Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-Atlantic Region > New York Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

New York Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: tiny1

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-05-2008, 11:01 PM
Posting Guru

Ronin007 has a great reputation on FTE.Ronin007 has a great reputation on FTE.Ronin007 has a great reputation on FTE.Ronin007 has a great reputation on FTE.Ronin007 has a great reputation on FTE.
Smile Hello from Ronin007

Hey everyone. Long time no chat. Glad to see a lot of you are still around and Neil is hanging in there as your fearless leader.

Didn't realize I had been away as long as I have been. Things have been crazy as usual at home and work. Really needed to take the time away from the forums. I had to come on tonight to figure out why my heater blower on the Super Duty will sometimes work and other times not. Figured while I was researching that I would stop in to say "hi" to everyone.

Well take care everyone. I will try not to be away as long next time.
Old 12-06-2008, 06:35 PM
NY CHAPTER LDR

tiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputation
Darren.... glad to see you around and I am glad to hear that things in your life is about as hectic as the rest of ours. As you stated, do not be a stranger and hopefully you can get your heater blower issue figured out.

Take care
Official #2 Slackmaster & Pyroslacker Extraordinaire

To Join The NEW YORK CHAPTER CLICK HERE

R.I.P. Wallace 9/6/14 & Annabelle 10/15/14, man's best friends
Old 12-07-2008, 05:59 AM
Post Fiend

lenny1carl has a superb reputationlenny1carl has a superb reputationlenny1carl has a superb reputationlenny1carl has a superb reputationlenny1carl has a superb reputationlenny1carl has a superb reputationlenny1carl has a superb reputationlenny1carl has a superb reputationlenny1carl has a superb reputationlenny1carl has a superb reputationlenny1carl has a superb reputation
Hope you're well Darren......

NY problem solver dammit. R.I.P. Dono
Old 12-07-2008, 08:27 AM
Post Fiend

GLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputation
Hey Darren, good to hear from you. Sounds like things are as hectic for you as everyone else. Hope you are doing ok.
[/SIGPIC]George 54 F100, 78 F150, 79 F150, 86 F250, 87 F250 Member #5 Boy you ain't Right Club Official Slackmaster #15
Old 12-07-2008, 10:04 PM
Posting Guru

Ronin007 has a great reputation on FTE.Ronin007 has a great reputation on FTE.Ronin007 has a great reputation on FTE.Ronin007 has a great reputation on FTE.Ronin007 has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenny1carl View Post
Hope you're well Darren......
Hey Carl!! Sorry I missed your birthday so happy belated!!

As to my health, I was just given a clean bill of health in regards to my cancer and they switched me from a 3-month checkup routine to 6-month.

The only downside is my wife has to have surgery at the end of this month so we are dealing with that.

Thanks Neil and George!!
Old 12-08-2008, 04:39 AM
Post Fiend

lenny1carl has a superb reputationlenny1carl has a superb reputationlenny1carl has a superb reputationlenny1carl has a superb reputationlenny1carl has a superb reputationlenny1carl has a superb reputationlenny1carl has a superb reputationlenny1carl has a superb reputationlenny1carl has a superb reputationlenny1carl has a superb reputationlenny1carl has a superb reputation
Darren..thanks for the b'day wish..you got the point of my question. I'm very glad to hear of the 6mo. check up schedual. Next goal,, once a yr baby!!!!
Tell the Mrs. we'll keep good thoughts for her.

Old 12-08-2008, 11:10 AM
Posting Guru

Quote:
Darren..thanks for the b'day wish..
You are welcome.

Quote:
..you got the point of my question. I'm very glad to hear of the 6mo. check up schedual. Next goal,, once a yr baby!!!!
Yes I did get the point of your question and yes I agree the next goal is 1 year checkups. I am just glad I don't have to have CT scans any more. I have terrible veins so having the IV put in me for the dye is a royal pain.

