Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-11-2008, 11:51 AM
New User

chaserfish is starting off with a positive reputation.
excursion door panel removal

i would like to know how to remove the inside door panels on my 2000 excursion xlt. i need to service th epower loks and windows. thanks
Old 12-11-2008, 12:32 PM
Elder User

71-4R3SONS is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
The Tech folder at the top of the forum has a write up on the process...

Plus, the SEARCH function on this site works rather well... I remember seeing a write-up (Joe posted it) with pics.

Old 12-11-2008, 12:49 PM
Post Fiend

X_Hemi_Guy has a superb reputationX_Hemi_Guy has a superb reputationX_Hemi_Guy has a superb reputationX_Hemi_Guy has a superb reputationX_Hemi_Guy has a superb reputationX_Hemi_Guy has a superb reputationX_Hemi_Guy has a superb reputationX_Hemi_Guy has a superb reputationX_Hemi_Guy has a superb reputationX_Hemi_Guy has a superb reputationX_Hemi_Guy has a superb reputation
See post #10 of this thread for the pictures that Bob is referring to...

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/79...-problems.html
Big BS'r #19 and Slackmaster #30
Old 12-11-2008, 12:51 PM
New User

chaserfish is starting off with a positive reputation.
thanks for the reply 71-4r3sons. I saw the tech folder and it is just what i was looking for.thanks again.
Old 12-11-2008, 01:12 PM
Posting Guru

JaySVX has a great reputation on FTE.JaySVX has a great reputation on FTE.JaySVX has a great reputation on FTE.JaySVX has a great reputation on FTE.JaySVX has a great reputation on FTE.
The tech folder is great, there's a lot of really helpful info in it. When I have some free time I just read it for the hell of it.

Old 12-11-2008, 01:50 PM
Elder User

1 Excursion camper is a splendid one to behold1 Excursion camper is a splendid one to behold1 Excursion camper is a splendid one to behold1 Excursion camper is a splendid one to behold1 Excursion camper is a splendid one to behold1 Excursion camper is a splendid one to behold1 Excursion camper is a splendid one to behold
Of course it`s just as easy to say there are 2 screws that hold the panel on. one behind the light in the lower part of the door panel and one under the window switch bezel, the bezel pops out from the front first. also be sure to remove the trim piece for the mirror srews. then just lift up on the door panel.
Old 12-11-2008, 06:40 PM
Elder User

BAJI26 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I checked mine today and all bolts were pretty much tight but the window runs really smooth with the panel off. Any thoughts!?

NEXT - 08 Mirrors
COMING - Backup Camera
COMING - Upholstry
Old 12-11-2008, 07:03 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

sddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaserfish View Post
i would like to know how to remove the inside door panels on my 2000 excursion xlt. i need to service th epower loks and windows. thanks
Picture is worth a thousand words, this was just posted a couple of days ago.

Door panel removal
Old 12-12-2008, 12:01 AM
Posting Guru

wallz has much to be proud ofwallz has much to be proud ofwallz has much to be proud ofwallz has much to be proud ofwallz has much to be proud ofwallz has much to be proud ofwallz has much to be proud ofwallz has much to be proud ofwallz has much to be proud ofwallz has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAJI26 View Post
I checked mine today and all bolts were pretty much tight but the window runs really smooth with the panel off. Any thoughts!?

Spray the inside channels(one at the front and one in the rear of the door), and the mechanisms with silicone spray. Sometimes a little bit of candle wax rubbed onto the panel channel that rubs against the glass solves the problem.(or like was suggested in the other thread, waxing the inside of the glass.) The wax doesn't leave any residue after for stuff to stick to, to scratch the glass when being moved up and down.
2002 Excursion, 4x4, V-10, XLT, RS9000 shocks, true trac diff, 08 alum diff cover, interior light delete, 08 power fold/xtend mirrors, KM2 tires, 5 Star tuned, front cryo powerslots with hawk pads, XRF ball joints. 50" front mounted LED bar, 10" reverse light LED bar. Banks stainless long tube headers and exhaust kit., front seat heaters.
2011 Expedition, Ltd Max, 4x4. 30" LED light bar, flip key fob, 9 passenger, more to come.
Old 12-12-2008, 08:37 AM
Elder User

BAJI26 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallz View Post
Spray the inside channels(one at the front and one in the rear of the door), and the mechanisms with silicone spray. Sometimes a little bit of candle wax rubbed onto the panel channel that rubs against the glass solves the problem.(or like was suggested in the other thread, waxing the inside of the glass.) The wax doesn't leave any residue after for stuff to stick to, to scratch the glass when being moved up and down.
I meant to post this in the other thread, the only think that really worked for me was engine oil which lasts for over a year.

Can someone move my post to the other window problem thread!

NEXT - 08 Mirrors
COMING - Backup Camera
COMING - Upholstry
Old 12-12-2008, 08:37 AM