Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-06-2008, 03:09 PM

fabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputation
New Bio Regs

New regulations from EPA for commercial plants, just made my job harder......... http://www.epa.gov/region07/prioriti...sel_manual.pdf
Old 12-06-2008, 03:17 PM
Postmaster

Rushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud of
So you're commercial? I thought that you were just being energy independent?
Trent - 2003 Excursion (Eddie Bauer) 4X4, 7.3, Hellvig antisway bar, 6637 intake mod, 4" MBRP w/ 5" tip, DP tuner, IH up-pipes, redhead steering box, 6.0 trans cooler, ISSPRO & Aeroforce gauges in A-pillar, Wicked Wheel, "Bullet Proof" Transmission rebuilt by Rapid Diesel, extra leaf spring added all around, more to follow! Gone BIO!!!
2002 TDI New Beetle - also likes Bio.
Old 12-06-2008, 03:19 PM
Postmaster

Rushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud of
Holy cow! 144 pg download. Leave it to the Gov.
Trent - 2003 Excursion (Eddie Bauer) 4X4, 7.3, Hellvig antisway bar, 6637 intake mod, 4" MBRP w/ 5" tip, DP tuner, IH up-pipes, redhead steering box, 6.0 trans cooler, ISSPRO & Aeroforce gauges in A-pillar, Wicked Wheel, "Bullet Proof" Transmission rebuilt by Rapid Diesel, extra leaf spring added all around, more to follow! Gone BIO!!!
Old 12-06-2008, 08:06 PM
Senior User

Tom D is starting off with a positive reputation.
GREAT....144 pages from the Washington GAS BAGS. We will be next with the "homebrew". If there is any way that Washington can get more involved in our life, they will do it. Well, it was a nice run.
Tom
Old 12-07-2008, 08:10 AM

fabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trent Fliginger View Post
So you're commercial? I thought that you were just being energy independent?
Yes, and Yes! I also design "micro" Biodiesel plants ( under 500,000 gallons/year). These "rules" will also affect the plants I design, and small co-op's.
Old 12-07-2008, 10:14 AM
New User

CarinaR is starting off with a positive reputation.
I think it's high time those on the Hill stopped talking and started listening. This country needs to get back to 'by the PEOPLE, FOR the people.
Old 12-07-2008, 10:36 AM
Postmaster

The Golden Rule always will apply in politics: They who have the Gold make the rules. Still is interesting all the data seems to show Biodiesel as a cleaner burning fuel. Also makes use of WVO, which would otherwise go to the landfill. With all of the pluses, as long as the methanol issue is dealt with, why mess with it?
Old 12-07-2008, 02:06 PM

Quote:
The Golden Rule always will apply in politics: They who have the Gold make the rules. Still is interesting all the data seems to show Biodiesel as a cleaner burning fuel. Also makes use of WVO, which would otherwise go to the landfill. With all of the pluses, as long as the methanol issue is dealt with, why mess with it?
Agreed. "The squeaky wheel gets the grease" also applies. Every time some "dim-wit" screws up and the public hears it and complains about it, the Gov will restrict it even more.

We, as producers of biodiesel ( in any amount), have the responsibility of working in a safe and environmentally NETURAL way. What I got from reading the new regs is glycerol WITH methanol will be treated as a hazardous waste, and glycerol with the Methanol REMOVED will not.

When you factor in that Methanol is our greatest cost, it just makes sense to RECOVER every bit we can to improve our bottom line AND avoid government regulation.

Be safe everyone...................
Old 12-08-2008, 06:52 AM
Senior User

SD26 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Well, those rules came from the non elected EPA, right?

Over 200 years ago, it was no taxation without representation. Now, we have laws and rules with no representation. Pretty much a difference of religion.

2003 Excursion Limited 4WD 7.3PSD - Prodigy brake controller, DP Tuner-60t/80e/AIC/exhaust brake, BG drive line fluids, Timbrin rear springs, 203* thermostat, Evans coolant, coolant filter, Ford Transmission Cure
2001 Focus ZTS, SVT suspension, Evans coolant, K&N air filter
2007 Buell XB12R road racer

Old 12-08-2008, 01:17 PM
Senior User

TchTchr is starting off with a positive reputation.
Have you started using the Zirconium?

Vehicles:

2001 F-250 CC - Vegistroke, many performance goodies - scary fast off the line

1981 Mercedes 300TDT - greasecar conversion, what a highway cruiser!

1963 Chevy II - bone stock - restored (by me), my grandpa bought new, my first car (1980) - my baby
Old 12-08-2008, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TchTchr View Post
Have you started using the Zirconium?
Nope, it's on order, but hasn't arrived yet.
Old 12-09-2008, 08:22 AM
New User

According to my limited personal experience and what I have been reading, can't you just heat your glycerol to about 170F to boil off any methanol that is left? It is the methanol that is toxic, not the glycerine. Glycerine is biodegradeable. I wonder if Oyster mushrooms like to grow on it and break it down....? I'll have to check it out.
Old 12-09-2008, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarinaR View Post
According to my limited personal experience and what I have been reading, can't you just heat your glycerol to about 170F to boil off any methanol that is left? It is the methanol that is toxic, not the glycerine.
This is exactly what you DO NOT want to do! Will it work? Yes. BUT IT'S STILL TOXIC!!

What's the difference weather you dump it on the ground, or evaporate it into the atmosphere? NOTHING! Your still polluting.
Old 12-10-2008, 08:38 AM
New User

That makes sense. So I guess you recapture it in a still? I'm just curious, I don't brew it, I plan to run on straight WVO...
Is it legal to have a still if you register it as fuel producing?
Old 12-10-2008, 04:47 PM

There are several ways to recover the Methanol, using a still is one of them.

A Fed permit is not necessary to recover Methanol. A permit is only required for distilling Ethanol.
Old 12-10-2008, 04:47 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels

Tags
fliginger, trent