General Automotive Discussion

new bronco?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 04:49 PM
Cdy1
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
new bronco?

iv been hearing about ford coming out with new broncos????
any1 know anything about it?

Old 12-11-2008, 06:56 PM
SUPERDUTY_untouchabl
Posting Guru
From what I have been reading, when/if ford starts producing the f100 there is rumors of building a bronco from basicaly that chassis with a new bronco body...

Old 12-11-2008, 07:48 PM
wendell borror
Post Fiend
According to truck trend and ford world, it will be body on frame construction. It will have a removable top, hose out flooring and solid axles front and rear. It's to be a real off roader, not a soocer mom suv. It's to compete against the jeep wrangler. If it has off/road goodies like the new raptor, ford is heading in the right direction for us wheelers, "YEE HAW BABY"!!!!!

Old 12-12-2008, 02:12 AM
BURNSTOUGHFORD
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by wendell borror
According to truck trend and ford world, it will be body on frame construction. It will have a removable top, hose out flooring and solid axles front and rear. It's to be a real off roader, not a soocer mom suv. It's to compete against the jeep wrangler. If it has off/road goodies like the new raptor, ford is heading in the right direction for us wheelers, "YEE HAW BABY"!!!!!
I hope you are right. But i would like to see some proof or link to the fact that ford is thinking of this model other than what people on FTE have been talking about for a year. I want a new BRONCO so bad its not funny. But i seriously would be surprised to see ford come out with another in a time like this.

I hope the BRONCO lives on in a F-150 style frame and suspension as it did before.

Old 12-12-2008, 08:51 AM
wendell borror
Post Fiend
I've seen articles on the bronco on and off over the last year are so, but didn't save any. You could try an internet search, using key words like, new ford bronco or ford new bronco and see if anything pops up. Like allways, the rumor mills will roll, but like with the flex or 6.2 engine, the proof will be in the show room. The 6.2 huricane was on, then off, then the 6.2 boss was on, then canceled. Now just the plain 6.2 will be in the 2010 F-150 raptor and replace the 5.4 in the super duty and thats confirmed by ford. So you know how these things work.

Old 12-12-2008, 09:22 AM
Cdy1
Senior User
dunno if its true buti think thats one ungly *** truck =/, might grow on me but idk. i like my 95

Old 12-12-2008, 09:41 AM
alxsnmr
Fleet Mechanic
It was a prototype back in 02 to 04 autoshows, just dont remember which one specifically. I like it but due to current economic pressures I do not think it will ever be a production vehicle. It was suppose to include a 4cyl diesel and other great things in the prototype, but I still do not believe it will come about because of its specific target niche.

Old 12-12-2008, 01:26 PM
rockstate45
Posting Guru
i know imma get flamed for sayin' this but I wanna see Ford build a FULL size off-road rig to the likes that'll put Jeeps and FJ cruisers to shame. One iwth a solid front axle. The works. Stock All terrains in 33's or 35s. Something completely badass. 2 door with removable top, just like the 90s.

Oh, and gotta have the solid front axle or I would have to think long andd hard before i bought it lol

-rockstate

Old 12-12-2008, 05:41 PM
brooklyn born
Senior User
Hard to believe they have enough money to come out with anything new.

Old 12-13-2008, 06:29 PM
wendell borror
Post Fiend
Guy's you gotta understand, in todays climate, you have to move forward with new products, if you have money or not. If they don't, they might as well shut the doors now. Ford R&D is hard out work trying to keep one up on the competetion. Ford is doing the best of the 3 and isn't taking the bailout, but reguardless, they still have to redesign and build new products. They would have to do that if they only had a penny left to thier name, it's the name of the game. They will be broker than they are now if they don't. Ford has a great plan for the future, instead of building different vehicles for different markets, they are going to make one set of vehicles for all the markets. Some of the cars we lust after in europe and austraila we be sold here. I don't know exactly which ones how it will work. I know ford but all thier performance programs from around the world under one roof with a new director. If you don't sell cars, there will be no money to worry about.

Old 12-13-2008, 07:28 PM
brooklyn born
Senior User
i agree with you, but do you think there will be enough bronco buyers to put a dent in the problem? what about chevy? will a new Camaro help them or a new Challenger for Dodge help? they are Niche vehicles attractive to certain poeple. they need to concentrate on a vehicle such as GM's Volt or a larger Hybrid other than the Escape

Old 12-13-2008, 08:01 PM
wendell borror
Post Fiend
They didn't intend for the bronco to be the answer to there problems. It will just be one of many vehicle to attract people to the blue oval. I just read on blue oval news that the new hybrid ford fusion gets 43 mpg city, thats awesome for a mid size sedan. The new fiesta gets 47 mpg from a 118 hp duratec and available with a 6 speed manual or automatic. There will be other european based cars comming to the U.S. Ford is serious about regaining it's shares back from the asian market. It this sort of thinking that will help get ford back on top. It won't be an easy road, a must for survival. Alan has done alot for ford , but doesn't get much credit at this point. He has a plan and his leadership is what I believe that has ford in the best shape of the 3.

Old 12-13-2008, 08:06 PM
wendell borror
Post Fiend
As far as chrysler, I personally believe they are done for. I don't think the goverment should even waste tax payers money on them. They are privately owned, they have no stock traded on the market. Cerbus there current owner is lush in capital, but won't invest anymore into the company. They also have not disclosed thier finacial records as they are a private company. They want us to take thier word for it that they are broke, however, I'm sure they are.

Old 12-13-2008, 08:51 PM
brooklyn born
Senior User
your right about the fusion, thats great milage. i was planning on getting rid of my Excursion next year hoping a hybrid Edge would be available. now i was told from adealer there is no plans to introduce the Edge Hybrid

Old 12-14-2008, 06:37 AM
wendell borror
Post Fiend
I haven't heard anything about a hybrid edge either. They do make the hybrid escape/mariner, but we still opted for the V6 4x4. I'm getting too old to understand the workings of all this new fangled space aged stuff ha ha.

Quick Reply: new bronco?