2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New (to me) 2006 FX4 Supercrew

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 08:45 PM
brianjwilson
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New (to me) 2006 FX4 Supercrew

Traded in the Sport Trac yesterday for this puppy!
I will miss the sport trac as I had it setup pretty nicely. But I kind of outgrew it.

Here is the new truck. 06 FX4 Super Crew w/ 29k miles. The pictures pretty much speak for themselves, the only other option is a 6cd changer/mp3 player. It's missing leather and a rear slider but I'll deal with it

First mods will be window tint, ventshades, and a programmer (either a gryphon or re-tune my old xcal 2). Following that with a leveling kit and 305's on factory 18's. Eventually I'm hoping to run adjustable coil-overs (camburg or king) with camburg's upper control arm with 1" uni-ball. If I start looking at 6" lifts, I'll need a new front driveshaft, want rear lift springs, new gears, lockers, etc. It adds up too fast.
I don't want to get too crazy with this truck as it rides pretty sweet as it sits, but want it to be more capable offroad.

Old 12-16-2008, 09:24 PM
silver05fx4
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
pretty nice truck i always liked white ...couldn't find a white one when i was shoppin for mine

Old 12-16-2008, 10:07 PM
mxracer49
Freshman User
I sure don't miss the leather in my 06 FX4. Had leather in my past two Broncos and really didn't like it for some reason. Personal taste I guess. Nice truck btw!

Old 12-16-2008, 10:39 PM
Tylus
MMNC (SS)(Ret)

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by brianjwilson
Traded in the Sport Trac yesterday for this puppy!
I will miss the sport trac as I had it setup pretty nicely. But I kind of outgrew it.

Here is the new truck. 06 FX4 Super Crew w/ 29k miles. The pictures pretty much speak for themselves, the only other option is a 6cd changer/mp3 player. It's missing leather and a rear slider but I'll deal with it

First mods will be window tint, ventshades, and a programmer (either a gryphon or re-tune my old xcal 2). Following that with a leveling kit and 305's on factory 18's. Eventually I'm hoping to run adjustable coil-overs (camburg or king) with camburg's upper control arm with 1" uni-ball. If I start looking at 6" lifts, I'll need a new front driveshaft, want rear lift springs, new gears, lockers, etc. It adds up too fast.
I don't want to get too crazy with this truck as it rides pretty sweet as it sits, but want it to be more capable offroad.
awesome. that is exactly what my truck looked like in Oct 2006 when I bought her. Not to be an enabler or anything ...but the Pro-Comp 6" lift is $1200 on eBay...and you don't need a lnew onger front driveshaft either

I'll post up some before and after pics for you. It isn't often you can see what the mod will look like exactly before you take the plunge
Night I bought her

Pre Recon Lights (with 2.5" AS installed)

Within the last month or so (Ventshades removed...but they're back on)

someday I'll get some 35" tires

Old 12-16-2008, 10:49 PM
brianjwilson
Senior User
Originally Posted by tylus
awesome. that is exactly what my truck looked like in Oct 2006 when I bought her. Not to be an enabler or anything ...but the Pro-Comp 6" lift is $1200 on eBay...and you don't need a lnew onger front driveshaft either

I'll post up some before and after pics for you. It isn't often you can see what the mod will look like exactly before you take the plunge
Nice truck! Definitely could use some tires
I should clarify. I know the 6" lifts down NEED a new front driveshaft, but most get vibrations at higher speeds in 4x4. When I lived in Oregon I would often use 4x4 at high speeds in snow/ice. May not need it but I would want it (want everything to be smooth). Then I would want 35's, but wouldn't want them without re-gearing. I know from re-gearing the sport trac it is SPENDY, and when you have the front diff out you might as well put the locker in.
Basically, if I spend that much I'd rather have better quality, ride and performance than just the height. For the price of the lift I could run coil-overs that would work much better (and more travel) than the spacers in the pro-comp.
Then again, feel free to say "I told you so" when you see my truck in a year with a 6" lift and lockers, lol.
Anywho, after running low gears and auto-lockers in the sport trac I want something more street friendly for now. No doubt I'll be looking at lifting it down the road, but not for a while. I'd rather keep it relatively low and try to get a four wheel camper in the back.

By the way, from looking at your truck, I might get a 1.5" add-a-leaf with the leveling kit to keep the back slightly higher.

Old 12-16-2008, 11:16 PM
Tylus
MMNC (SS)(Ret)

Anywho, after running low gears and auto-lockers in the sport trac I want something more street friendly for now. No doubt I'll be looking at lifting it down the road, but not for a while. I'd rather keep it relatively low and try to get a four wheel camper in the back.

