New "MS" chapter member here..

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 01:52 PM
ddrumman2004
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
New "MS" chapter member here..

Hello fellow Ford truck owners!

I'm Richard and I live in between Batesville and Courtland MS. I have been on this Ford forum for a few years now but am just now joining the MS Chapter.

I'm just recently remarried and have a 10 year old son at home who has Asperger's Disorder and we lost his mom to cancer back in 01.

I ride motorcycles, atvs and still bang around on the drums from time to time.

Great to be a member here! Thanks for having me!

PS..On a sad note, our South Panola Tigers winning streak came to an end last week. Meridian played a great game! Congratulations to them!

Old 12-10-2008, 05:59 PM
mds47588
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And I'll be the first to say "Hello" to ya.

I live in Poplarville now, but previously lived in Southaven for four years, and before that...I was down this-a-way too. Know your area fairly well.

And I noticed that you're also riding a Rancher. I got mine almost exactly two years ago and it's got exactly 1,700 miles on it now. Never had a ATV before, and I somewhat wished I woulda got a bigger one. On the other hand, this one has carried me anywhere I needed to go and without giving me a moments worth of trouble what-so-ever. In the ATV world, Honda has hands down the best reliability, bar none. (My thoughts)

Mark

Old 12-10-2008, 09:39 PM
bigsteve1969
Posting Guru
hey richard welcome to the Mississippi chapter! so you play drums.... well mayb when we have a GTG we may could do some jammin?

Old 12-11-2008, 01:35 PM
ddrumman2004
Posting Guru
Thanks guys!
I doubt I have that many miles on my Rancher Mark as I don't ride it much. I just now got my German Shepherd puppy to where she will ride on the back basket. Now whenever I go near the machine, she's the first one on it!
Mine is a manual tranny and I installed a Warn 424 so I could take it out of 4wd. Best mod anyone can make on a fulltime 4wd atv. IT's a lot more fun and easier to drive! We are lucky in that my wife, her mother and sister, have 230 acres at Enid MS where we can ride. My wife rides a Yamaha Bruin 350 auto and she loves going through mud holes!

I'm coming out of retirement from drum playing to do a gig on the 12th with the bass player in the band I used to be in as he's retiring at the first of the year. I wouldn't mind playing again but not every weekend like I was doing!
What do you play BigSteve?

Old 12-11-2008, 02:04 PM
BarryMc
Posting Guru
Richard, Welcome to the chapter. It'd be nice if we could get together and ride 4 wheelers one weekend.
I've got a polaris 400 automatic that been good to me, except when I got stuck in a hole....I was slamming it in forward then reverse trying to get out... when it finally broke! We eventually got it out of the hole by picking it up, then I had to drive it back to my mothers house in reverse...bout the time I was coming up her drive(bout a mile long) it started to over heat. Took it to the dealer to fix and all that was wrong with it was the gear shift was bent, that's why it wouldn't go into gear...There was nothing wrong from the over heating, I shut it off just in time.

Old 12-11-2008, 02:20 PM
bigsteve1969
Posting Guru
i play a little of everything man.. bass, lead i was on the tupelo drumline for 3 yrs i played the quints. i even break out the banjo every now and then

Old 12-11-2008, 02:40 PM
BarryMc
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by bigsteve1969
i play a little of everything man.. bass, lead i was on the tupelo drumline for 3 yrs i played the quints. i even break out the banjo every now and then
Steve, can you do the dueling banjos thing?

Old 12-12-2008, 08:58 AM
ddrumman2004
Posting Guru
So you played in the drumline Steve? I'm impressed!

All my "learning" on the drums was from playing along to records back in the late 60s. That is where I got my sense of timing down and that is one thing I am always complimented on....my timing. I'm not a flashy player so you won't see me doing a lot of fills and such....I just lay down a good backbeat and do the occasional fill that a song calls for.
I have also learned alot by watching other drummers and due to an injury to my left hand as a child, there are some things on the drums I will never be able to do!
The best compliment I ever got was from a lead guitar player that has played with a lot of musicians and the first time I played behind him, I was sort of scared as he has played with the best musicians around here. he turned around to me and said..."You're back there but I don't know you're back there." This made me feel great!

Where is Terry MS Barry? Shoot, I can Google it! LOL!!

The only problem I have had with my Rancher was when I installed a front disc brake kit last year. When I went to bleed the front brakes, I managed to strip out the head of one of the little screws that hold the reservoir cover on. This cover had never been off! I replaced them with metric socket head screws and small flat washers.
I do have front drums, shoes and wheel cylinders and backing plates to fit a Rancher that I am willing to part with if you know of anyone that needs them. They are "like new" condition meaning never have been submerged!

Old 12-12-2008, 10:49 AM
mds47588
Senior User
Here's my four-wheeler

My bike gets the tirefoam bath before and after every ride. Makes cleanup so much easier. The racks get touched up on a regular basis as well. End result, it looks much better than many bikes with less than half the miles I have.

Some of my mods:

Warn 4-2-4 (yes, great mod. Why couldn't Honda have done this from the factory?)
Front disc brake conversion
Strobes on all four corners
26x10x12 Mud Lites
STI Type 7's
HMF w/jet kit
Gel hand grips
2000lb Winch

....and too many more to li$t.

Old 12-12-2008, 11:03 AM
BarryMc
Posting Guru
Quote; Where is Terry MS Barry? Shoot, I can Google it! LOL!! Quote

Terry is just south of Jackson

Mark, That is a good looking wheeler you got there!