Set up for winter B100?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 11:18 AM
tazo
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Set up for winter B100?

So here it is winter time. I need to run B50 -B80 so the fuel will not gel. I was thinking it would be really nice to be able to run B90 or better yet B100. So I am trying to see if this is possible without major mods. The one problem that I see is the plastic fuel tank. All the heaters for fuel tanks say not for use on plastic tanks. So has anyone found a heater that will work on our plastic tanks? I also was thinking maybe a fuel filter heater. Has anyone used one? I am looking for any suggestions.

Old 01-16-2009, 12:15 PM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Just heating the tank and filter is not enough. All the fuel lines would have to be heated also,and you would have to start and stop on dino, similar to a "vegistroke" system. I'm mixing at B-50 right now because the temps are around 10-20 deg here now.

Old 01-16-2009, 01:00 PM
tazo
Elder User
Originally Posted by fabmandelux
Just heating the tank and filter is not enough. All the fuel lines would have to be heated also,and you would have to start and stop on dino, similar to a "vegistroke" system. I'm mixing at B-50 right now because the temps are around 10-20 deg here now.
That's what I thought. It would be too much time and money to have a two tank heated system like a vegistroke. I live in a semi-mild climate. It gets down to the high 20's low 30's during the cold spells and warms up during the day. So I was thinking about a mild set-up to heat the main parts of the fuel system. I have a block heater and that helps when it gets really cold. I usually fill up weekly and it is a pain in the*** in the winter. I fill up with some dino and then drive across the county to fill up with bio. It would be so much easier to just fill up with bio and not deal with a gas station.

Old 01-17-2009, 07:13 PM
Gun-Driver
Senior User
I too would like to run B-100 all winter. I was thinking about a vegistroke type system but I would like a tank about 100 gallons for road trips.
If anyone has any info or if they have gone this route I would appreciate the skinny.