Nova Scotia Join Chapter, Leader:

Idea For A Car Show

Old 12-15-2008, 02:01 PM
northeaster79
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Idea For A Car Show

just kind of throwing an idea out there to anyone listening,but I have noticed the last number of years the lower and lower turn outs for the local car show,I do realize that not everyone is as interested in the oldies like some of use are.the same as not everyone likes the 5.0 mustang or the tuner cars,but we all do share a love for cars/trucks in general.I heard talk before the new glasgow show last year of them letting in tuner cars and special interst vehicles in hopes of a better turn out.yes they didn't,even a friend of mine with a very clean,lifted,pollished mid 90's dodge 4x4 couldn't get in,but durango with a huge stereo did.I'm not all that big a fan of tuners,or some other rigs,but I do enjoy going to a show where there are lots of people and lots of different things to look at.I had an idea,maybe not a good one but an idea just the same,have a car show were anything is welcome,from classics,to lifted 4x4's and even tuners,a show were any car enthusiest is welcome,have all profits going to the local childrens hospital.I know that this will never come about with the way the local car clubs is run,they have no want to have anything newer in the show,I understand they don't want the newer rigs there,but section of the classes,have something for everyone to enjoy.if theres no young gear heads,there won't be old gear heads.

Old 12-16-2008, 01:32 PM
Fomoko1
Received 1,344 Likes on 1,104 Posts
While we`ve found out that we don`t have enough members to put on our own show, we try to have a gtg at some of the other local shows. Even then only 1 or 2 turn up.

Old 12-17-2008, 06:57 AM
northeaster79
Elder User
well I'm not talking an fte show,just organizing a show that is open to cars of all types,nit just your 1985 and under cars/trucks,theres alot of nice rigs out there from brand new to old that deserve to be seen as much as any.

Old 12-17-2008, 09:24 AM
Fomoko1
Received 1,344 Likes on 1,104 Posts
Sounds like a good idea, that would bring people in.

Old 12-18-2008, 06:32 AM
northeaster79
Elder User
thats what I was thinking morris,section the different styles of vehicle of so that anyone could come to see something they like,I know from hanging around car shows since I was a kid that the last number of years they have been getting less and less attendance.

Old 12-18-2008, 07:26 AM
glruff
Super Moderator
Received 156 Likes on 92 Posts
Fred, we had good luck having g2g's at car/truck/bike shows hosted by local charities. We meet at a location before the event then roll in as a group.

It helps the charity and provides a cheap place to meet for the chapter.

Once a year, one of our members hosts a "mod" party for our chapter. We get together and help each other with mods to our trucks.

Just some ideas for your to consider.

Search this Thread