1980 - 1986 Bullnose F100, F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Early Eighties Bullnose Ford Truck

Rambeling thoughts...86 F-150..4X4..

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 04:42 PM
oldfart
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rambeling thoughts...86 F-150..4X4..

Well now folks sit back and pop open a beer and fire up yer pipes. This post has nuthin' to do with fixin' things..it's just my rambelin' thoughts at the end of a week of deer hunting...and the fact that I own a really nice 86 F-150 4X4. This past week I spent guiding a hunter from Boise, Idaho in the pursuit of the wiley whitetails here in south-central Pa. and let me say first and foremost..his shooting "inhales deeply"!! He missed a 150 class buck..standing at 20yds.!! (12 points..24in. wide 'er better!!) And several does even closer!! Now in respect for him..he's using a flintlock..you know..one of them ole Dan'l Boone guns. Anyways..today I had to take him down to the Harrisburg International Airport here in Pa. to send him back to Boise. We loaded up the Ford and I had all my usual stuff on board. Spare parts, extry oil, anti-freeze, air-compresser and tire-patching kit...warm clothes in case of a complete failure...fruit and snacks..matches..etc. etc. ad-nauseum. Fact is folks...I hate traveling. Hate driving in city traffic. Hate driving o'er 45 m.p.h.!! I don't read road signs real well..nearly blind..deef and hate taking directions! And I despise tail-gaters! Anyways..we got down to Harrisburg Airport and that's when it happened. Ohhh yes more to come of course! Audie..the longwinded Oldfart!!

Old 12-05-2008, 05:05 PM
oldfart
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well now folks as ya'll kin tell I'm not much on big city drivin'. Where I reside we have 2 stop signs..2 churches and a feed-mill...and a old-time hardware store. The owners live in the back of the store. Seriously!! Anyways..we blasted down the Pa. Turnpike at 60 m.p.h. and screamed off The Pike and careened into the airport and launched right up the ramp to the 2nd. floor parking area via a nearly verticle ramp with only 8ft. clearance... as was well marked...at an astounding velocity! I did find out my truck cleared the ceiling even with the Leer cap! HUZZAH! Not that I was going to stop..but it's a point-in-fact I thought I should mention. Anyways..launched into the 2nd. floor parking area..and promptly missed the parking area (2L) and slammed on the brakes and....THE TRUCK STALLED! Don't know why..don't care. The fack that I'm 2hrs. away from home..inn'a big city..at an airport...carrying an obsene amount of "ordinance" on my person was enough to make me fill my drawers! Fortunatly the truck started right back up..we secured a parking spot and I heaved my hunter out onto the concrete and pointed that truck back home a.s.a.p.!! Arrived home intact and now reaching for a beer. And that's the rest of the story! Audie..the Oldfart...