
rambuck
Senior User
Originally Posted by Red2003XLT
That would be unattractive and tiny. We don't need a subcompact SUV. That would be pointless.

Old 02-11-2009, 02:11 PM
jk89cat
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i enjoyed my 1980, the only issue i had with it is , it wasnt enough truck for me i really need a pickup , that is the only reason i sold it i spent alot of time and money restoring her, i do miss her and wish i had been able to afford to keep her and buy the f150

Old 02-11-2009, 04:40 PM
WeWonIt
Elder User
If we keep this thread up, I'm going to have to go buy an old Bronco. I can hear my wife now!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: the new bronco needs its own forum to daydream in