By the way, from looking at your truck, I might get a 1.5" add-a-leaf with the leveling kit to keep the back slightly higher.
wish I could give you a ride in the truck right now. she is downright "streety"...I love the looks on peoples faces when my 6,000 lb beast does something they don't think is possible

that last pic is without the 3" AS block...it's still sitting by my computer waiting on a free weekend that the wife doesn't ruin...then the OEM 2" will be gone and the truck will have a slight 1" rake vs. completely leveled as the pics show

Old 12-17-2008, 12:01 AM
brianjwilson
Senior User
Originally Posted by tylus
wish I could give you a ride in the truck right now. she is downright "streety"...I love the looks on peoples faces when my 6,000 lb beast does something they don't think is possible

that last pic is without the 3" AS block...it's still sitting by my computer waiting on a free weekend that the wife doesn't ruin...then the OEM 2" will be gone and the truck will have a slight 1" rake vs. completely leveled as the pics show
I'm sure if I searched I would find it, but...
What kind of tuner do you have, and who did your programmer with the s/c and everything?
I want to get an edge/gryphon, but I have an Xcal from my Sport Trac, and I believe I can get 3 tunes loaded from the same person who did the sport trac tunes for $140 or so. I may just go that route and find a nice way to mount the scangauge.

Old 12-17-2008, 09:34 AM
Groovy Chick
Former Vendor
Thumbs up

Beautiful truck! The dealership give you a good deal on it? In July, we were looking for a truck, and the incentives on NEW vehicles were incredible -- not so great for a trade-in, though...

Old 12-17-2008, 10:26 AM
brianjwilson
Senior User
Originally Posted by Groovy Chick
Beautiful truck! The dealership give you a good deal on it? In July, we were looking for a truck, and the incentives on NEW vehicles were incredible -- not so great for a trade-in, though...
Yes it was a pretty decent deal. The trade in part is always hard though.
I looked at getting a new F150 a month or so about when they were doing 7500 rebates on the 08's. I could get a new fully loaded FX4 with every option (moonroof, leather, backup camera, auto climate control, etc) for around $27-28, but I don't want to swing those payments, wasn't interested in the base XLT models.
Plus we all know when you buy a new vehicle on add they give you pennies for your trade in.
Though I'm sure I'll still poop myself when I see what they re-list my trade in for. lol

Old 12-17-2008, 01:19 PM
Tylus
MMNC (SS)(Ret)

I'm sure if I searched I would find it, but...
What kind of tuner do you have, and who did your programmer with the s/c and everything?
I want to get an edge/gryphon, but I have an Xcal from my Sport Trac, and I believe I can get 3 tunes loaded from the same person who did the sport trac tunes for $140 or so. I may just go that route and find a nice way to mount the scangauge.
Tuner = Nothing. Part of the Supercharger package from Roush is that they reflash the PCM with their own tuning

I love the way the Edge looks, but it won't work with my Guage pod...I was going to do the Livewire, but same problem as the Edge unless I mount it on the right side of the steering wheel.

So the Xcal II is looking to be the tuner of choice for me.
btw, the Roush tuning blows. The truck is plenty powerful, but Roush needs/needed to spend a little more time on it. The way the Boost Bypass is controlled, the truck acts like it has a turbo. Custom tuning will fix that though....just sucks that I don't have the full potential it could have at low RPM's...yet
Once I recover from Christmas, I am doing 3 things.
1. Baseline Dyno pull
2. Mike Troyer Tuning: a 2# pulley upgrade, E-Fan and 3 tunes. Also will be doing a custom Magnaflow exhaust. FTE Ken has had great luck with him, and apparently Mike has a 06 with the same Supercharger...I'm hoping to pick up another 30 RWHP.
3. Follow-up Dyno Pull to check the tunes are safe and get the good stuff...HP/TQ #'s

I estimate I have roughly 290-300 RWHP right now...and the ultimate goal is 330-340 RWHP.

Old 12-17-2008, 08:05 PM
Muddedprairie
Senior User
Guys your trucks look good.. I wish i knew how to post pic's on here... I'd love to show you my 06 FX4 3-inch lift 35's and a few other goodies.....

Mark

Old 12-17-2008, 10:35 PM
Tylus
MMNC (SS)(Ret)

join photobucket.com

after you upload a picture, it will give you 4 options to share the picture.

copy the one that has the [img]...[/img]

paste that code into the text box

Old 12-18-2008, 05:08 AM
SCRWDRVR
"Obsessed"

Nice new ride, I look forward to seeing the pics of its transformation.