Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Oregon Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Oregon Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Fabmandelux

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-09-2008, 02:03 PM
Post Fiend

bertha66 is a splendid one to beholdbertha66 is a splendid one to beholdbertha66 is a splendid one to beholdbertha66 is a splendid one to beholdbertha66 is a splendid one to beholdbertha66 is a splendid one to beholdbertha66 is a splendid one to beholdbertha66 is a splendid one to behold
Race cars

Let's see how this works out, I got a few pictures of my race cars in my gallery under the pictures of my Bronco. I'm trying to see if I can get one on here. I'm in the red shirt and the 123 car and my son Robert with the 122 car.Click the image to open in full size.
1980 Bronco with 460 Gone but not to far!!
1976 F250 4X4 Custom with 429
Oregon Chapter Member: To join the Oregon Chapter, click HERE
Old 12-10-2008, 08:23 AM

fabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputation
Too kool Allen! As a grandpa also, I need more info! I've got 3 grandkids who love watching racing with me. I would like to get them started. Please post more info, like links to sites, cost of the cars, age groups, Etc. You get the picture!

RIP Steve Price. A true friend and a tireless supporter of FTE
Old 12-10-2008, 01:20 PM
Post Fiend

bertha66 is a splendid one to beholdbertha66 is a splendid one to beholdbertha66 is a splendid one to beholdbertha66 is a splendid one to beholdbertha66 is a splendid one to beholdbertha66 is a splendid one to beholdbertha66 is a splendid one to beholdbertha66 is a splendid one to behold
There is more about these on PQMRA site and on the National site is QMA.org. The kids can train as young as 4 1/2 and race at 5 up 16 years old. The track is 1/20th of a mile. Right now, there is only one track in Oregon, Portland, we are working with the City of Redmond to get a track built. You can get used cars for as low as $1000 and new turn key cars for up to around $6000. The engines, at lease for the new kids, are GX 120 Hondas. But there are others, once the kids get older. Trianing starts in April. The club in Portland has a day that they run trainer cars on the track for kids to try out to see if they like it. They have a trainer ride on the car with them until the kid gets the hang of it. My son Robert is one of the trainers. With all the safety gear that the kids use, it is one of the safest sports around. They have 5 point seat belts and arm resranits, helmits, coats, gloves and neck brace.
Old 12-12-2008, 05:39 PM
Old, tired and grouchy

Old93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputation
Looks like great fun for the young uns, even more for dad!
84 Ranger 4x4 2.8 V-6 5spd......500,140 miles!
Dave
Oregon Assistant Chapter leader: To join the Oregon Chapter, click HERE
Old 12-12-2008, 06:21 PM
Post Fiend

Yes, it's great fun for the whole family, Not only do the kids drive the Dads, Moms and my Wife and I work as car handlers. Plus we judge the races, we help flaging adn counting laps. It is a real family sport.
Old 12-12-2008, 08:13 PM

fabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputation
I've got to check out those web sites you posted Allen! Looks like something I'd like to do with my grandkids, great........... one more project for grandpaw

Old 12-13-2008, 06:32 PM
Post Fiend

FORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud of
hi guys,
my neighbor just bought a late model for south sound speedway and he 9k on it. that just for the body and rolling chassis. race cars can get spendy.
hey allen they look like mini sprint cars. i have a friend of mine and his kid races a similar version but alittle bigger. i forget where he races but its indoors. i think its in salem i think! south sound has a class called baby grands and future stars. but these cars are full body with a briggs and straton engine. and they're pretty quick for a lawnmower engine.
i'd like to put my wifes firebird together but no money to build the motor or tranny. and race it at river city speedway up in st.helens. i'd also like to put bertha back on the track but same problem. thats why i've been helping my neighbor out with his car. its agravatating sometimes but fun. specially if you win. thats allways nice.

jack
ford ranger
jack, slackmaster #6
1996 ford ranger xlt extended cab,2wd,4.0L v6,5spd,3.08 gears, tornado intake spacer, msd ignition,sun super tach2, k&n air filter, nascar oil filter.

iowa chapter member
Old 12-13-2008, 09:48 PM
Post Fiend

Jack, some of our club members do run that series in Salem. It's a lirrle hard to get over there in the winter.

Don, did you check out the other picture in my gallery? They are under the pictures os my Bronco.
Old 12-13-2008, 09:58 PM

Yes I did Allen! Way cool.............My son and I have been thinking of buying a used car for the grandkids. Just wish there were more places to race, any in Washington? Or Idaho? Seams to me Eastern Oregon would be a great place for tracks with all our sunshine

Old 12-13-2008, 10:14 PM
Post Fiend

In Washington, they have Yakama and a couple around Seatle. We are working on one for Redmond.
Old 12-13-2008, 10:24 PM
Post Fiend

FORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud of
allen,
good to talk to you! no i haven't yet! but i will!

jACK
jack, slackmaster #6
1996 ford ranger xlt extended cab,2wd,4.0L v6,5spd,3.08 gears, tornado intake spacer, msd ignition,sun super tach2, k&n air filter, nascar oil filter.

iowa chapter member
Old 12-14-2008, 10:50 PM
Post Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORD RANGER View Post
allen,
good to talk to you! no i haven't yet! but i will!

jACK
Nice to see you are around, Jack. I hope you like the pictures, The boys are real racers.
Old 12-15-2008, 12:16 AM
Post Fiend

allen,
the pics are cool!

jack
jack, slackmaster #6

iowa chapter member
Old 01-08-2009, 05:10 PM
Junior User

focusdriverlx20 is starting off with a positive reputation.
awesome. is there any of that on the easwt side of the cascades? all ive gots around here is my auto-x, and the oregon raceway that is goin in up at grass valley!

bryan
Old 01-08-2009, 06:35 PM
Post Fiend

hi allen,
i've had to sell both of our street stocks ,tires. and other parts.

jack
jack, slackmaster #6

iowa chapter member
Old 01-08-2009, 06:35 PM