Quote:
Tell the Mrs. we'll keep good thoughts for her.
Thanks Carl, I will. She has to have a saliva duct removed which is not a problem other than they have to cut right next to her carotid artery which is very scary.
Old 12-08-2008, 02:53 PM
Super Moderator

Krewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputation
Rap on the blower motor when it won't start - the brushes might be shot. And, use a meter or test light and see if it's getting power when it won't run.

Oh, and long time no type!
'97 Cougar XR7 30th Anniv Edition 4.6L
'74 F250 Highboy FE390 deceased!
I've been wrong before, I'll be wrong again. Just wait and see. ®
Old 12-08-2008, 04:53 PM
Post Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin007 View Post
Yes I did get the point of your question and yes I agree the next goal is 1 year checkups. I am just glad I don't have to have CT scans any more. I have terrible veins so having the IV put in me for the dye is a royal pain.
Nan was the same way. We were SOOO glad we'd done the port for the chemo because there ()was only 1 tech in 4 hospitals that could do a dye IV without blowing a vein!

Old 12-09-2008, 12:06 PM
Posting Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by krewat View Post
Rap on the blower motor when it won't start - the brushes might be shot. And, use a meter or test light and see if it's getting power when it won't run.
Art - it was a loose connection at the blower motor. All is fine now. Now I have to figure out my lack of heat in my project Ranger.

Good to hear from you too.

Quote:
Nan was the same way. We were SOOO glad we'd done the port for the chemo because there ()was only 1 tech in 4 hospitals that could do a dye IV without blowing a vein!
Carl - I can't totally blame the techs as I have really bad veins, but I have had some techs that just didn't get the fact that fishing for a vein in someone's arm does not feel good.
Old 12-09-2008, 12:17 PM
NY CHAPTER LDR

tiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin007 View Post
Carl - I can't totally blame the techs as I have really bad veins, but I have had some techs that just didn't get the fact that fishing for a vein in someone's arm does not feel good.
The small problem that I have is that the veins are not very visible in my arm for drawing blood for test. Once and awhile I will get a new tech and they deciede to go on a fishing expedition. What I tell them is how would you like it if I went fishing for the vein in your arm. After that they tend not to do it anymore.... or maybe my size scares the you-know-what out of them

Darren, I will keep you and your wife in my thoughts for a successful operation.

Old 12-09-2008, 12:18 PM
NY CHAPTER LDR

Oh and what is this of a 'project' Ranger???? Do tell

Old 12-09-2008, 01:30 PM
Super Moderator

Krewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputation
I shoulda been a junkie - I'm about 80 pounds overweight and my veins are still visible... never had a problem with them taking blood, that's for sure.
'97 Cougar XR7 30th Anniv Edition 4.6L
'74 F250 Highboy FE390 deceased!
I've been wrong before, I'll be wrong again. Just wait and see. ®
Old 12-09-2008, 08:42 PM
Posting Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiny1 View Post
Darren, I will keep you and your wife in my thoughts for a successful operation.
Thanks Neil. I will let the wife know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiny1 View Post
Oh and what is this of a 'project' Ranger???? Do tell
During the summer a friend of mine called me up and asked if I wanted his Ranger that had been sitting in his yard for 8 months. If I did, come get it. The Ranger is from SC and is pretty rust free. Right off it needed a fan clutch, water pump, 4x4 shift motor, tune-up parts, and new fluids. I'm trying to figure out how larger of tires I want to put on it for wheeling so that I know how much of a lift to do. Been trying to find the time to work on it around the home and work schedules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krewat View Post
I shoulda been a junkie -
Old 12-09-2008, 08:49 PM
NY CHAPTER LDR

Darren I was wondering if this 'project' would end up being your new wheeling rig and it sure sounds like it is and by the sounds of it, the price was right and at least this way it will be built the way you want it.

Keep us posted.

Old 12-09-2008, 08:49 PM