Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Super Duty & Heavy Duty 1999 to current Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-15-2008, 09:38 AM
Junior User

charon61285 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hub Lock Vacuum Actuator

I have both a 99 F-250 SD and a 01 F-350 SD both with ESOF, both 7.3 PSD.

The 99 will not do a ESOF but works when hubs are put in LOCK.

So I did a search of this forum and started to track the vacuum system for leaks or failed parts. In fact the vacuum pump never stops pumping and the defrost is always on. All indicators of a failed vacuum system per posts on FTE.

No leaks found, vacuum pump working, checked vacuum at each connector starting at pump. There is NO vacuum at anytime from the output port of the hublock vacuum actuator located on the "shot gun" (right) side of the truck. If I plug the RED input line to actuator the vacuum pump will shut off and heating system works correctly. If I plugged the output port of the actuator the vacuum pump never shuts off, on matter what possition 4WD switch is in, heating system is on deforst only.

Switched out actuators from 01 to 99. Retested items listed above. Every one of them tested OK! Plus the heat system is working correctly. The 99 installed in the 01 failed the same tests as I used on when it was in the 99 and the heating system fails in the 01 with 99 actuator installed.

So it looks like it is this actuator has failed.

Does anyone know the correct Ford part number this darn thing! I have look all over the internet and can not find it. I could go to my local Ford dealer and pay his retail price, but I am a little Scotch and would like to see if I can buy it for less from one of the online Ford parts places. I think it is a Ford ONLY part.

Thanks,

Ron
Old 12-15-2008, 11:20 AM
Senior User

Gofigurethis_01 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Check here:

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/65...rt-number.html

2005 F350 Lariat 4x4 Auto 3.73 DRW ARP's, oil cooler, STC, Stage 1 Turbo, R.R. fuel system, 4" turbo back, Skyjacker 2.5", 255/80r17 BFG KM2's
2003 CVPI 4.10LS SCT tuned
1978 F350 Custom 4x4 6.9L IDI NP435 4.10 DRW
1976 F250 Ranger AWD 390 C6 4.10
Old 12-15-2008, 11:20 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty

Tags
2000, 4x4, actuator, auto, f150, f250, f250sd, ford, hub, lock, number, part, pump, test, vaccum, vacuum