Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Super Duty & Heavy Duty 1999 to current Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-16-2008, 06:06 AM
BC Chapter LDR

Zip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputation
Spare tire hanger

I have an 03 Crewcab and I don't think I have the tools (for lack of a better term) for lowering the spare. I may have missed it but my thought is that it should be behind the back seat or is it hidden in some other strategic spot.
Chris,#12 BS'er/Official Slackmaster #7/AVIDEST WINTER HATER
BC Chapter Member/Leader
JOIN THE BC CHAPTER HERE
Zoodad Mod, Blue Spring, Sinister Coolant Filter, Tripple Gauge Pod, Scangauge II, Leveling Kit, Straight Piped
Old 12-16-2008, 06:40 AM
Elder User

DavidB is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.DavidB is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
jack handle?

If it is like my 2000 350, look under the hood (jack handle) and look in the glove box for the "key".
Old 12-16-2008, 07:23 AM
Post Fiend

ReAX is a splendid one to beholdReAX is a splendid one to beholdReAX is a splendid one to beholdReAX is a splendid one to beholdReAX is a splendid one to beholdReAX is a splendid one to behold
Hopefully one of the sponsors will chime in but,

What is the process to get a year/vin specific key for the spare winch? I seem to have misplaced mine when I dampened my interior.

</td><td> Look, see these two tow hooks? They look like tusks. And what kind of animal has tusks?</td></tr></table>
Old 12-16-2008, 07:40 AM
Senior User

skunk250 is starting off with a positive reputation.
in my 2007 the key is in a pouch located in the glove compartment.

Not sure how to order replacements thought. I imagine that the stealership is a good place to start.
Old 12-16-2008, 09:52 AM
Post Fiend

F350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReAX View Post
Hopefully one of the sponsors will chime in but,

What is the process to get a year/vin specific key for the spare winch? I seem to have misplaced mine when I dampened my interior.
If you are one of the smart ones and filled out the registration card that came with the key, getting a new one is rather easy.

If you're like the rest of us, then you'll need to visit your local dealer and let them try their assortment of keys so they can sell you the correct one.

“Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.” Will Rogers
Old 12-16-2008, 02:29 PM
BC Chapter LDR

Zip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputation
Strangely enough I still have the key. Had to knock the one out on my old 99. The rods are not under the hood in the same spot above the fan where my 99 had them. I think I may be SOL. I tried a couple wreckers in the area and no luck.

I'm sure I could use the rods from some other Ford model. Maybe I should widen my search first.
BC Chapter Member/Leader
JOIN THE BC CHAPTER HERE
Zoodad Mod, Blue Spring, Sinister Coolant Filter, Tripple Gauge Pod, Scangauge II, Leveling Kit, Straight Piped
Old 12-17-2008, 01:54 PM
Postmaster

Saleenguy has a very good reputation on FTE.Saleenguy has a very good reputation on FTE.Saleenguy has a very good reputation on FTE.Saleenguy has a very good reputation on FTE.
Try your local autowreckers.
I bet they have them, and fairly cheaply.
I am Marty, Official Slackmaster #13.
Also proud to have a great wife, and 2 sometimes wonderful kids.

BC Chapter Member, also Nebraska, SC, NC, Wyoming, Maryland, NY, Mass, Oregon, NH, WI, Sask/Manitoba Chapters because the people are great....I can always join more, so if you want me just invite me.
Old 12-17-2008, 02:11 PM
Senior User

skoveng is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
You may not even need the key. My '03 XL Crew came with the key. I went to drop the spare and could not get it to engage. After trying for about an half hour I just tried the jack cank without the key. Turns out the type of spare winch on the truck did not need the key. The straight end of the jack crank just fit and lowered.
Old 12-17-2008, 02:55 PM
BC Chapter LDR

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoveng View Post
You may not even need the key. My '03 XL Crew came with the key. I went to drop the spare and could not get it to engage. After trying for about an half hour I just tried the jack cank without the key. Turns out the type of spare winch on the truck did not need the key. The straight end of the jack crank just fit and lowered.
Problem is I have the key but not the rest.
BC Chapter Member/Leader
JOIN THE BC CHAPTER HERE
Old 12-17-2008, 02:58 PM
BC Chapter LDR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saleenguy View Post
Try your local autowreckers.
I bet they have them, and fairly cheaply.
Been to two in Penticton and nada. Going to have to try the coast and Kelowna. They tell me they go like hotcakes. From experience of buying wrecker part they aint gonna be cheap. Probably be lucky if I get one for less than $50.00. Mind you any Ford truck that has the hanger should have the same rods.
BC Chapter Member/Leader
JOIN THE BC CHAPTER HERE
Old 12-17-2008, 06:23 PM
Postmaster

Saleenguy has a very good reputation on FTE.Saleenguy has a very good reputation on FTE.Saleenguy has a very good reputation on FTE.Saleenguy has a very good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip View Post
Been to two in Penticton and nada. Going to have to try the coast and Kelowna. They tell me they go like hotcakes. From experience of buying wrecker part they aint gonna be cheap. Probably be lucky if I get one for less than $50.00. Mind you any Ford truck that has the hanger should have the same rods.
Do you want me to check locally for you?

If so and you want them I can buy and ship them to you, and you can just repay me.
I am Marty, Official Slackmaster #13.
Also proud to have a great wife, and 2 sometimes wonderful kids.

BC Chapter Member, also Nebraska, SC, NC, Wyoming, Maryland, NY, Mass, Oregon, NH, WI, Sask/Manitoba Chapters because the people are great....I can always join more, so if you want me just invite me.
Old 12-17-2008, 06:46 PM
BC Chapter LDR

Thanks for the offer. I'm going to make a couple calls and see what I can come up with. If I come up dry I'll let you know.

This is what I'm looking for minus the jack.
01-08 FORD F-250 SUPERDUTY TRUCK OEM TIRE JACK & IRON - (eBay.ca item 380090909196 end time 24-Dec-08 16:24:36 EST)
BC Chapter Member/Leader
JOIN THE BC CHAPTER HERE
Old 12-18-2008, 07:00 PM
Postmaster

Beerstalker has a very good reputation on FTE.Beerstalker has a very good reputation on FTE.Beerstalker has a very good reputation on FTE.
In my 07 the pouch was behind my driver side back seat bolted into the plastic tray with a T shaped bolt so you could turn it by hand. Right now it's in my storage garage because I forgot to put it in my toolbox
Recon Smoked Cab, Mirror, and Brake Lights
MSD Dashhawk w/A Pillar Mount
Dieselsite Coolant Filter
Lund Eclipse Window Vents
Weatherguard Toolbox
Old 12-18-2008, 07:00 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty

Tags
2002, 2004, duty, explorer, ford, hanger, heavy, jack, ranger, spare, storage, super, tire, tool, truck